The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writs not dropping?

grkkll
grkkll
✭✭✭
For the last few weeks and definitly since Mayhem started I have had 0 master writs, apart from Jewellry (which I regard as a waste of resources). I have 2 regular crafters crafting all craft types. Is it just me??
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope

Have not got a MW in a while. For a while, I was getting 3 to 5 a week on one crafter.

As with all things RNG, it ebbs and flows.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Nope

Have not got a MW in a while. For a while, I was getting 3 to 5 a week on one crafter.

As with all things RNG, it ebbs and flows.

Yeh, but at the moment a little too much ebb it seems ;o)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting writs pretty regularly on my crafter, usually several over a 3-5 day period, since I dont empty the rewards every day.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting writs pretty regularly on my crafter, usually several over a 3-5 day period, since I dont empty the rewards every day.

Same.

Staying current with motif knowledge seems to help.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    There has been no appreciable change in the writ drops that I have seen tracking my 10 crafting characters. The past 8 weeks has seen no more than a 20% variance week to week, and looking into the past few months that appears to be a decent average of variance - I had two horrible weeks in the 12 I just checked, but I also had three really great ones so...

As far as knowing motifs go here is some hard data to consider. (I have been tracking this for months).

My main "Breggan" knows 58 motifs and averages about 125 vouchers per week. I spent over 2m on motifs for this one.
    My secondary crafters know ONLY base and rare races, plus 5 others and average about 68 vouchers per week. I spend around 700k for motifs on each of these.
    My third tier crafters know ONLY base races and average about 54 vouchers per week and I have spent nothing on them.
    My last group of three only have SP spent on the Mage-based crafting skills, and are farming surveys for the other three - and they still average about 26 per week. This group knows only the base races as well.

Obviously Breggan does all the master writs, and in the past 4 months I have only had to stash 5 writs that I did not have the style for yet.

All characters have all the crafting achievements except JC, which only Breggan has at this time since JC vouchers are worthless (value vs cost to create) so all toons except Breggan are only doing JC writs for the surveys it garners.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on August 12, 2018 1:11PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting writs at my usual pace, but had a long drought after Dragon Bones in terms of the VALUE of the gear writs I was getting. I hadn't seen one over 19 until shortly after Summerset, at which I got one around 40. I did get a couple of the upgraded Provisioning legendary writs and Enchanting writs with hakeijo (40 each). Other than that, all gear writs were 5-7 and then the usual 2-5 alchemy writs, enchanting usually 2-5 (some at 7), and the 2 voucher provisioning writs. A couple weeks ago, I had a good week, where I got a couple around 40-50 and 2 on the same day valued at 81. But recently, back down to my usual low-value writs.

So, I've been getting them regularly, as per usual, but the value of them has been pretty awful on average since Dragon Bones update.

ETA: I have all motifs through DB, and am only missing Pyandonean, Psijic, SC, and FL motifs. I have all achieves, research, etc. on main, with all research on alts doing top tier, plus a few extra motifs beyond the basics. I have all blue/purple recipes on main and the only golds I don't know are the mythic aetherial ambrosia. Alts know a fair number of recipes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 15, 2018 6:52PM