The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New PvP Death Recap messages

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
I just love these. Someone at ZOS has my wacky sense of humor. I'm really shocked there hasn't been a post about these previously; or at least I haven't seen one.

The new death recaps in Cyrodiil and Imperial City are absolutely wonderful. Here is a small sample of the ones I've received over the past few days:
  1. Have you tried PVE?
  2. Impen is important. So is being good.
  3. Are you even really trying?

I can't wait to see them all. Share the ones you've found humorous. As a point of reference, these are generally the first text line item in your death recap; followed by the typically vague and useless help that are programmed into the game.

There is a simple reason why these are so fantastic - it's a stinkin' game! We're all here for the same reason - to have fun. There are lots of ways to have fun; none of them are wrong. If you aren't having fun then undoubtedly you'll go spend your time in other places.

Thank you to whichever person at ZOS had the courage to get these added into the death recaps. Please keep the little things like this coming into the game. It matters. Just keepin' it real, folks.

BTW, if I'm the only one getting these comments from ZOS and I really am that bad... then just forget I said anything. Oh look, is that a squirrel?

Ray
Ray
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe I have seen any of those. You sure it's not a small addition to one of your addons, that is if you or on PC and use them.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's very possible. And if so then I've given credit to the wrong group. I use KillCounter, CyrHUD, Miat's PvP Alerts, Ghostbane's AP Meter, DarkUI, and Votan's MiniMap.

I'll review each of these... and if you are right I'll just feel even more stupid.

I'll still laugh though.

Ray
    Ray
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to bet it's from one of your mods, as I can't imagine ZOS adding something provocative as this.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like one really funny example in the addons: GrimCounter (I hope it's obvious, what does it do) - in the one of visual options has "Play Magsorc!" banner at 5th Grim Focus stack :D
    Prob they need to add this to the Death recap messages too

Honestly, pretty sure, this is one of your addons, sadly
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill Counter gives messages like that, I have used KC and can confirm.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's AP Meter :)
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like ghostbanes sense of humor.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably KC.
    My favorite is where it states that I should go read a book :smiley:
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    man-bubble-pipe.gif
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My disappointment in learning ZOS did not do this is tempered by the knowledge one of our own knows how to chill.
    Ray
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. also on the bright side, you've made Ghostbae's day. He's been hoping for a forum post of recognition!
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)