The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A slight nerf I didn't see in the patch notes :(

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Did you know Zos made the containers around the bounty boards in Cyrodiil unable to be looted now? I had a favorite backpack in the EP base that I used to get blueprints from, even purple ones sometimes :( And now you can't interact with them. Seriously, why?

I know a lot of stuff in this game is broken. I know this may seem petty to some. As a lootaholic, this just bummed me out is all. Who asked for these to be removed? Who wanted containers nerfed?

048db2f2-5c27-4527-878d-78875fb1a179.gif?impolicy=desktop
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. That backpack seemed to have a higher then average loot table. And now it's gone.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Crown store
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    a container is not a nerf...
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile

Invisible Players/walls
    Enchants lagging out when depleted
    Sprint Bug
    Resource Drain
    Double Cc
    And Health de syncing are here to stay
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wha... that is sad news. :o I hope it is a bug and will be fixed.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man I loved that Backpack :'(
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    a container is not a nerf...

Actually Zos has nerfed container drops before.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it wasn't my lucky backpack or anything, but it was a reliable part of my PVP routine.

Turn in quests, pick up bounties, loot backpack...

I still keep running over to check just on sheer force of habit.
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    :'( dang....
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found my only Imperial book in Cyro, I mourn every container they remove,

Just in case: Zeni, I will never buy crown blueprints or furniture, not even to circumvent the suspension of my account. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Used these during the mayhem and yes I had few motifs from them so they would have been useful if I was regular PVP
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooo! Not the backpack, it's a tradition!

Over the line ZOS!

(Is this a bug @ZOS_GinaBruno?)
    PC-NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northern Morrowind Gate quest board backpack
    April 2014-August 2018
    You'll always be in our hearts
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...did they fix the accidental Stealing around Vendors n such? And this just a by product of that? If not than just another example of them Fixing the wrong thing
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...did they fix the accidental Stealing around Vendors n such? And this just a by product of that? If not than just another example of them Fixing the wrong thing

Maybe it was an inadvertent code change stemming from the nerfing of Traitor's Vault containers?
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else they “fixed”: the enchanting table in Mournhold was rotated 45°.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    this wasnt that big PvP fix you have waited 4 years for?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange thing is the one at the AD base is still lootable.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug? I'm pretty sure I looted the AD ones last night....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange thing is the one at the AD base is still lootable.

Finally, a perk of being yellow
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It includes these other 2 smaller containers too...

xoKuqb6.jpg?1
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know. The intention was to make these items unowned so they wouldn't be consider stolen, not prevent you from looting all together. This will be addressed in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know. The intention was to make these items unowned so they wouldn't be consider stolen, not prevent you from looting all together. This will be addressed in a future patch.

Oh weird. I didn't know there was anything in Cyrodiil that could be considered owned.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for addressing this Gina! I appreciate it :)

23e.gif
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know Zos made the containers around the bounty boards in Cyrodiil unable to be looted now? I had a favorite backpack in the EP base that I used to get blueprints from, even purple ones sometimes :( And now you can't interact with them. Seriously, why?

I know a lot of stuff in this game is broken. I know this may seem petty to some. As a lootaholic, this just bummed me out is all. Who asked for these to be removed? Who wanted containers nerfed?

Yep, /bug it on patch day, as its a cosmetic change it stands a chance of getting fixed in less than a couple of months lol
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, /bug it on patch day, as its a cosmetic change it stands a chance of getting fixed in less than a couple of months lol

Your name is the response I get when I file a bug report
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭

odd, I've never seen anything in these containers be owned and be considered stolen, mixed up containers?
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina! I also don't remember these ever being owned fwiw.
    PC-NA
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It includes these other 2 smaller containers too...

xoKuqb6.jpg?1

So this is what the EP base looks like
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm new, and I'm not a developer. So clue me in here --- at my job as a systems/network engineer, when we have a ticket with a problem we must resolve, we implement the resolution and then test the results before we close the ticket.

Am I correct in understanding that a variable was changed on some loot containers to change them to unowned, and then the results were not tested? Only for this change to go live and then the intent found to have not been achieved?

How is this missed on such a benign change that is so easy to test? We aren't talking about an earth shattering change. A variable change on some items and fire up the internal test server to confirm? One wonders how change control tickets get marked as completed/resolved without testing.

Calls into question the disciplinary action that takes place when such low hanging fruit is screwed up. When there is no consequence, what difference does it make when one doesn't test but claims they did when it gives them 15 extra minutes to browse facebook on their phone while lying on the time sheet that they tested it...