Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get updated armors on old mounts?

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
New mounts lately have had their armor updated, both for guars and senche types, and also new horse models with new armor.

That's good, the bad thing is that the old armor on older mounts now look quite outdated, the huge chunk of metal plate on the face of guar mounts and kagouti look especially terrible, compared to the new, sleeker head plates on guar mounts.

Could we possibly get the old mounts updated with new armor looks? Or if you wish to monetize this even further, could we get some armor upgrade tokens to buy that would upgrade the armor on older mounts?
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would buy tokens or even an armor pack for mounts. The new cougar senche has a nice armor look. My favorite mount is my old senche lioness and she would love an upgrade.
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great but I think It's a strategy to sell new re-skinned mounts... over and over again but hey! It has a new saddle! :p
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos changes the skin then sells them in the crown store. There not going to do it for mounts er already have.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great if some mounts could have different style armor/saddle and also their colors

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos changes the skin then sells them in the crown store. There not going to do it for mounts er already have.

Well I'm sure glad you answered this on behalf of ZOS, seeing as you work for them. Oh wait. You don't.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d buy a whole cavalry of reskinned horses to get flashy new armor if only they’d go back to the sturdy warhorse model and stop releasing these skinny freaks. The Silver Dawn horse looks too crippled to carry its own armor let alone a rider.

I’d also like to see the headplate on the old guar made more fashionable as well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Well I'm sure glad you answered this on behalf of ZOS, seeing as you work for them. Oh wait. You don't.

I can understand being upset with such an obvious statement but that is as close of an answer from Zos as you will get and their still not going to update old mounts, outside of what I already stated.

Sorry to bring such bad news.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

I can understand being upset with such an obvious statement but that is as close of an answer from Zos as you will get and their still not going to update old mounts, outside of what I already stated.

Sorry to bring such bad news.

Maybe you should stop trying to be the oracle of ZOS and also refrain from commenting in threads where you have absolutely zero to contribute with.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong.

There have been mmo's in the past that have retroactively updated base game models.

One day Zos may sell various mount armors in the store, or possibly upgrade current mount armors for free.

Zos has demonstrated their ability to give out updates/items/mounts for free already.

Edited by Mattock_Romulus on August 18, 2018 2:05AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like this. The saddles on the old horses are very strange.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts need complete overhaul. Saddles dyes, option to change style of saddle and upgrades, etc.
    We have classic saddle style, atronach style and psijic style right now. Some mounts have unique.
    Option to customize all of them would be nice.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a bareback option, too. Especially where the no-saddle version is already in-game as an ambient creature.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of being able to set your kind of saddle etc upgrades :-) More customisation!
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I’d buy a whole cavalry of reskinned horses to get flashy new armor if only they’d go back to the sturdy warhorse model and stop releasing these skinny freaks. The Silver Dawn horse looks too crippled to carry its own armor let alone a rider.

Oh, I seriously agree on this! I've passed over all of the new horse mounts because the new slender model looks so bad. It's like a greyhound schtupped the offspring of a deer and a horse, and this is the result. The front and back ends don't even look like they belong to the same animal! And the issues with the front knees (from inverse kinematics setting) are so much more apparent. Bleh.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Mounts need complete overhaul. Saddles dyes, option to change style of saddle and upgrades, etc.
    We have classic saddle style, atronach style and psijic style right now. Some mounts have unique.
    Option to customize all of them would be nice.
    That would be my take on the question as well.

An... lets call it "outfit system for mounts". Being able to mix and match mount equipment styles, dye your mounts saddle and stuff, etc.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone post any comparison screenshots?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Octopuss I have several mounts and I can grab some of the horses later. At work right now.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like mount armor dyeing.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Octopuss I grabbed a few screens of an old horse and what I assume the new standard tack for horses is going to be going forward. They aren't the best. I recently had to replace my computer so I don't have all my software installed yet.

1_by_versipeli-dcma595.png
    2_by_versipeli-dcma58y.png
    3_by_versipeli-dcma58o.png
    4_by_versipeli-dcma58f.png
    5_by_versipeli-dcma583.png

The saddle bags no longer look like goiters and the saddles are much more realistic. I'm not sure I like the style of the new facial mask, but the modeling is definitely superior. The only thing about the new tack I'm not fond of is the straps on the legs. I wish they had just modeled a better version of the barding from the old tack. The bums look a little sparse for decoration now.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

The saddle bags no longer look like goiters and the saddles are much more realistic. I'm not sure I like the style of the new facial mask, but the modeling is definitely superior. The only thing about the new tack I'm not fond of is the straps on the legs. I wish they had just modeled a better version of the barding from the old tack. The bums look a little sparse for decoration now.

8_by_versipeli-dcmaefc.png

Quick, sloppy, and just for funsies.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree and I have requested this quite some times, equipment for old horsy and basic mounts in general would be great.

I have enough mounts already that I like and all assigned to the characters who fit them better. IF if a new mount I absolutely like would be released, I would buy it but even so it could happen how often? Once in a year or six months?

Customization of my favorite mounts would be the best way to make me spend money in the mounts section.

They could easily make money with mounts equipment, even more if further customizable in some way like dyeing, but they truly seem to lack decent marketing ideas and at present I kind of hope they won't release anything like that so I can continue to avoid spending a dime.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll