Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magelight breaks stealth now?

rfennell_ESO
rfennell_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
lol?

Only tested Radiant Magelight, but... casting Radiant magelight now breaks stealth on yourself.

At least it's now guaranteed to work!!!!
Edited by rfennell_ESO on August 14, 2018 2:46AM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol?

Only tested Radiant Magelight, which now breaks stealth.

Explain that one...

its suppose to break stealth so its finally working as intended i see took them forever to fix it
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol?

Only tested Radiant Magelight, which now breaks stealth.

Explain that one...

I mean... It kinda makes a lot of sense to me lol.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's intended it ought be in the patch notes.

The idea that an ability that, in pvp, is primarily used to reveal stealthers breaks your own stealth now... Well, at least is works on someone... unfortunately that person is now the caster.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The idea that an ability that, in pvp, is primarily used to reveal stealthers breaks your own stealth now... Well, at least is works on someone... unfortunately that person is now the caster.

oh you didnt include that part to begin with bruh yea that shouldnt break your stealth lol
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No more searching for sneaking players. How dare you people!
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

oh you didnt include that part to begin with bruh yea that shouldnt break your stealth lol

Heh yeah, I should have been clearer.

Going to go back and make it so.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh lol you meant on yourself, no it should not.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Beezley just asked if Camouflaged Hunter always did that as well... and I tested it and confirmed it, too. If your eye is partially open, when casting the skill it them fully opens and leaves you detected.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its certainly a side effect from the change they made so that you can see when an enemy uses detection stuff like potions or these skills.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol?

Only tested Radiant Magelight, but... casting Radiant magelight now breaks stealth on yourself.

This is a terrible, horrible, change...

Using Radiant Magelight while in Stealth was one of the few viable ways to combat Nightblades...

I hope they get rid of this change...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol?

This is a terrible, horrible, change...

Using Radiant Magelight while in Stealth was one of the few viable ways to combat Nightblades...

I hope they get rid of this change...

agreed.

completely unnecessary.

next time fix something that's actually broken, maybe?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to make it easier for nightblades to see who can see them i.e. a counter for their hard counter, then this is what you get. No ability to do it in stealth as it makes a nb life harder if they cant see who can see them
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main is a nightblade and i gotta agree with this, casting that skill shouldn't break your stealth. Hope they change it to the way it was before.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am glad it finally does break stealth for you to cast it.
    constantly being caught in stealth because people sneaking around with mage light was extremely annoying.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're casting something that will affect other players, then casting it should break you out of stealth. I really enjoyed being able to cloak around with magelight on, but this is a good change. Can still sneak around and chug detect pots... I hope.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    My NB's just became even more OP. My other characters are going to feel so neglected.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This surely can't be intended, or we truely are in Nightblade meta again, like they needed any help.

I wonder sometimes what ZOS think about with balance. Ohh sorcs and blades are strong so let's nerf sorc and buff blade that will fix it. Weird.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who say that this is a good change, I ask the question: how so?

The way I see it (with this change) they are drastically reducing counterplay against Cloak (which remains very powerful and is now even more powerful)...

Even Radiant Magelight wont reveal someone in Cloak unless you are very close to them; now that they can see you coming, the only way you'll reveal them is if they are not moving and are unaware of whats going on around them...

In other words, you basically wont be able to reveal someone who is awake at the controls...

They've crushed a lot of value out of Radiant Magelight with this change...

Now only Detect Pots are viable for finding a Cloaked opponent in open world play, and even this has lost power as they will see you coming...

I hate conspiracy theories and I like to think that the Development crew is fair and just, but with changes like this, it does make me wonder if there is some pro-Nightblade bias at work here...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster sadly I have to concur about the feel of bias. As a sorc that's nerfed back beyond DragonBones (but I accept Cage was OP, but we needed frag sorted) we now have Defensive Rune nerfed too, our NB defense, and are revealed that we detecting.

Plus with cage ruined its reach meta again, and MagBlade does reach playstyle better in most ways than a Sorc.

Sure I'm biased, but likewise I know the nerf sorc band wagon was filled with NightBlades generating the most noise :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it technically makes sense it doesn´t seem like it´s intended
    constantly being caught in stealth because people sneaking around with mage light was extremely annoying.

Now I start to understand why you love sload so much......
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case passing issue along.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Annoying is, for instance, the buggy cc break, and that's the kind of things which need to be looked at. Any other thing you find annoying just because it's a counter to your gamestyle i'm just gonna say "deal with it".
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Just in case passing issue along.

Thank you.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone really surprised?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For crying out loud. Dodgable sload and rune cage (which only benefits stamblades) and now a further nerf to magelight - which again only benefits stam and magblades. Magelight is already a horrible counter to cloak, the radius is so tiny that you have to spam it over and over and run around in circles, and by then the nightblade is long gone with all their buffs to sneaking speed. More times than not you just wasted magicka while never finding the cloaker anyway.

We needed MORE counterplay vs cloak, not having the ones we had NERFED even more. What's this obsession with the dev team and their "I win" 1 click button for nightblades??
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even Radiant Magelight wont reveal someone in Cloak unless you are very close to them; now that they can see you coming, the only way you'll reveal them is if they are not moving and are unaware of whats going on around them...

In other words, you basically wont be able to reveal someone who is awake at the controls...

They've crushed a lot of value out of Radiant Magelight with this change...

Now only Detect Pots are viable for finding a Cloaked opponent in open world play, and even this has lost power as they will see you coming...

They mostly never reciprocated radiant magelight when they changed stealth bonus damage (which radiant used to reduce).

Even so, if Evil/camo hunter (as reported earlier in thread), and magelights break stealth on use, it's more likely than unlikely that detect pots will as well.

Really the only advantage of detect pots is that you can use them while mounted...

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    This surely can't be intended, or we truely are in Nightblade meta again, like they needed any help.

I wonder sometimes what ZOS think about with balance. Ohh sorcs and blades are strong so let's nerf sorc and buff blade that will fix it. Weird.

Um...it also affects NB's. Using a detect pot or Camo Hunter breaks your stealth. I used a detect pot in IC last night and was SO happy (heavy sarcasm) to see a giant, neon red eye appear over MY head. LOL So, for now, I suppose we don't use any stealth detection personally and instead wait for another stealth class to use a detect pot, etc. and use it against them.

This was a truly unnecessary and poor decision to implement this.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's intended. These overload gankers need nerfed.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...there I was, sneaking along all ninja-like when suddenly... I cast a frigging flashlight, and absolutely -everyone- could see me all lighted up thanks to the magical disco ball I had become because of this stupid light spell! Why did noone ever tell me that switching on a light makes you obvious to everyone you had been hiding from and such? It was supposed to help me find them, not the other way around as well, stupid darn light...
    ...at least that's how it sounds to me.
    zxv2aDf.png
    :p;):D
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in the dark and put a torch on of course everybody will see you. That is basically what we are doing. Want to stay hidden, don't put a torch on. So if the purpose of being able to see who is hidden/invisible it should show yourself as well. After all it's finding EVERYONE who is hidden.

Is this one of the "I need the easy button and others shouldn't". That is what seems to me since nobody has given a reason on why it shouldn't be like it is now.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"