The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Psijic Grand Villa still in development?

Vahlyance
Vahlyance
✭✭✭
Previewing the Villa ingame on the PTS and normal servers, and seeing so many issues with it's current state.
Whether it be spaces that would be open, but are blocked off with walling:
ux82lwe6xbuw.png
a1sq736bb54q.png
1vyvd82frz4y.png
x1ob33954u5l.png
cgbtagosn7vm.png
or the holy glowing glass panels (Windows?):
i3gd6c6iicx2.png
8f0w2e89e8hx.png
As well as some exterior window spaces that have also been walled off:
psgx8pee02rq.png
I ask this honestly, feeling a bit stupid for doing so, as I would think there'd be no way they'd just leave it like this, but seeing this area simply blocked off intentionally by furnishings in the furnished version on the PTS (Which seems to be poorly lacking in them), brings me deep concern. That they might actually leave it like that or seal off what would/could have been another room entirely:
nsh7jfrrlg28.png
If anyone could shed some light on the subject, I'd me most grateful, I've already pre-purchased crowns for the place, 'cause I really want it, even for the exterior alone, but seeing the interior of the building/cathedral, has left me worried about it. (Thanks in advance.)

『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fix these things before going live and perhaps add a balcony or something to it.
    Edited by Adernath on August 16, 2018 9:39PM
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    I hope they fix these things before going live and perhaps add a balcony or something to it.

I'd doubt they go that far, but if they did, I'd totally shell out all my crowns for this place. (Sitting on 24,300 Crowns in wait for this to become purchasable.)
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked it out on live, since the PTS hasnt gotten the proper Wolfhunter update yet.
    They took my advice! There are no longer 12 HUGE empty bookcases in one of the towers! Perhaps they will add them back in as part of the furnished house.
    They also fixed the missing staircase that was posted about.

However the actual bugs with the geometry I posted about numerous times (including many screenshots with the bugs circled) are all still there. Hopefully those will get fixed but at this point it seems unlikely.

With regards to the OP's sentiments, I disagree. None of the rooms feel unfinished or blocked off at all. The "window" behind the dais on the far wall is irksome, but I dont find it to be awful. As to the "frames" and such scattered about, I quite like them. They make good spots to display art or objects.
    Seeing this house on live has done nothing save rekindle the fire in me to get this house so I can begin to decorate it!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good to hear @Earrindo, it's great that ZOS takes feedback into consideration, especially for a house that's going to be understandably costly when it's released, but also because it's nice to be heard for the people who spend a big chunk of their gaming time on the PTS, testing the waters for everyone else :smile:
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this house on the PTS and loved it. Can we preview it in game yet? I can't wait for it to be released, I've got my crowns ready for it. I'm trying to guess how much it's going to cost.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be toured empty if you actually travel to the entrance on artaeum, but no price is listed and the window says it is unavailable.
    Hopefully before it goes on sale they will fix the geometry problems I documented on the PTS thread
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kimaeril wrote: »
    I bought this house on the PTS and loved it. Can we preview it in game yet? I can't wait for it to be released, I've got my crowns ready for it. I'm trying to guess how much it's going to cost.

Yes. You can preview this home on the life server as well as the Hircine one.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they are going to add some rooms at the top of the stairs. Otherwise, it's too stupid - grand and beautiful stairs leading to... nothing. It's silly. Nobility used to live on the second parade floor, in their rooms behind the doors, not in some large broom closets under the stairs.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they are going to add some rooms at the top of the stairs. Otherwise, it's too stupid - grand and beautiful stairs leading to... nothing. It's silly. Nobility used to live on the second parade floor, in their rooms behind the doors, not in some large broom closets under the stairs.

Ever hear of the Winchester Mansion? Lots of stairs going nowhere in that place. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually quite like the landings. They make really nice galleries that look down on the hall, and to be honest I'd rather not have even more smaller rooms eating up item count in a house that's already tight with slots as it is.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Ever hear of the Winchester Mansion? Lots of stairs going nowhere in that place. ;)

Sometimes I think there are some similarities between the owner of that abode and the leadership of this game.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • AJL32456
    AJL32456
    ✭✭✭
    I love the overall feel and look of the house. I just have a few suggestions that I think would add to the Psijic vibe:
    • The indoor pool needs to be deeper. Currently, it is a paddling pool. I don't know if the designers were going for that or if they were thinking more of an indoor pool/bath. I just think the pool should be deep enough to swim in.
    • The furniture I feel should have some relation to the Psijic monks as currently there's no Psijic banners or anything that you'd expect from the Grand Psijic Villa.
    • It is actually the Alinor throne room set on a beautiful island, with a backroom pool and a couple of suites. So I think there should be something in the villa of similarity with Ceporah Tower's architecture, with an access point like the one used to enter the house. Maybe an area similar to the Ceporah Tower lobby/dreaming cave as a summoning/scrying space with a room off the side or something.

Thanks and well done to the developers for making a beautiful home.

Best,
    Edited by AJL32456 on August 29, 2018 3:19PM
    AJL32456
    - Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
    www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
    • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
      • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
      • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
      • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can preview the Hircine house on live but not this one, not even coming up on my map :/
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    I can preview the Hircine house on live but not this one, not even coming up on my map :/

Didn't show up on my map either until I went inside as I recall. As in took the teleport thing to the island, not walked into the building itself. Took me an hour to find the right path to get there because I was led to believe it was locked behind some quests that I had not done yet, like the main one that unlocks the portal to Artaeum. All the preview videos start at the teleport but don't show how to get to the teleport.
    Edited by Glurin on August 30, 2018 9:20AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the "hot springs" wading pool in the back. As for being more Psijic, I'm pretty well ok with it after running around in Summerset for a while. It feels of "Old World" Summerset. The one where my character's great great grandfather was a shipping magnate and built a remote villa on the coast so that he could bring in private shipments and host meetings with his captains periodically. It was a minor tragedy when the family house was lost when the Psijics left Summerset and Auridon. Being able to go back in after all this time and see the family legacy that may or may not be there is exciting to him. It will take some time to refurbish, but, the opportunity is priceless.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Didn't show up on my map either until I went inside as I recall. As in took the teleport thing to the island, not walked into the building itself. Took me an hour to find the right path to get there because I was led to believe it was locked behind some quests that I had not done yet, like the main one that unlocks the portal to Artaeum. All the preview videos start at the teleport but don't show how to get to the teleport.

Could you tell me the way pathfinder? hehe

Edit....FOUND IT :smiley:
    Edited by Chaos2088 on August 31, 2018 11:32PM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Alwayshappy

Could you tell me the way pathfinder? hehe

Edit....FOUND IT :smiley:

Could you tell me how? I can't find the entrance either. Haven't quested on the island before, is that the problem? I walk south from the wayshrine in the north, but I can't seem to get to the souther part of the island. I can enter some building with some shrines and a door to the beach, but it's closed. Tried swimming around the island, but got aten of course :D
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the same building as the museum stuff, first door on the right I believe. Go down a short hallway to a door that just says arteum.
  • Alwayshappy
    Found it, thank you!

I wonder when it will be released. Wouldn't want to miss out. It's not highlighted in the newsletter for September.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Found it, thank you!

I wonder when it will be released. Wouldn't want to miss out. It's not highlighted in the newsletter for September.

No official word on that, unfortunately. I'm eager for it too. Was eyeing Linchal Grand Manor for a while, but didn't care much for the actual house. I like just about everything about Grand Psijic Villa though, so now I'm planning on getting that instead.
    Edited by Glurin on September 1, 2018 11:55PM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously it's out now? and there are (probably) still some issues. Hopefully, some have been fixed at this point. Some weird wall carving placements, but besides that... and the magic sunlight... it has no other issues that I know of. Maybe hang some paintings or banners if it still is bothering you? :heart:
    Edited by kadochka on October 19, 2018 7:45PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.