Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does minion still work?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
It wont launch for me. I've redownloaded it several times and can't figure out how to get this thing to work. I've already completely disabled my firewall.
vFG1 HM
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it works fine.
    eisley the worst
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it works fine.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    works fine for me...early on i had some issues with it sometimes not launching, but i haven't had that problem for quite a while...

• dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used it perfectly fine yesterday. What sort of problems are you having with it?
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    happens sometimes on win10, it starts but doesnt show the window. close it and restart. 2nd or third attempt should work
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    I used it perfectly fine yesterday. What sort of problems are you having with it?

I actually got it to work. I ended up downloading the 32 bit version and its working now.
    vFG1 HM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Common solutions are
    -Use the 32bit version even on 64bit system
    -Start it as administrator
    -Delete the minion.xml file before start (will need you do recheck the addons dir and update/redownload the addons sometimes)
    -Check the minion.log file what is happening. Is there a ping to the minion servers and it is not getting an answer? Check your firewall/antivirus then and whitelist/allow/do not block Minion.exe in there anymore
    Backup your savedvariables!!!
    If the log says something about an addon name where it repeats the checks each time, the addon's name might be defect. Delete it and all others should work again. Afterwards reinstall the addon deleted again.
    -If your windows username contains non-latin characters like cyrillic one Minion is not supporting this. You need to install Minion in anoher directory then standard or rename your windows username to only latin characters.
    -If Minion is working but your installed addons won't show up ingame check if OneDrive is enabled and if the user directory is on OneDrive. Minion is not supporting this, you need to remove eso folder (for the addons) from OneDrive then to e.g. c:\users\your win username\elder scrolls online\live\
    -If Minion is not finding your eso directory try to search manually for UserSettings.txt (you need to have run and closed ESO at least once properly before this file will be created!) and see where this folder is. Point Minion to this directory then.
  • Voluptificus
    Voluptificus
    ✭✭
    When Minion is started but nothing appears, put the mouse on it, a little blank screen appears upon, right click in it and click on magnify : it works for me :)
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana.....
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA