The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alinor Town House bugged?

playfull_kitten
playfull_kitten
✭✭✭
Hello,

It seems I can't place alinor benches or chairs sittable. Is this correct and are these items not interactible or is it the house itself? I did try different chairs and different rooms/spaces/floors in the house. Not matter what i do, i can't make them sittable. Anyone else have this problem or knows about it?

Thanks,
PK
This one likes to play.....
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly question -- but are you right-clicking (or the Console equivalent) the chair to make sure its placement is flat upon the floor and/or have you tried using Surface mode?
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I am not sure if you are new to housing or not: If not...interactable chairs etc. need to be placed on a flat underground. If the underground is good, then at one point the furniture will turn green when placing it. If you place it down while green, you can interact with it. If you place it down while yellow, you can not interact with it.

Also: If you place something else on that furniture (book, ...) then it will be non-interactable again.

PS: Oh I think we are in the same guild; maybe I can show you later this evening?
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Silly question -- but are you right-clicking (or the Console equivalent) the chair to make sure its placement is flat upon the floor and/or have you tried using Surface mode?

Thank you for your reply. Good question, but I did tried both and the surface is flat (it's just the floor, nothing else) I am very sure about that. I am on pc/eu server by the way.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    Hello,

I am not sure if you are new to housing or not: If not...interactable chairs etc. need to be placed on a flat underground. If the underground is good, then at one point the furniture will turn green when placing it. If you place it down while green, you can interact with it. If you place it down while yellow, you can not interact with it.

Also: If you place something else on that furniture (book, ...) then it will be non-interactable again.

PS: Oh I think we are in the same guild; maybe I can show you later this evening?

Also a thank you for you for replying. I am not new to housing no. And I do know that the furniture needs to turn green. But that's exacly my problem. I can't seem to get the darn thing to turn to green, only to yellow. And yes I do know that it's non-interactable then. I just don't get it....why would it refuse to turn green?