The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelcrafting material in metal nodes

Kelces
Kelces
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says: I found rubedite ore aswell as 1 platinum dust in a node of rubedite to be precise.
I got this with my master jewelcrafter, maybe that has anything to do with it.

Is this intended and has anone else seen this happen?
Edited by Kelces on August 15, 2018 2:15AM
You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
Jurupari - Argonian Warden
Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
PC - EU
For the Pact!

Best Answer

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They added that in yesterday's patch. You don't need to be a master jewelry crafter to get the dust in metal nodes.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see, nice.

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    believe it or not...

today i watched someone mine an ore node. they picked something up and left. the node was still there. i went to it and it had metal ore and regulus still in it.

my guess is they just picked the single bit of jewellery dust out and left the rest.

wtf?
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is in the patchnotes :)
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is supposed to happen.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    believe it or not...

today i watched someone mine an ore node. they picked something up and left. the node was still there. i went to it and it had metal ore and regulus still in it.

my guess is they just picked the single bit of jewellery dust out and left the rest.

wtf?

There are at least 2 other threads where people predicted this would happen. Maybe it was the patch notes threads themselves? Regardless, it was a huge concern during testing, and ZOS ignored the possibility.

The other JC changes are nice, but this one won't change the scarcity of the nodes themselves. Personally, I don't farm much myself these days (I just do surveys and buy whatever raw mats I need otherwise because it's way more efficient and my time is limited) so it doesn't affect me much, but it does suck for anyone who farms a lot / enjoys farming.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    believe it or not...

wtf?

There are at least 2 other threads where people predicted this would happen. Maybe it was the patch notes threads themselves? Regardless, it was a huge concern during testing, and ZOS ignored the possibility.

The other JC changes are nice, but this one won't change the scarcity of the nodes themselves. Personally, I don't farm much myself these days (I just do surveys and buy whatever raw mats I need otherwise because it's way more efficient and my time is limited) so it doesn't affect me much, but it does suck for anyone who farms a lot / enjoys farming.

I think some people were concerned that the chance for 1 dust wouldn't be enough for people to interact with ore nodes. It would seem that it is. Which is a good thing. At least now, the ore node has a chance to despawn and then spawn a new node, which may be a jewelry seam. That was the problem they wanted to address - people passing by ore nodes and just picking the jewelry seams, which meant that only the accessed seams would respawn, while leaving the untouched ore nodes. This way, ore nodes will respawn, either because someone stopped for the dust and took everything or just the dust. Either way, once the node has been opened, it'll despawn.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    believe it or not...

wtf?

If they don't want the rest I'll take it. >_> I can always use the metal for Writs if nothing else.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    believe it or not...

wtf?

They could be someone without ESO+ and accompanying crafting bag. Their harvest animation would fire, inventory could be full, they would then leave the node to go clear out inventory space.

I will admit this is a far reach, but not completely out of the realm of possibility. I remember it happening to me with regularity before I had ESO+, and still happens on occasion at treasure chests.

Just sayin'.....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    believe it or not...

wtf?

I was about to mention this, "this might get interesting..." I thought. Well, here we go again, from flowers over butterflies to metal nodes. Some people never change and litter around.

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    believe it or not...

wtf?

This is why we need bundled contents so that if someone loots a node they take it all. The way it is now just encourages people to be garbage.