The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What are the dremora saying in the IC Districts?

MinuitPro
MinuitPro
✭✭✭✭
Looking for someone good with Ehlnofex/Admiris languages. I keep hearing some things in (for example) the Arboretum IC District and I can't find any reference for it.

Subtitles work in other districts but not there; something like
LO MANCHA MOLAG BAL
is said by the cultists around the area but it's bugging me not knowing what it means.

I've found some neat language references (like UESP) but nothing has the phrase I'm looking for.
Edited by MinuitPro on August 3, 2018 4:01PM
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    doubt this is helpful/relevant but mancha is Spanish for "blemish". like if you get your cloths dirty from playing outside or something. kinda like a stain.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a reference to Molag Bal's scheme to defeat Terry Gilliam in Spain...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_La_Mancha

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    What they're saying is most likely "LORMANTIA MOLAG BAL". The exact meaning of Lormantia is unknown, but it definitely relates to darkness (lor/loria) in some way (cf. Adamantia—a name for the Direnni Tower—in which Ada means "god" or "divine"). The Dremora in the Imperial City say several other similar phrases in their language, which is very similar to Ehlnofex, namely:

"AH BAL HIE GHARTOK AI/AE"

"HOOM GHARTOK ALTADOON"; this is literally "Low Hand Weapon'' and might mean something like "The Hand brings down the Weapon"

"HIE ALTADOON VA NIRN"
    Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on August 4, 2018 7:52AM
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    This is as deep as I was willing to search so here you go.
    The
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/translation-dictionary
    to your brain.
    LAMANTIA: like the previous commenter suggested is Unknown. So I will throw this out there...PHILLIP Lamantia's visionary poems are ecstatic, terror-filled, and erotic, exploring the subconscious world of dreams and linking it to the experience of daily life.Molag Bal created First Vampire you know...Thats Highly Erotic.
    Maybe Molag:Flint Bal: Stone Fan. Flintstone fan?
    Molag: Fire
    Bal: Stone

Or The writers New Firestone tires are lame.

My guess, Phillip Lamantia got a Shoutout from a friend after He died in 2005.
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, any chance you can offer some insight on this? You have way better resources to answer this than most. :)