Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are Masterful Writs buggy?

Tonestar34
I can not hand in a Masterful Leather Writ and I do not know why?

I had to craft a RUBEDO LEATHER JACK with the following traits:

Quality: Epic
Trait: Invigorating
Set: Spectre's Eye
Style: Dark Elf

Now I have created this.
But weirdly my progress says 0???

Have I missed something because I made sure my item has all the traits.

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind ... you made it legendary instead of epic.
    Answer ✓
  • Tonestar34
    Oh and I have to travel to Wayrest. Is there more than one vendor to go to in Wayrest and I am simply at the wrong one. This is my first writ for leather.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What level did you craft it?

It's supposed to be 150, if you made it 160 it will not take it.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Tonestar34
    No it's definitely level 150... I didn't want to waste materials if I didn't have to.
    But thanks for pointing that out because I was starting to think I should make a 160 Spectre's Jack in case that was the reason my progress says 0.
    Edited by Tonestar34 on August 17, 2018 2:11AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonestar34 wrote: »
    I can not hand in a Masterful Leather Writ and I do not know why?

I had to craft a RUBEDO LEATHER JACK with the following traits:

Quality: Epic
    Trait: Invigorating
    Set: Spectre's Eye
    Style: Dark Elf

Now I have created this.
    But weirdly my progress says 0???

Have I missed something because I made sure my item has all the traits.

A screenshot of the writ along with what you made will help, @Tonestar34.

The most common mistake players make is going to the set piece crafting table ... but then forgetting to actually choose the 5-piece option and crafting a generic piece of gear. Then, making said generic piece epic or legendary.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 17, 2018 2:36AM
  • Tonestar34
    Argh... Just worked out my mistake... I made an item that is Yellow... Needs to be flipping purple... I was so careful but the one thing I not check was the darn color... What a waste. Wonder how many others make that mistake???
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh... Just worked out my mistake... I made an item that is Yellow... Needs to be flipping purple... I was so careful but the one thing I not check was the darn color... What a waste. Wonder how many others make that mistake???

Buggy? No.

Epic = Purple
    Legendary = Gold

It was said quite plainly in the Item Quality... sounds like you need to watch more closely is all.

Better luck next time :)
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An unfortunate mistake to make, that's for sure, but it didn't make you wonder a bit when the writ reward was listed as about 7 vouchers and the gold mats alone would have a market cost of over 30,000 gold? If I saw a writ for 7 vouchers and I somehow thought it was requiring gold quality, I'd probably just trash the writ rather than do it.
  • Tonestar34
    Gold mats have never cost me anything. I farm all the materials, so I never did stop to wonder. People told me master writs are very expensive. I interpreted this to mean that master writs are always made from the best gear, so it made sense to me that this was always going to require me to make a leather jack that would be yellow, not purple. I did not even question it.

But lesson learnt... Assumption has made me look silly and reading everything correctly is definitely a good idea.
    Edited by Tonestar34 on August 17, 2018 4:54AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beware of the improvement, Epic is purple. You have to pay attention to what is asked. My last mistake on master writs was made because I misread, I couldn't craft the piece yet - set demanded required 9 traits learned on that specific piece of gear.
    Edited by redlink1979 on August 17, 2018 9:15AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold mats have never cost me anything

Me either, mate. All my gold mats come from refining raw mats.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    a few things that will help, provided you're on pc. First is Dolgubon's lazy writ crafter (which handles all 'open' writs except provisioning and alchemy). If you add to that Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter and the Master Writ Queue for it (2 separate add ons), you can right click on a closed writ, and it will program the set crafter to do the same thing that the writ crafter does, but for that unopened writ. Those certainly help, as they keep me from making quite as many mistakes.

Also, you can turn in master writs at any of these three places: Wayrest (Stormhaven), Mournhold (Deshaan), and Elden Root (Grahtwood). The writ guys for these is right next to the normal writ turn in places in these towns.

@Alassirana

SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, and Demure Dragon Dealings