The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furniture you can interact with...

AJL32456
AJL32456
✭✭✭
Hello,

So a major thing that bugs me, is that you can have as many tables, chairs, stools, beds, ( etc.) as you want to furnish your homes with and make them look pretty, but the only things I can actually do, is turn the lights on and off, fight an undead skeleton and move everything all around in the housing editor.
It'd also be nice to be able to interact with any pets or mounts I place in my small corner of Tamriel, but that's a discussion for another day...

Is this something that the developers are working on changing in the future? Or are we doomed to stand and crouch around everywhere for eternity?
AJL32456
- Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
  • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
    • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
    • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
  • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
    • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
    • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
    • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)
  • Sassparella501
    Sassparella501
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to click on a bed to sleep to log out.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread a couple of days ago about a music box being planned. I agree we need more interactable things in the home, and yes, I've always wondered why beds weren't able to be interacted with (you've been able to interact with beds since Oblivion).

I've always wanted NPC companions in my house, personally.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best kept secret (no longer) is the Hlaalu Gong...
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adam32456

I'm not sure if you still play on Mac (based on your signature?) but if you are on Mac/PC now, you can check out Essential Housing Tools. As of version 5.x it now enables you to build:

Animation Scenes, including a Record function that will essentially play back changes that you make in sequence

Automate lights and any other interactive furnishings

Trigger automation and animation scenes from a variety of conditions, including toggling an interactive item (such as a Switch or Light), entering/exiting a certain location, using a particular /emote or using any particular Quickslot item that you choose.

I realize that the more interactive items that are added to the game, the better; but, hopefully you can find some unique, interesting stuff to do with this add-on if you want to check it out. :wink:
  • AJL32456
    AJL32456
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play on mac as much anymore as I play on Xbox more, I probably should get back onto it though, but the essential housing tools wouldn't allow players to sit on a chair or sleep on a bed though.

As cool as it is to animate objects and lights, and trigger automation to scare anyone who trespasses/goes snooping. :p>:)

It's great that they're making and adding new interactive items, but I think it would be beneficial to add interactivity to all the existing furniture items too.
    Edited by AJL32456 on August 19, 2018 12:02PM
    AJL32456
    - Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
    www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
    • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
      • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
      • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
      • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello OP,

I would love if some furniture was more intractable (beds).

However, if you look it up. There is allready some furniture in the game that is interactable. You just have to search for it. (I think of the Jester's box, Veloth's reliquary,...)
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    Hello OP,

I would love if some furniture was more intractable (beds).

However, if you look it up. There is allready some furniture in the game that is interactable. You just have to search for it. (I think of the Jester's box, Veloth's reliquary,...)

There are many furnishings that are interactive, as stated in the description. Shivering Isle Cheese, Jester Box, Giant Clam, the False Faced Fan (turns you into a monkey) among other things. Some are gained from doing quests, like the Fan is gotten through finishing the Artaeum Museum, and the Augur skull from the Psijic quest line. Yes, would love to see more things to play with in my house, but there is a decent list of items already. Like my fake skyshard that confuses people that don't know its a furnishing.
    Edited by deviousthevile on August 20, 2018 2:52PM
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can sit on most of the chairs. The exceptions are really annoying.
  • sola281
    sola281
    Housing seems like a waste because of the lack of things you can do in them!
    - Would like to see some of my non-active characters in my house when I visit.
    - Beds for sleeping/logging out!
    - More item displays.
    - More Storage.
    - Ability to have plants/mining nodes that can be harvested once a day!