The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's have Crafted Mundus Stones!

Felexir
Felexir
✭✭✭
I think it would be great if we could have crafted mundus stones. We would buy empty mundus stones and the attunable mundus "crystals" at the writ voucher guy. You would take those mundus crystals and attune them to an actual mundus stone and then place them in their mundus stones to create a fully functional mundus stone.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no, lets not.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then what would be the point of having them in the crown store?
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, if you want to gift somebody the mundus stone - you just send him unattuned one (obtained from crown store) without asking him which one he needs.
    That change will also probably increase mundus stone sales amount.
    Edited by Maggi12 on August 14, 2018 5:58PM
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just buy them from the crown store. If they're making it craftable I'd love a refund from all my mundus stones.
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    You can just buy them from the crown store. If they're making it craftable I'd love a refund from all my mundus stones.

4k each is not cheap.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    then what would be the point of having them in the crown store?

The point would be what (at least in my opinion) it should have always been: convenience. I don't like that such things are Crown Store exclusives. An option to work for them in game does not seem problematic in any way I can tell, if implemented right.
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    For everyone who asks "What's the point of having it in the crown store?"
    Same reason you can buy buy target dummies, furnishing items, and a lot of motifs as well as craft them or farm for them. Some people would rather have an option to work towards and craft items then just paying cash for them.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it takes like 3 minutes to run to a mundus stone, tops.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »

^this....

play the game.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True.

But what if you're testing out a setup, and wanna try out different Mundi in the process? You really wanna spend the time (and more disruptively, the loading screens) in between each change? I don't. I like having them in my house. It's convenient. I paid for that convenience with Crowns (aka, money), and that's alright. But I would have appreciated the opportunity to work for them in-game.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well gosh if you're testing the 3 stones that would actually need to be tested then you're right, now you're up to 6 minutes lost to the void.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave Mundus stones as is.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to have "shard" of mundus stone - item that you can keep in your inventory and use in any place. It would work like every mundus stone but it's not stationary, so you can change it whenever you want directly from your bag.
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on August 14, 2018 8:40PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to just be able to have all mundus stones at once, and then i want the dungeon finder to only put me in good groups and random but only random between dungeons that are easy and that i like. oh and i want to be a werewolf vampire but pls remove the negative effects and I want free ponies.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes like 3 minutes to run to a specific crafting set, tops, and yet attunable crafting stations are thing. That's kind of a weak argument.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House mundus stones are also already a thing, so thanks for proving my point for me - we don't need dev time invested in making more ways to do this simple junk. There's already an "in game" way and a "crown store" way - one costs a few bucks, the other costs time.
    Edited by Krayl on August 14, 2018 9:01PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Mundus Stones that were craftable; it would be another thing to spend vouchers on. :)
    and I want free ponies.

There's a free horse as one of the level-up rewards. The brown one IIRC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sure would be nice! I don’t think I would make them, personally, as I imagine the material cost would be obscene.

I’m also absolutely for another way to get the clockwork crafting stations. I want those bad... but no, not paying absurd moneys for it. :s
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I feel these should have been available at the voucher merchant from the release of the crown ones. Even if they sold them for high vouchers.

But now that I have them all... I don't think this should happen. jk... lol

It would be nice for them to be sold for vouchers, but I don't think it's needed any longer now that crown item gifting is a thing. You could probably find people to trade vouchers for mundus stones if you looked. I bet a full set of the 4 attunable tables would be a reasonable trade for a mundus stone gift. Or you could sell those via trader and buy a mundus gift with the gold recieved, depending on server of course. Each server has its own going rate for crown to gold.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House mundus stones are also already a thing, so thanks for proving my point for me - we don't need dev time invested in making more ways to do this simple junk. There's already an "in game" way and a "crown store" way - one costs a few bucks, the other costs time.

I didn't prove your point, though, unless we ignore the entire OP premise. There are Mundus stones for houses, but they're only available for purchase via Crowns. There are attunable Crafting Stations available for both Crowns and in-game currency. Both crafting stations and Mundus stones only take a few minutes to get to overland, but of the two, only one of them has a non-Crown convenience option for guild halls.

So... kinda the opposite of proving your point, really.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on August 15, 2018 7:54PM