Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo Dungeons

LickingHistSap
LickingHistSap
✭✭✭
Can we please have an option for solo versions of dungeons and trials?

Wanting to go through and enjoy the story of the dungeon is ruined by the fact you'll get kicked out of the group for 'lagging behind' 90% of the time, or just have everyone leave the moment the last boss is killed and you get force-kicked out. This is ridiculous, why not just let us run through on our own for fewer rewards/experience, while keeping all daily exp rewards in group dungeon mode?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can solo most, if not all, of the group dungeons on normal difficulty.

I seriously doubt ZOS is going to bother revamping their 12-man trials down to single-player arena difficulty. There are players who have soloed parts of trials, like Vaoh, but its extremely challenging. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399130/is-it-possible-to-do-normal-trials-solo

I prefer to do dungeons with IRL friends if I want to enjoy the story, or failing that, team up with guildmates. If I can, I can even form a group in zone chat, letting them know I want to enjoy the quest. In a pinch, I'll let my random group members know that I need the quest.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 13, 2018 9:24PM
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have a solo story mode yes. I can solo lots of vet ones, but it takes ages and is tiring.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PC, If we enter a dungeon manually, you can stay in as long as you want after you have finished it. I dont think the Consoles work the same way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    On the PC, If we enter a dungeon manually, you can stay in as long as you want after you have finished it. I dont think the Consoles work the same way.

On console, you get the boot if using the finder and there aren't at least 2 people left in the group. I've had to enter through the actual front door after wayshrine travel a few times lately for in progress groups due to bugs. At the end I ported out on the timer after dropping group.

If you don't use the finder and enter through the door or port in, you miss the small damage bonus but pretty much own that instance. No timers then.

As said above, normal dungeons are solo mode. Not sure about Direfrost with the floor plates to stand on.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you heard of these things called delves :hushed:
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Form a group of like minded players and do the dungeons. It’s simple. A social guild is a great place for such things.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with going into dungeon finder by yourself is that some (if not the rest) of your team probably used the "Random Dungeon" mode for the XP bonus, and therefore wants to get through the dungeon as quickly as possible. If someone actually puts in group chat "need the quest" then I will never kick that person for lagging behind. But if you're still sitting at the beginning of the dungeon where you spawn in, and are afk, then yes you are going to get the boot.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't really help when what I want is to actually explore and listen to the story in places like Cloudrest or Hel Ra?

Also, Normal Dungeons aren't really solo mode when it takes 15+ minutes to kill Iambris solo.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't really help when what I want is to actually explore and listen to the story in places like Cloudrest or Hel Ra?

Also, Normal Dungeons aren't really solo mode when it takes 15+ minutes to kill Iambris solo.

I understand your desires here, but the honest truth is that ZOS is unlikely to redesign their 4-man and 12-man content for a solo player. Most dungeons and trials have mechanics that are specifically designed for multiple players, such as trial mechanics that require the group to split up or dungeon bosses that have attacks that target someone other than the tank or require the help of group members to beat. Redesigning for a solo player would require more design work than just dumbing down the boss/mob health to public dungeon levels. Again, most normal dungeons can already be completed by solo players and those that can't are due to mechanics, not difficulty. This is an MMO and group content is part of the genre. (If I recall correctly, the Illambris Brothers have about 3 million health on normal difficulty, so a 15 minute fight seems like low DPS, even for a solo player. I've soloed several normal dungeons, though not that one, and while I do take a DPS hit due to CCs and mechanics, it wasn't ever 15+ minute boss fight bad. Mind you, I enjoyed soloing dungeons for the challenge of it when I was already well familiar with the mechanics, not as an alternative to avoiding grouping so I could take my time. So YMMV.)

In terms of practicalities, your best bet is to create your own group of like-minded players, or at the very least, players who don't mind you exploring and listening to the story during a trial run. However, if you can't actually join a trial run, you'll probably be better off seeing if there are some youtube videos that explore and listen to the story of those trials.
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have an option for solo versions of dungeons and trials?

Wanting to go through and enjoy the story of the dungeon is ruined by the fact you'll get kicked out of the group for 'lagging behind' 90% of the time, or just have everyone leave the moment the last boss is killed and you get force-kicked out. This is ridiculous, why not just let us run through on our own for fewer rewards/experience, while keeping all daily exp rewards in group dungeon mode?

You should find some ppl who would enjoy this as well like some of your guilds maybe and group up with them

The problem with random ppl is you dont know them

Maybe you get ppl in your group who are farming a set in this dungeon and doing it like 30 times+
    after 30 times in the same dungeon for 1 set its not funny or enjoying anymore.

So if you wanna make sure that you can enjoy the dungeons then like i said find some ppl who wants the same.....or just solo it^^
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you heard of this thing called reading?
    The OP specifically talks about dungeons, not delves
    A delve doesnt help you if you want to experience the story of Moonhunter Keep instead of getting rushed through it.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 19, 2018 3:41PM
    Beta tester November 2013