The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelcraft Masters are less than STILL worthless

Panomania
Panomania
✭✭✭✭
The JC update for masters rewards was a total waste of their time. I just got an epic that gives 30 vouchers. GREAT! But even with reduced upgrade cost it takes 68K gold in mats to craft whats needed. Not anywhere even remotely close to worth it.

Honestly ZOS, you should have saved yourselves some time and labor costs and just removed them from the game.
The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    True. And what conceivable justification could there be for leaving the prior, even more worthless ones, as-is?

The itemization team once again proves with resounding success that they are not even remotely familiar with playing this game.

I've had 5 crafters doing all writs every day since Summerset launched. 2 almost have all traits researched, will be done in a week with their last trait. I have five chromium grains after farming every day, doing writs, etc. 5.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    True. And what conceivable justification could there be for leaving the prior, even more worthless ones, as-is?

The itemization team once again proves with resounding success that they are not even remotely familiar with playing this game.

I've had 5 crafters doing all writs every day since Summerset launched. 2 almost have all traits researched, will be done in a week with their last trait. I have five chromium grains after farming every day, doing writs, etc. 5.

After far far FAR less effort than you, I have 8, RnG
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After far far FAR less effort than you, I have 8, RnG

IMHO that’s the biggest pain point with RNG, it all averages out over time, but short term it just looks so inconsistent.

On Saturday I farmed blacksmithing nodes in Orsinium, refining just over 1000 platinum, and got zero chromium grains. On Sunday, I only had time to farm and refine 200 platinum but actually got two chromium grains!
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be price corrections as the supply of jewelry mats is going up, since they reduced the number of mats required to upgrade them. Give it time and we will eventually see if it is worth it.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I simply cannot see upgrade prices changing a ton. Yes, slightly more dusts in supply because you have a chance for ONE dust from ore nodes, but you also will see less supply of terne, iridium and zircon because you can no longer get them from dailies. And I dont think we'll see a mass swell of people harvesting and selling much more for JC mats any time soon, and even if we do the lower upgrade costs will increase demand for these mats.

Bottom line, JC master writs are still broken. We're at best WELL over 2K cost per voucher, and every other trade skill master is at MOST 500 cost per voucher (and most are 200 to 300 tops).
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what conceivable justification could there be for leaving the prior, even more worthless ones, as-is?

This one I have to give to them. The generation process for these writs probably makes them essentially unique, meaning they'd have to go in and edit individual writs manually. Not that it can't be done, but the labor cost would be extravagant.

Mind you, that's just speculation, but it seems likely enough that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting was broken the moment submats were introduced to platings. Traits are also largely inacessible as sets still only drop in arcane, robust, and healthy... with an added complication of trait stones often having submats too. I still have yet to craft a single piece of jewelry for myself. Or upgrade any jewelry. The coming changes will help, but still not put jewelrycrafting on par with other professions. It's too bad.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang I thought I was doing bad, I've got 35 chromium grains since jewelry launched. I've gotten most of that from refining dust from the jewelry surveys from 15 characters though. And to be 100% honest, I've not collected all of my jewelry surveys yet.

The daily writs need to provide dust and not ingots as a possible reward. That way we have another chance of improvement mats during refining.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting should have HIRELINGS
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chromium grains. Same drop rate as tempers...require 5 times the amount...and they didn't increase the amount of writ vouchers by five? Srsly?
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I level my jewelry skills just by deconstructing the shiny things. I aleady have maxed the passive to make the most efficient decon and refine. Gradually gathering nodes and collecting mats to improve a few purple rings later. Researching traits to get achievements and bought the crafting station for my home because it looks nice.
    So I enjoy jewelry a lot overall. Although I wasn't going to bother to even pass the jewelry certification, and from what I read here I don't think that I'll care about making a jewelry writ any time soon.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on August 14, 2018 2:15AM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll stick to the big clothier master writs those are so cheap to do it's a joke
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I level my jewelry skills just by deconstructing the shiny things. I aleady have maxed the passive to make the most efficient decon and refine. Gradually gathering nodes and collecting mats to improve a few purple rings later. Researching traits to get achievements and bought the crafting station for my home because it looks nice.
    So I enjoy jewelry a lot overall. Although I wasn't going to bother to even pass the jewelry certification, and from what I read here I don't think that I'll care about making a jewelry writ any time soon.

The lowest-level jewelry writs are still worth doing and should result in a tidy profit every week. Just don't do anything higher than the level 1 writs and you'll be good to go.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll stick to the big clothier master writs those are so cheap to do it's a joke

They are... got a transmute station and most of the writs I did were clothier ones.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    they need to decrease the amount of grains needed for each plating too.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless the material requirement is five times smaller or the payout is five times larger, I still don’t see any reason to do jewelrycrafting Master writs if you need vouchers when the other skills are so much cheaper. I got an epic writ for 72 vouchers yesterday that I’m not going to do. I don’t even have enough purple platings to craft the furnishings I want, let alone make a single piece of purple jewelry for any of my characters. Jewelrycrafting Master writs might as well not exist.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. I decon the jewelry master writs. They don’t even sell for super cheap.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just golded 3 sets gold. Willpower, mother sorrow and burning spellweave. Too the people crying.. STOP! Ungratefull ***, how about quiting if you dont want too play the game?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They dobbeled the rewards from the writs, and they reduced the upgrade mats by half. Wtf are you crying about?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Just golded 3 sets gold. Willpower, mother sorrow and burning spellweave. Too the people crying.. STOP! Ungratefull ***, how about quiting if you dont want too play the game?

That’s precisely the problem. We do want to play this game, not spend every hour grinding for jewelry upgrade materials (which is what you have to do unless you are ultra-rich). With all the other professions, I can play the game as I like and still utilize the systems. That has not happened with jewelry crafting. I can’t gather enough mats during my usual gameplay to do anything worthwhile with the system. Perhaps that was intentional, but it looks like bad design to me.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done writs since Summerset launch (7 characters) I've got well over 10k ounces of assorted refined metals after everything I've used to do writs and I just made my 6th Gold plating. So 100K++ dust refined and the occasional reward from dailies to get 600 grains.

I only refine with one maxed out character so highest chance to get them from refining and I've not used or sold a single gold plate.

I did finish 9 traits on both styles the day Wolfhunter was released, but that was with help from ingame research scrolls from the writ vendor.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Chromium grains. Same drop rate as tempers...require 5 times the amount...and they didn't increase the amount of writ vouchers by five? Srsly?

Yeah, to sort of quote them from the release notes "they wanted to keep the rare and unique feel to jewellery"

They did in a way, a bit like stabbing your eye out you maybe try it once, twice at most........
    EU PS4
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean golding out jewelry that you use is a lot different then doing it for master writs. One has value for your character and you do for personal and game play reasons, but master writs are a currency. If the currency doesn't have a similar value as the other currencies (gold) why would you bother? Most of these people aren't complaining, they'rew just letting zos no that the conversion rate still isn't right and that the "fix" didn't fix anything.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so much qq about jewellery crafting....

takes far longer to lvl than any other gear.

nope, same as woodworking.

the spawns are so rare...

no they aren't.

i'm loving it.... made millions from selling dust and platings etc.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase the drop rates
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a purple one today. Craft cost per voucher was 2900 gold. Swing and a miss ZOS. You are like that rich corrupt old politician that thinks a gallon of milk costs $25. You keep demonstrating that you dont understand the economy in your own game.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still aren't worth doing. I'll keep shoving the big ones in bank and giving the little ones away.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats? Did you read the post or just come to try and brag? Nobody cares about your gold jewelry. What we care about is that the Jewelry master writs that they JUST updated are still worthless. The cost per voucher is 3 times the going buy price in the market, and more like 7-8 times the cost of other trades. It makes no sense. It's a mistake on ZOS's end that needs fixing (again). They are worthless rewasrds. It has nothing to do with your gold jewelry.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a jewelry crafting writ selling for 400 gold today. LOL. I'll bet I could find them cheaper than that, too. Nobody wants to waste materials on those.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    so much qq about jewellery crafting....

takes far longer to lvl than any other gear.

nope, same as woodworking.

the spawns are so rare...

no they aren't.

i'm loving it.... made millions from selling dust and platings etc.

Here's a cookie