Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

choosing what to play for launch

melimoo22
melimoo22
Hi I have a level 8 sorcerer. Not sure what to play. All quests im finding now are higher level than I am and I am struggling. What weapon is best for sorcerer I was thinking either bow or staff and what skills are good?I think iv put all my points into wrong ones I know im only lvl 8 but does it matter and what ult should I choose for sorc? Really dont know how to build it also do I need to do crafting to get good enough gear to level as I haven't done any. Also the other class I was thinking was the nightblade but not tried one. Also what weapons n skills and ult would i use for the nightblade let me know your opinions thanks
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing a Templar and really enjoying that. Sorcerer does look a lot of fun though. Might give Destruction Staff a go soon. Looks cool.

Cas
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    Did you play the starter islands? If so, it helps you level more.
  • melimoo22
    melimoo22
    Stull on starter islands but one zone quests are bit hard now can u switch between the zones. I am able to do stonefalls bal foyen I think its called
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Lots of questions but to try and answer some of them. Just stick with what you want to go with. Either Staff or bow or even melee is viable with the set. For your alt I would give the storm one a shoot. It is really good and you can use it very often. I did not really like the summoning one seeing as it could not move and took to long to get back up. Did not try dark magic so no clue about that one.

I think your getting to caught up with what you should use with a class. There is no set answer. Ask your self this, what do I want to be? Just to answer you question though the sets that I know for NB is the stealthy DPS set which is easy to grasp just use the stealthy/heavy hitting moves. The other really good NB set is the siphon tank which uses the siphon ability for heals.

Just try stuff out and enjoy. I think your just thinking way to much into and really it will be a whole lot more fun just exploring and realizing what you like/hate. Use the weapon you think is the coolest/best and use it. Use the abilities you think will be good and try them. You will never know what works if you never give them a shoot.
    The King is Here!
  • melimoo22
    melimoo22
    Tjanks for replying. I do like casters but I just feel like im dying really quick. Do I need to do crafting for good gear or can I just pick it up and buy it? Is the storm skills good then
    ? Not really tried nightblade but was thinking about it as the sorcerer dies really quick
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    If you play a caster with light armor, you'll have to accept that you die faster then someone like me wearing heavy armor.

I've noticed the game is very versatile so far, I would however advise choosing a class skill tree and sticking with it, like for example, I stick with the Dragon Knight's Ardent Flame tree, because it is the damage oriented tree I want.

Weapon, if you spent most of your time casting spells, and especially since you are a sorcerer, I'd say a staff is a logical thing to stick with, with perhaps a bow as secondary.

As for being under leveled, once you reach 10, I would advise having fun in Cyrodiil for a while, it's not a bad way to get some more experience.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • melimoo22
    melimoo22
    What do u do in cyrodil? Do u recommend doing crafting? Also should I stick with sorcerer do u think or try nightblade out. I have been putting points in dark magic and the storm one so dunno if I have done it wrong etc