The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone is having this issue ?

jao0199
jao0199
✭✭✭
Sometimes i get stuck while waving light attacks and my character start charging a perma heavy attack or sometimes freezes and 1s later all the mobs are dead.
Anyone experiencing this issue too ?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me periodically,but only with a lightning or resto staff. Never with other weapon types.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kdka
    Kdka
    Soul Shriven
    I have it every time when doing DPS parse on a dummy !
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this a few times when my ping spiked past 150 ms or something like that. My theory is that the server has a timer that says when the light attack animation changes to a medium/heavy weave. Due to this timer being exceeded due to excessive latency and/or packet loss, the server misidentifies your light attack weave as heavy attack. Mobs falling down after a delay is simply the server killing them with the misidentified heavy attack, then the information feed back to the client, although you only see the light attack animation. The death animation delay is about as long as the heavy attack animation would have taken, around ~1.2-1.4s.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I saw this a few times when my ping spiked past 150 ms or something like that. My theory is that the server has a timer that says when the light attack animation changes to a medium/heavy weave. Due to this timer being exceeded due to excessive latency and/or packet loss, the server misidentifies your light attack weave as heavy attack. Mobs falling down after a delay is simply the server killing them with the misidentified heavy attack, then the information feed back to the client, although you only see the light attack animation. The death animation delay is about as long as the heavy attack animation would have taken, around ~1.2-1.4s.

Yes, but this started to happen just after the new dlc update. :neutral: