The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Writs Problem

Rokal
Rokal
✭✭
Hail and well met, all,

I'm having a problem getting crafting writs from the board.

When I first clicked on it I got the quest to go see Millenieh or whatever her name is... the one for Blacksmithing.

My Blacksmith is currently Lv 49.5 and I've never yet done a writ and figured "why not?"

So, I see her, go through the dialog, get the complete message, and that quest is now gone from my journal.

However, when I click on a writs board now it just says some message about the High King needing blah blah blah... but I don't get any writs.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Rokal
Thank you.

Take care,
Rokal, NoOb Extraordinaire
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to try with stuff like this is to log off and back on again and see if it sorts.

As for the writ board, does it mention any other crafts? Did you get certified in those too? That would be the second thing to try.

BTW, Tier 1 writs pay the same gold as top tier, give the same chance for gold tempers and surveys and because of how they work, give back as much in mats as you use. Well, cloth will need some farming. So, no reason not to do Tier 1 writs. All 15 of my alts do writs and only one does Top Tier.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, it can take a day for the writ board to reset. Rare, but i have seen it happen.

Also, try a writ board somewhere else.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mothball888
    Stupid question. If you are not seeing any writs from the board. And you've never done a writ before..

Have you done the initial quests? (Farm 3 iron nodes, make a dagger, deconstruct a dagger) before you can start pulling writs off the board.

The starter quests are in your home fraction starter town. 3 from withing the mages guild, 3 from within the fighters guild.

• summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Rokal wrote: »
    Hail and well met, all,

When I first clicked on it I got the quest to go see Millenieh or whatever her name is... the one for Blacksmithing.

My Blacksmith is currently Lv 49.5 and I've never yet done a writ and figured "why not?"

So, I see her, go through the dialog, get the complete message, and that quest is now gone from my journal.

However, when I click on a writs board now it just says some message about the High King needing blah blah blah... but I don't get any writs.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
    Rokal

Just to be sure, you are clicking the writ board for blacksmith, cloth, woodworking correct? Not the one for alchemy, enchanting and provisioning? They are 2 different writ boards.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're not certified. The npc's for writ certification can be found in the fighters and mages guild. They will give you a quest to craft something for certification or if you're level 50 in that craft you can ask to skip the process and the npc will certify you without having to craft.

Once you start doing writs don't get discouraged if you get trash for rewards. Some days you will get tempers, master writs, etc and other days you will get trash, but if you stick with it then you will make some great money and mats over time.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    ...if you're level 50 in that craft you can ask to skip the process and the npc will certify you without having to craft..

You actually only have to be level 10 in a craft to skip the certifiers' requests.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rokal wrote: »
    Hail and well met, all,

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
    Rokal

After talking to Millenith you'll want to do the certification quests or you can skip them. It sounds like you didn't skip them though. Check your quest journal they should show up in your journal under Blacksmith Certification under crafting or miscellaneous. If you're already 49.5 in skill then I recommend abandoning the quest and speaking to Millenith again to skip the certification quest, as others have already mentioned.

If however you want to experience the quest you'll have to get some iron ore, then speak to Millenith again and refine the ore into ingots, speak to Millenith again and then you'll be tasked with crafting daggers, talk to Millenith again and you'll be tasked with deconstructing the daggers. You'll talk to Millenith one last time and receive your certification. Enjoy!
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos