The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SUGGESTION] New option - "Refine ALL"

Maggi12
Maggi12
✭✭✭
I usually spend about 2 hours (or more) to refine all raw materials. Yes i have 10k+ of each type. And i do it usually once per month.
So, i understand the beauty of refining process - you can see how you get new crafting materials from refinement perocess, beautiful animations and you (maybe) like it and become happy.
But, if you play this game long enough... no comments.
In short - when we will get the possibility to SKIP animations and do refinement process in batch?
PS: I know about "Multicraft" addon and use it, of course.
Edited by Maggi12 on August 14, 2018 2:50PM
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    it is strange that nobody wrote any single comment... looks like only few ppl needs this feature xD
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC we can set for refining if all stacks of a specific type of material since we have addons.

When Zos chose to delegate building out the he UI to the player community (on PC) they really sold consoles short.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, don't let your raw materials stockpile?? Whenever I do my daily crafting writs, the first thing I do is process any raw mats. I don't ever have more than 200 unless I'm actively farming mats.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, refine (x amount) and instantly craft (x amount) are things that should really be part of the base game UI.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice. But I usually refine everything when i am deconning useless gear for the day. The only time i really have a stockpile is after i do the surveys.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maggi12 wrote: »
    I usually spend about 2 hours (or more) to refine all raw materials. Yes i have 10k+ of each type. And i do it usually once per month.
    So, i understand the beauty of refining process - you can see how you get new crafting materials from refinement perocess, beautiful animations and you (maybe) like it and become happy.
    In short - when we will get the possibility to SKIP animations and do refinement process in batch?

no just use the addon case closed.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be amazing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Not everyone has access to addons. And addons shouldn't be seen as valid UI solvers for the game.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 14, 2018 6:38PM
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭

Why ppl dont read 1-st post or dont remember what they have read it?
    Main problem is: TIME. 2 hours+ to refine all raw materials. That can be solved by adding 1 new function: for ex: RefineRawMaterials(tradeSkillId, bagId, slotId, amount) - something like that.
    Edited by Maggi12 on August 14, 2018 7:37PM
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I don’t have as many raw mats as you, but it can take me 10 mins of jamming the button while I do something else. This should be fixed by better UI.

Why WOULDN’T I “refine all”??
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it - maybe there should be a “crafting” discord and crafting class rep to collect such feedback ?
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play on pc .....
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why ppl dont read 1-st post or dont remember what they have read it?
    Main problem is: TIME. 2 hours+ to refine all raw materials. That can be solved by adding 1 new function: for ex: RefineRawMaterials(tradeSkillId, bagId, slotId, amount) - something like that.

main problem main solution use the addon case solved you dont need it in base game. people on console dont need it.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate such a feature. ESO's UI is an inefficient rsi-inducing usability nightmare, so anything to reduce clicks would be welcome.
    forever stuck in combat
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.

i refine what is required for the days writs.

if i am going to craft gear for alts (a rare occurrence) i will refine what's needed.

otherwise it's all kept raw, it sells better.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    UI needs a complete rework. Together with many things like group finder, add trials maybe hello and DSA. Some QoL DLCs would be more welcomed. Sad that add-ons can do things ZOS is just lazy to do. After some years they added trait checking atleast.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, that would be great.
    Xbox One Na
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the most fun parts of this game are refining your materials a little at a time, crafting your potions in small batches, and searching through individual traders one at a time to find the item you need.

What you speak of is madness!