The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, criticise my magsorc build?

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
Okey, pro-PvPpers, please help me building my magsorc after this path.

To make things short, I want to go away form rune cage + meteor playstyle, which was the only option in DB without master resto. And I don't have master inferno staff (only ice, lol, is it useful?). Also, it's not very fun to reach and frag yourself with the amount of wing-DKs running around, so let's try to avoid reach spam.

Keep in mind, I mostly play no-CP. That's why I decided to create a heavily proc-based build (why stamblade can and we can't?).

The build itself:

sets: shacklbreaker (to boost my stam to 12-13k in noCP, other comments not needed, great set overall), sloads (some extra stam, nice dot and pressure, at least unreflectable), scoria (procs from sloads, entropy, boundless storm, reach and dawnbreaker/meteor on this build, undodgeble, which is great), willpower restoration staff back bar to boost my shields.

skills: frags, flame reach, entropy, endless fury, curse, dawnbreaker
back bar: streak (extra CC, with the amount of mag sorcs switching to stamblades BoL morph is becoming pretty useless), hardened, harness, healing wards, boundless storm (mobility and extra dot), ultimate is resto (if I need group utility) or overload(for extra bar).

sustain: 2 regen glyphs, 1 dmg glyph for no-CP, witchmother drink.

Some notes on the build:

1) Reach is not supposed to be spammed here, without master destro it costs a lot, and should be only used for the dot and to safely land frags.

2) Entropy is used to land frags and to boost LA, also some dot. Moreover, it allows better selection of pots available (immov and 3-stat).

3) Sustain is average, but manageable, since no master destro and no dedicated sustain sets. Compensated with witchmother + recovery glyphs.

4) Build is supposed to pressure opponents with curse, sloads and scoria, with frags + fury + ultimate burst on execute.

5) The build is supposed to be played in melee range, to prevent people dodging sloads, and to better utilise dawnbreaker and boundless dot.

5) Skills tooltips are 1-1.5k less cambered to more traditional build like (Lich + shackle or amber + shackle). It is supposed to be covered with sloads and scoria procs though.

Please, those who finished reading this - give constructive feedback on this set up, I'm willing to improve it with help of our community.

And thank you!
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 SlOAdS eWwwW NooB L2p

I'd swap curse & hardened around tbh, nice to have a shield on front bar.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Inb4 SlOAdS eWwwW NooB L2p

I'd swap curse & hardened around tbh, nice to have a shield on front bar.

Or with entropy, yes, procing frag from shield on the front bar. But personally I like having a defensive bar and offensive bar, that's why I play like that, and shield staking is more efficient with all 3 on a single bar.

But one more argument for curse on back bar - you can proc back bar spell dmg enchant before every burst, which is nice.

So idk which approach is more efficint, just up to personal preference, I guess.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I run without Harness, and this gives you another valuable spot you can use for mines or dark deal. I also run tri-food because 16k stam is quite nice with the amount of CC and snares going on. The build you have is certainly playable, although it’s more of a in-your-face playstyle and not really the ranged archetype.

Wouldn’t be my cup of coffee but can work very well if you like to be in melee range. I’d replace Sload’s with Overwhelming Surge though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have three shields on your backbar.

If I give you the amount of criticism you clearly deserve, I will surely be banned from the boards.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

If I give you the amount of criticism you clearly deserve, I will surely be banned from the boards.

please, go for it

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

please, go for it

I'm going to sum it up in a nice way.

You want one bar to have one shield on it so you can barswap cancel shields.

My opinion at least as to why you dont want them all on one bar, it's how I run it but I only use two shields hardened and harness.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Personally, I run without Harness, and this gives you another valuable spot you can use for mines or dark deal. I also run tri-food because 16k stam is quite nice with the amount of CC and snares going on. The build you have is certainly playable, although it’s more of a in-your-face playstyle and not really the ranged archetype.

Wouldn’t be my cup of coffee but can work very well if you like to be in melee range. I’d replace Sload’s with Overwhelming Surge though.

Thanks for the Overwhelming Surge idea, will try since I have it somewhere in the bank.

I used to run without harness too (on other setups and in noCp only), but those setups used to have large mag pool, resulting into more viable hardened ward. Maybe I can replace harness with dark deal for better sustain and LOS heals, but needs testing. Will clearly think about it.
  • Akrimus
    Akrimus
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine my build without Power Surge.
    PC EU DC Akrimus (Sorcerer) Daggerfall Bandits
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your sets wack.
    Your skills wack.
    Your back bar wack
    Your sustain wack
    My build tight asf.

Builds looks alrignt i personally don't like sloads with the change to its damage.if you mainly playing no cp proc sre incredible strong so you will be fine.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

please, go for it

My opinion at least as to why you dont want them all on one bar, it's how I run it but I only use two shields hardened and harness.

Got it. If you can comfortably execute bar swap -> healing ward -> bar swap -> hardened -> bar swap -> harness -> bar swap -> go offensive, you are a better player, or have better ping, or both. Personally I usually end up double swapping and jumping to the wrong bar, that's why I tend to have all 3 shields on back bar.

Also, can't you cancel shield animation with dodge roll? Pretty sure you can, and that's a good way to do that with 3 shields on a back bar.

Also, I'm not a streamer, don't position myself as one, and also don't position my build and playstyle as a new meta, so I don't understand this disaffection to my playstyle.
    Edited by Neloth on August 17, 2018 9:24AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You dont need proc sets in no-CP on a magsorc. I prefer to run 2x Shadowrend, 5x Necro, 5x Lich (back bar) and 2x Willpower fire staff (front bar) with tri-stat food.

Massive shields, good sustain, good burst and enough stam to break free and dodge roll consistently.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

please, go for it

Got it. If you can comfortably execute bar swap -> healing ward -> bar swap -> hardened -> bar swap -> harness -> bar swap -> go offensive, you are a better player, or have better ping, or both. Personally I usually end up double swapping and jumping to the wrong bar, that's why I tend to have all 3 shields on back bar.

Also, can't you cancel shield animation with dodge roll? Pretty sure you can, and that's a good way to do that with 3 shields on a back bar.

Also, I'm not a streamer, don't position myself as one, and also don't position my build and playstyle as a new meta, so I don't understand this disaffection to my playstyle.

First off, I wasnt demeaning your playstyle. I was replying to the comment of being banned for someones opinion.

Secondly, I simply stated that FOR ME I find having two shields on opposite bars far more effective FOR ME versus all of them on the same bar. Just a personal preference like I stated.

So, please, dont assume i have some form of disaffection for your play style. The only thing i dislike is sloads. Other than that, to each their own.

So to recap, see points one and two. Good luck out there!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running Bahraha's Curse, Sload's and "double dot" poisons to help proc Skoria. It works well.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could always try Caluurion, Sloads and Skoria. With the Willpower resto on the back bar.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iam not a pro but its my build for bgs maybe it will help you somehow :smile:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=81158
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few of my thoughts:

You say melee range, have you considered running swift on a few traits to relieve the pressure on streak to maintain your desired range?

You need to invest a bit more to get skoria rolling, as is you have boundless (meh it can proc skoria but isn't gonna hit a lot) reach and sload. Have you considered double damage poisons to up the proc?

With streak and mobility you should consider dropping 1 shield for conversion/deal (which ever you prefer) for more sustain and a spot heal - with your set up you should be able to kite for days

I think it's a fine build for BGs, just something to consider
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    run hardened front bar, and put backbar overload ult and on the overload bar put a resto ult. Sloads and Skoria meh idk mag sorc performs good enough with raw damage but I guess in NonCp not too shabby.

Personally id run:
    • 5 Shacklebreaker (heavy chest)
    • 1x Domihaus either on Helmet or Shoulder slot (obviously)
    • Willpower Inferno front Nirn (if cost poisons) / Infused if Shock or Fire Glyph + Willpower Ring
    • 1x Lich on Body (any part besides chest), 1x Lich Ring, Lich Neck, Lich Resto Backbar with Berserk Glyph Infused
    • 4x Well Fitted for better Stam sustain while dodge rolling, 3 Infused or Impen (Infused on Big Pieces [Head, Chest, Legs] ofc)
    • Tri-Stat Glyphs on Big Pieces (extra health and stam is always welcome)
    • 2 Spell Damage / Recovery Glyph in NonCP with Clockwork Citrus Filet (if youre not Vamp) otherwise just the cheaper option witchmother
    • 5/1/1 or 6/0/1 armor weights (light/medium/heavy) ( 1 extra light instead of medium for that 2% extra cost reduction if really needed)
    Edited by ATomiX96 on August 17, 2018 5:25PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a few of my thoughts:

You say melee range, have you considered running swift on a few traits to relieve the pressure on streak to maintain your desired range?

You need to invest a bit more to get skoria rolling, as is you have boundless (meh it can proc skoria but isn't gonna hit a lot) reach and sload. Have you considered double damage poisons to up the proc?

With streak and mobility you should consider dropping 1 shield for conversion/deal (which ever you prefer) for more sustain and a spot heal - with your set up you should be able to kite for days

I think it's a fine build for BGs, just something to consider

That’s some interesting ideas, ty.

I’m not sure about the swift, since we don’t have snare removal to utilize running speed efficiently, but will try playing without 1shield and poisons.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP I would probably go with sload + necro + valkyn. Might be better builds out there but I dont do no cp much.

This patch sorc lost a lot of damage due to rune cage nerf and shields are somewhat of a joke due to damage creep and kudos to ZOS that streak is much slower than sprint + FM
    So in CP I just dump everything into max mag > 58k . Killing something is better than kiting and dying eventually.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build. Like others mentioned I'd swap either Hardened or Harness front bar and stick Entropy or Curse backbar. Entropy backbar wouldn't waste the 2% mag either, it would contribute to your backbar shield strengths.