The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deserter penalty of 20min is too long

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I do get why it is there in the first place, but 20minutes is way too long. Games like Fortnite doesn't have any penalty - you can hop in and out any time you want. They have like trillion of players, but here in BGs, sometimes the playing environment isn't healthy.

Sometimes your own group doesn't have a clue, sometimes the other group is pre-formed of DKs and healers. Sometimes people play deathmatch in other games. It's no fun to play there. "Deserting" from that is legit. Why should I waste my time in that?

If I opt to not play the match... then I waste a slot for someone else AND I get inactivity penalty. Sure the game doesn't know how many toxic players is there or if it is toxic at all, but having 20mins is waaay too much for that.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played in a duo. Got placed against a 3-man premade. The 3 premade ragequit because they lost badly.
    The 20 minute deserter penalty is well-deserved. You shouldn't suddenly leave a BG, especially since the 4v4v4 is so important in most cases. Losing one player is rly destructive for the team.

(Edit: The BG also closed shortly after, because there weren't enough players in the BG. Does that seem fair to you? That the BG closes for everyone else, just because some people cant handle losing?)

The only time I could agree to not get a deserter penalty - is if you'd get disconnected to login-screen or something. But except that - any force close of the game or ragequit *should* have severe penalty.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on August 16, 2018 11:31AM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • scratch45
    scratch45
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with Lieblingsjunge.

You desert, you get your penalty.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's comparable to the cooldown on a RDF. The only time it's unwarranted is when you get kicked due to some game related circumstance, loading screen, boot to login, etc.

If your team is losing that badly, it's not like the match will take 20 minutes to complete, and you'll still be gifted with 7k AP and some gear.

If you opt to leave, it should be at least that long, if not cumulative.

The people in your group, clueless as they may be, didn't queue up so you could bail on them.

Maybe take that opportunity to teach? What are you going to do, lose?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you forget to grab your weapons and potions from the bank before the game starts.

The struggle is real.
    Options
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad
    The penalty is fine, it's only unfair when the lobby glitches and you are forced to quit the match before it has begun. There should be an automatic end to the match if it doesn't start within five or so minutes. Not sure if the patch fixed that, but I had a lot of glitched lobbies recently.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough, I do get what are you trying to say. It's just that sometimes is a pain to play and just wait it to the end.
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is to long especially since the queue is bugging out often and causes you to have to leave.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One player doesn't like that BG so they get to mess it up for 11 people without penalty? I don't think that would be good.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(Edit: The BG also closed shortly after, because there weren't enough players in the BG. Does that seem fair to you? That the BG closes for everyone else, just because some people cant handle losing?)

Normally no. But on one occasion - yes. When one pre-made group is clearly abusing two other PUGs, letting the game die feels legit.
    Options