The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How tedious is alchemy crafting????

Titaniiumite
We all know how tedious making potions is, spamming one button for an hour trying to craft 3000 pots, can we think to implement a 'craft all' or 'craft x amount'. The way it is now is currently a joke that such an implement never existed from the beginning. I do not see why there would be a problem and would only improve interactions and making such a task less strenuous.

edit: just crafted 5000 spell power pots and now do not have sensation in my arm
Edited by Titaniiumite on August 9, 2018 11:38PM
DC - Every class - 900cp
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I believe there are some add-ons that will semi-automate this process for you, we unfortunate console folks have been begging for QoL updates to the consumable crafting UI for years.

If you're on PC, you might inquire about some of the add-ons. I'm on Xbox, so I'm ignorant of what 3rd-party stuff is out there to help the PC folks.

Bottom line: I agree completely, but it's a bit of a dead horse at the moment.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup batch cooking is needed bad
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. It’s been, what, 3 years now? That should have been a thing from the start.

Oh and while you’re at it ZOS, a reply function for the mail system would be pretty dope too.
    NA PS4
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re on PC check out mult craft add on. It is odd that ZOS hasn’t already implement this feature however.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more inclined to the opinion that a game that makes you need thousands of pots is the real problem. They should be a one-off exception to your normal needs, not a crutch.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long would it take a programmer to implement something like this? A few hours? It's honestly a joke that this is the state of crafting for food and pots and poisons.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I'm more inclined to the opinion that a game that makes you need thousands of pots is the real problem. They should be a one-off exception to your normal needs, not a crutch.

It's meant to be an extra gold-sink i would imagine.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind- but yes, Multicraft.
    Unless you're on console, then may the Gods help you.
    Edited by Mureel on August 10, 2018 1:57PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They mentioned looking at adding multicrafting to the crafts 2 years ago and even named the person they got the idea from on live. Which was off because it had been requested so many times before that one person did, but anyway... I haven't seen anything mentioned since.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • PawadoTheFearless

It is a pain to make a lot of potions at once, wether for selling or for personal use. They do need to update the system so you can say , post XXX amount at once. I personally craft all my potions once a month so it takes a while to do it 4 at a time the way the system is set up now.
    Edited by PawadoTheFearless on August 10, 2018 2:01PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5,000 pots isn’t a “normal” need however.

I’m not opposed to batch alchemy crafting ... but the OP is asking for ZOS to cater to their niche playstyle.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i. Guessing your not pc. I just click one time and the sit back and eat some pizza.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not going to change. it's a built in time sink. The game's full of them. It's absolutely horrible as far as game-play goes and it's a complete waste of time which keeps you playing for longer, exactly what they want. I think it's just an annoying function of some MMO's. Think about how many hours you've wasted due to all the terrible interfaces in this game that could easily be adjusted or upgraded. The guild trader's is a prime example.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    If you don’t have the add-on multicraft, get it. But yeah OP is right, the base game functionality needs an entire patch cycle or two all to itself. No more dungeons or dlc until basic improvements to QoL.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several popular addons on PC that need to be added into base game, multicraft is high on that list
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    How long would it take a programmer to implement something like this? A few hours? It's honestly a joke that this is the state of crafting for food and pots and poisons.

Why waste few hours on this when in that time you can make new shiny stuff for crown store :trollface:
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Why waste few hours on this when in that time you can make new shiny stuff for crown store :trollface:

Gee what was i thinking????
  • Titaniiumite

I’m not opposed to batch alchemy crafting ... but the OP is asking for ZOS to cater to their niche playstyle.

Who said i was using them myself? Just like any other crafting in the game currently, you CAN make money of crafting such things. I don't even use spell power pots, so that 5000 i made was purely for sale. Regardless the point still stands, for something so simple to implement why has it not yet been done???
    DC - Every class - 900cp
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is though, if you can craft 5000 items of anything in one go, what you are really asking is to be able to level up to the max with one button click. I know you had to find all those ingredients first, but you could have easily just bought out the nearest guild merchant too. I also know you say you're using them just to sell, but that won't be the case with everyone.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    The thing is though, if you can craft 5000 items of anything in one go, what you are really asking is to be able to level up to the max with one button click. I know you had to find all those ingredients first, but you could have easily just bought out the nearest guild merchant too. I also know you say you're using them just to sell, but that won't be the case with everyone.

So it turns a 30 minute choir into a minute or two(still 10 or so if you want to know each trait). That wouldn't really be game breaking, but they could always make it so you can't craft multiples till you hit 50 in the craft.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    That wouldn't really be game breaking, but they could always make it so you can't craft multiples till you hit 50 in the craft.

Yeah, that sounds good.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy, and Food Crafting is not tedious at all for me. I play on PC and have access to Addons, simple ones at that, that remove the tedium.

Come on ZOS, its long past time to add a simple crafting amount counter. And, make this counter work on Refines too. If you need to know how to program this, look at the very simple Multicraft Addon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't consider spamming a button to be experience well earned. Unlocking the traits would not be done instantly with this suggestion.

It is tedious in its current state on console. Why encourage people to do something else while they "play" your game? Press square while you watch TV, yay.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not about that. Zos chose to develops a minimalist UI and have the player base develops out normal UI features. Obviously the decisions are made based on PC but for the most part Zos has stuck to their decision.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It’s not about that. Zos chose to develops a minimalist UI and have the player base develops out normal UI features. Obviously the decisions are made based on PC but for the most part Zos has stuck to their decision.

That is just about the worst possible mentality to have about your UI when over half of your players use a platform where the player-base can't develop more UI features. Think about it for like even a second.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    While I believe there are some add-ons that will semi-automate this process for you, we unfortunate console folks have been begging for QoL updates to the consumable crafting UI for years.

If you're on PC, you might inquire about some of the add-ons. I'm on Xbox, so I'm ignorant of what 3rd-party stuff is out there to help the PC folks.

Bottom line: I agree completely, but it's a bit of a dead horse at the moment.

Get yourself a Cronus MAX for PS4 and thank me later. There are batch craft scripts. Don't tell ZOS you have one though.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said i was using them myself? Just like any other crafting in the game currently, you CAN make money of crafting such things. I don't even use spell power pots, so that 5000 i made was purely for sale. Regardless the point still stands, for something so simple to implement why has it not yet been done???

Nowhere in my post did I say you were using them yourself.

Crafting potions in bulk for guildies is a common request.

Crafting 5,000 pots in bulk is not a common request ... hence a niche playstyle.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 20, 2018 7:38PM