Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Someone declined the invite x 1.000.000

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
Just me or anyone Else experiencing this atm?
  • Lloydmp
    Lloydmp
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh just made a thread right now! Non stop for last 30 min or so
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lloydmp wrote: »
    Yeh just made a thread right now! Non stop for last 30 min or so

I havent seen this happen since morrowind came out. Is it from last patch?
  • Lloydmp
    Lloydmp
    ✭✭✭
    Happening more and more last couple of days. Normally I used to cancel sign up and start again and it would work
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, i tried restarte the game and it worked.. Try that
  • Lloydmp
    Lloydmp
    ✭✭✭
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That addon is a big source of the “someone declined the queue” bug.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how can it be? it was released just month ago.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how can it be? it was released just month ago.

Queue auto-accept addons have been around since day 2 of BGs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and? i cant understand how addon can be a source of problem. is there any difference if i would accept it manually?
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's happening constantly today. Can't help but wonder when ESO is going to fix this bug.
    Edited by AWinterWolf on August 18, 2018 8:19PM
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and? i cant understand how addon can be a source of problem. is there any difference if i would accept it manually?

Technically, yes, since using an add-on means adding some extra code to your game that can trigger an action. A player clicking the button themselves is executing code X (to keep things simple). A player using an add-on to click the button is executing code Y, which in turn triggers the execution of code X.

Ideally, it would work exactly the same. Or rather; the end-result would be the same for you as a player. But there's always the possibility of the add-on not working entirely as it should (even without blatant GUI errors). With software in general, more code = more opportunities for things to go wrong.

So it's entirely possible that the add-on is the source of the problem.

EDIT: I had this problem with trying a random dungeon this evening and I'm not using the add-on, so that can't be it. A guildie explained that it has something to do with being grouped up with someone who's not eligible for the dungeon the system is trying to place you in. Not sure if that's the case, but it does sounds logical.
    Edited by Saturnana on August 18, 2018 10:37PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Cant join bg for 30 mins already..never happened before. Declines coming non stop
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the ninth time I’ve explained this.

When the group finder lags, the queue prompt stays on your screen for a second or two after you accept it.

If you accept the same prompt a second time before your first acceptance is transmitted back to the server (due to lag) then you are declining a queue.

That is because the second acceptance will turn your first acceptance into a decline since you can only be in one queue at a time.

The earlier versions of that addon used to spam accept and are responsible for BGs being unplayable during the first week of their release.

• Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

When the group finder lags, the queue prompt stays on your screen for a second or two after you accept it.

If you accept the same prompt a second time before your first acceptance is transmitted back to the server (due to lag) then you are declining a queue.

That is because the second acceptance will turn your first acceptance into a decline since you can only be in one queue at a time.

The earlier versions of that addon used to spam accept and are responsible for BGs being unplayable during the first week of their release.

is there a large report of people getting "someone declined to invite.." on NA servers? because that is what has been happening on our third world eu servers..
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The behaviour changed a lot just within this week, though. It's not logical to assume half the BG playerbase adopted addon xyz just a few days ago. The issue seems to be EU exclusive from what I can tell from checking the threads popping up, perhaps considering a bug/overload (more load due to new unique skins, cyro ap changes making bgs more attractive, etc.) might be the more reasonable reaction?
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 18, 2018 9:08PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what? if i have a habit to double click then i am a cause of this bug?
    Edited by oxygen_thief on August 18, 2018 9:32PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The behaviour changed a lot just within this week, though. It's not logical to assume half the BG playerbase adopted addon xyz just a few days ago. The issue seems to be EU exclusive from what I can tell from checking the threads popping up, perhaps considering a bug/overload (more load due to new unique skins, cyro ap changes making bgs more attractive, etc.) might be the more reasonable reaction?

The longer the lag of the group finder, the larger the window for someone to accept the queue twice.

See how long the queue prompt lingers on your screen after you accept it. That’s directly related to how easy it is for someone to accept the queue twice and mess it up.

Lately on PC NA we’ve been flooded by PvE players farming motifs. If one of those groups has some dude running an auto-accept script, they’re probably accepting the queue pop “automatically” way too many times and causing both lag and declines.

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

Technically, yes, since using an add-on means adding some extra code to your game that can trigger an action. A player clicking the button themselves is executing code X (to keep things simple). A player using an add-on to click the button is executing code Y, which in turn triggers the execution of code X.

Ideally, it would work exactly the same. Or rather; the end-result would be the same for you as a player. But there's always the possibility of the add-on not working entirely as it should (even without blatant GUI errors). With software in general, more code = more opportunities for things to go wrong.

So it's entirely possible that the add-on is the source of the problem.

EDIT: I had this problem with trying a random dungeon this evening and I'm not using the add-on, so that can't be it. A guildie explained that it has something to do with being grouped up with someone who's not eligible for the dungeon the system is trying to place you in. Not sure if that's the case, but it does sounds logical.

quoted instead of edited, oopsie xD
    Edited by Saturnana on August 18, 2018 10:38PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate the explanation, I just also find this problem to be highly irritating.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That the prompt is popping up a second time is definitively something which should not happen at all, but it was also present pre U19. As far as I remember, I accepted that 2nd time quite often and I got in a group, so I assume if what you said is true, one messes up a different queue than his first. Probably the DF has some escalating lag problem currently in PC/EU which is not caught by the code.
    Edited by Adernath on August 19, 2018 9:31AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not think it is true but who knows maybe it really is but only one official from zos could check that.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_RichLambert

The Queues at PC EU in the evening seem to be really bad.
    Edited by Zer0oo on August 19, 2018 11:57AM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a 5 minute penalty for declining a queue.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a 5 minute penalty for declining a queue.

This ^

I always imagined people declining are busy doing something (crafting, changing mundus, changing gear, banking, whatever ) so they should be placed at the back of the cue after a 5 minute snooze, so they can finish what they were doing.