The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Welkynar Motif Tradeable

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
Wasn't able to test on PST but the Motifs you can get from the Trial for Welkynar style, can they be traded/put on the Bazaar? I really want the sword style but don't have time for Trials
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they can be sold/traded but each person can only earn one Welknynar motif piece per week (per character, I think) from the trial, so it will probably be really expensive and difficult to get in traders.

They'll be putting it in the Crown store (hence why it is so difficult to get in-game) so if you want to shell out some cash that's an option.
    Edited by weedgenius on August 14, 2018 1:41AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Yes, they can be sold/traded but each person can only earn one Welknynar motif piece per week from the trial, so it will probably be really expensive and difficult to get in traders.

They'll be putting it in the Crown store (hence why it is so difficult to get in-game) so if you want to shell out some cash that's an option.

You're right, @weedgenius.

In fact, the in-game bar is set so high for these that they might as well just make them crown store exclusive ...
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Have they stated it would be in the Crown Store?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making this thread. Because I wanted to ask, if this motif is already available. I am spamming guild traders in hope to get my hands on them. No entries thus far.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Thanks for making this thread. Because I wanted to ask, if this motif is already available. I am spamming guild traders in hope to get my hands on them. No entries thus far.

Its not, just the Crafting Style Material is dropping, the Motif will be out on September 12th, though idk if that means just in the trial or in the Crown Store as well [Assuming it'll be in the crown store]
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they stated it would be in the Crown Store?

It was datamined. They will probably release it in the store on the same day it starts dropping in trials, September 12th.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should not do a same day crown store release.

There’s no way I’ll be catching the n+3 / vet train, so I’ll have to be a crown store purchaser for my crafter. But for those that are on that train, they should have a month to farm and sell it and make gold from their hard work on that trial.
    Xbox NA
  • Sievertsv
    Sievertsv
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

There’s no way I’ll be catching the n+3 / vet train, so I’ll have to be a crown store purchaser for my crafter. But for those that are on that train, they should have a month to farm and sell it and make gold from their hard work on that trial.

thats probably the only thing worthy of using my eso+ crowns on the welkynar style is by far the best imo and looks like it will be near impossible for casuals to get

+1 to add to crown store
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can wait till the anniversary event next year (around spring i think) they will probably drop from daily boxes.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on August 14, 2018 3:28AM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can wait till the anniversary event next year (around spring i think) they will probably drop from daily boxes.

giphy.gif
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grind for these motifs is outrageous. I can't even imagine how many motif books they will sell from the crown store.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will probably be the first time I buy a motif from the store :[.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

you must also stand in 1 leg while in trial-increased drop change
    bonus, if a relative stand next to you,talking about family issues all time
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unless they exclude it like they did Militant Ordinator. :/
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Basically to get 10 scraps you need to do VCR +3. NCR+3 = 1 scrap.

To get the 'glue' (unless I misunderstood!) you get 1 a week in coffer.

Completely lame. Will be buying crowns with money or gold and getting it that way.

Even if I was in a guild at the level/had the time to grind vcr+3 that hard - why would I want to? What a load of crap really.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that selling pages for astronomical amounts will ease the making gold pain points for raiders who only have a few hours a week to raid, and who are in that echelon.

It doesn't make much sense though, really.

Gating motifs (style) items this way can only be a cash grab.

There are better cash grabs - so many suggestions.

This is frankly ludicrous.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I just hope that selling pages for astronomical amounts will ease the making gold pain points for raiders who only have a few hours a week to raid, and who are in that echelon.

@Mureel You feel it is a ludicrous cash grab BUT you're still going to buy Crowns and purchase the motif. You're working against your own interest by reaffirming to ZOS that these ridiculous grinds designed to funnel people to the Crown store work and ensuring we get more of them in the future. Do you think the motif is just really worth it? Are you a completionist? Just curious.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saving my crown gems hoping they add these by page to the crown crates/store for gems.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given the size of small but dedicated trials community and a slightly larger casual (for want of an accurate term) element running normals the price will be astronomical. Unless your willing to drop tens of millions of gold or a mountain of patience it’s just never going to happen. And regarding vet+3, lmao.... the number of players world wide capable of that would fit into a high school classroom :D

It will certainly be in the crown store, probably why it’s so rare, although the optimist in me wants to think it’s a doomed attempt to boost the size of the trials scene

Personally I’m not fussed, other than the weapons of corse, the body pieces are no use to me as they make my charecter look far to skinny. I’ve got a bunch of sub crowns and nothing else to use them on so I might do it. Gold wise it’s just not worth it

Edited by Integral1900 on August 14, 2018 5:42PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to buy from other players. I absolutely refuse to buy this from the CS, as it's pretty clear that it's an attempt to get more people to just buy it, as they know that the percentage of players who are able to earn these is pretty small. Or, as previously mentioned it could be an attempt to get more people to do trials, but I think it's doubtful. Why is the style mat dropping now, but the motif won't be available until later? Because that's when the motif will be in the CS. They already did this with SC and FL motifs.

I'm stubborn enough that I will try to wait it out until prices fall, but that may well be over a year. I doubt it will be in next year's anniversary boxes, as they withheld MO last year. The previous year, they withheld some of the newer motifs (can't remember which, but not all dropped). We may well see it in the following year's anniversary boxes, though. Long time to wait, but I'm not paying 5k crowns for it. I have purchased their CS only motifs (e.g. Grim Harlequin) but they were cheaper at 2,000-2,200 crowns.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

@Mureel You feel it is a ludicrous cash grab BUT you're still going to buy Crowns and purchase the motif. You're working against your own interest by reaffirming to ZOS that these ridiculous grinds designed to funnel people to the Crown store work and ensuring we get more of them in the future. Do you think the motif is just really worth it? Are you a completionist? Just curious.

@weedgenius
    Hi, I think the motif is very pretty (plus I have several writs that need it).

I work nights, really hard graft, coping with mass amounts of other people's crap, and the LAST thing I want to do is grind that hard on my off time for a sliver of a page.

Because of my kids (daytime) and my work (nights because of my kids) I play AU/Oceanic prime time from the UK.

The core groups from the guild I'm in right now who plays those same times is made up of newer players and some experienced ones, so we are at crag HMs done, and vmol and vcr clears level, not at vcr+3 level.

Therefore, I'll buy the motif because my real life money makes the time spent to earn it in real life, far more sensible than my game time would.

I value my spare time and I don't see a worthwhile time to achievement result in terms of this motif, given the current level of the guilds I prefer to hang with.

I could join any number of higher end guilds, and I have been in these before, but the problem is that their raid times just don't correlate with my gaming times.

Such is life.
    Edited by Mureel on August 14, 2018 6:15PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s sad that such a blatant cash grab is going to work so well. Because there’s literally no reason to make this motif so exorbitantly difficult to get page for. No other trial motif functions like that. No other motif ever functions like that. Not even Glass when it was still in shards functioned this stupidly.

ZO$ you need to fire whatever stupid f** is running your implementation of new systems. First jewelrycrafting (still too expensive to reasonably use) now this crap with pieces of motifs at levels hardly 1/5th of the playerbase can complete.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Saving my crown gems hoping they add these by page to the crown crates/store for gems.
    @Runs Maybe sometime in the far future but so far it's not likely. You can see that when the Pyandonean motif was datamined, there was an image for each motif piece because it was being split into pieces for the crates. In contrast, the Welkynar motif datamine shows only your standard Crown Store image.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that today’s Crown showcase confirms that the motif will in fact be released in the CS on the same day the ridiculous in-game grind starts, September 12th.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that today’s Crown showcase confirms that the motif will in fact be released in the CS on the same day the ridiculous in-game grind starts, September 12th.

Also it probably costs 5k crowns.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are something unique and interesting to this game. It would be a shame if this becomes the norm, and they become glorified cash shop items. Because that's what welkynar motif is, it's a glorified cash shop item.

I've done +3 on normal with some degree of difficulty (mostly group coordination, but isn't that always the difficulty?), but it's not really puggable. You NEED voice to communicate, which already invalidates most of the pug groups that normally run things. And +3 is the type of encounter where even 1 or 2 people screwing up ruins the whole thing. So you can't carry, everyone has to at least have an idea as to what they're doing. Ironically damage doesn't really matter, but everyone needs to be competent at mechanics.

I would speculate that maybe 3-5% of the playerbase will complete NCR +3. And that's just complete, not run on a regular basis. So yes, this is a cash shop motif. It's distressing to think this might only be the start.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see why they didn't make the set like the Buoyant and have them drop in chests around Summerset. :|
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA