The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will the network issues be fixed? (Lag)

WolfRedeemed
WolfRedeemed
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Evere since the previous update on the xbox NA severs I have been receiving very high lag times. After doing a traceroute on from what i can tell is the correct IP the results I get:

Network path is routed from Australia to Tokyo and then to North America. (TraceRoute on 198.20.200.26)

72.52.56.200 (Akamai NA) 140ms
72.52.56.207 (Akamai NA) 141ms
93.191.173.29 (Akamai Europe) 381ms

From what i can tell akami is the main issue pushing traffic to its europe servers. This could be due to the high traffic loads from the pvp events but during Oceanic prime times seems doubtful, and the servers cannot handle current volumes if thats the case.

If there is a representative that can look at this as I raised a support ticket but was eventually told to just post on the forum hoping the development team will find this and provide support. Odd way to get support but lets hope.
Edited by WolfRedeemed on August 6, 2018 11:02PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WolfRedeemed

Your support ticket #180803-003839 is currently still open and our support team is waiting to hear back on if the troubleshooting you were sent has helped with the lag. If you have any issues responding to your open ticket please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WolfRedeemed
    WolfRedeemed
    Soul Shriven
    If you read the support ticket they stated to post in this forum for support. I have tried all options provided to no avail.

So not sure where to go from here but any assistance would be appreciated.
  • garyallen
    garyallen
    Soul Shriven
    lag is getting worse all the time / why cannot you fix this problem / been going on for at least 2 yrs at this time
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People have been complaning about lag since the game was launched and yet ZOS....
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    garyallen wrote: »
    lag is getting worse all the time / why cannot you fix this problem

Mostly because, contrary to your belief, it is not "this problem", it is a large collection of similar, but unrelated, problems. Working out which one is hitting the specific user, and if it duplicates an existing issue, is temporary, or requires a third party unrelated to the user or ZOS to fix it, is why the diagnostics are requested.

You, and @WolfRedeemed, and anyone else having trouble, can probably help yourselves by starting with https://pingplotter.com/fix-my-network - a more in-depth guide to finding network problems between you and the ZOS servers than the stuff that comes in the automated reply from support.

PS: @WolfRedeemed, without a full traceroute, I believe you when you say that the problem is with the Akami operated network, but I will note that the support page gives the ip address 195.122.154.1 for EU, and 198.20.198.110 for US. Plus, those are in an AS owned and operated by ZENIMAX, not Akami.

If you can show zero issues on the network, then that is a fairly solid argument for ZOS support (and their developers) to look into why their servers are lagging. Because it is hard to argue with "here is solid proof it isn't a network issue", while assertions without proof are ... suspect.

Not suspect because you, specifically, have done anything wrong, but suspect because enough people have out and out lied to game tech support people over the years that they ruined it for everyone. So, even though I do those diagnostics, I don't expect support to just take my word for it, I give them proof.

If the problem is on the network, but not in the ZOS data center, and not in your ISP, that too is something you can contact ZOS support about -- and well as your ISP support -- and hopefully get both of them poking their network teams to talk to the contact at the problem spot, and see if they can't get a third party to fix their *cough* sh... stuff *cough* for you.

Just asserting that this is a single problem, or that ZOS don't want to, or are not competent to, solve it is flat out wrong.
    Edited by SlippyCheeze on August 17, 2018 11:22PM
  • KennisMenace
    KennisMenace
    ✭✭
    I just came back after 2 months, and the lag in game is worse then ever, and its not my internet, its the poor coding and programing that cause all the lag and crashes , please stop blaming peoples internet when most of the time its not and fix the dam game.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Soon..

Yep, until then please ESO players check crown store.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    garyallen wrote: »
    lag is getting worse all the time / why cannot you fix this problem

Mostly because, contrary to your belief, it is not "this problem", it is a large collection of similar, but unrelated, problems. Working out which one is hitting the specific user, and if it duplicates an existing issue, is temporary, or requires a third party unrelated to the user or ZOS to fix it, is why the diagnostics are requested.

You, and @WolfRedeemed, and anyone else having trouble, can probably help yourselves by starting with https://pingplotter.com/fix-my-network - a more in-depth guide to finding network problems between you and the ZOS servers than the stuff that comes in the automated reply from support.

PS: @WolfRedeemed, without a full traceroute, I believe you when you say that the problem is with the Akami operated network, but I will note that the support page gives the ip address 195.122.154.1 for EU, and 198.20.198.110 for US. Plus, those are in an AS owned and operated by ZENIMAX, not Akami.

If you can show zero issues on the network, then that is a fairly solid argument for ZOS support (and their developers) to look into why their servers are lagging. Because it is hard to argue with "here is solid proof it isn't a network issue", while assertions without proof are ... suspect.

Not suspect because you, specifically, have done anything wrong, but suspect because enough people have out and out lied to game tech support people over the years that they ruined it for everyone. So, even though I do those diagnostics, I don't expect support to just take my word for it, I give them proof.

If the problem is on the network, but not in the ZOS data center, and not in your ISP, that too is something you can contact ZOS support about -- and well as your ISP support -- and hopefully get both of them poking their network teams to talk to the contact at the problem spot, and see if they can't get a third party to fix their *cough* sh... stuff *cough* for you.

Just asserting that this is a single problem, or that ZOS don't want to, or are not competent to, solve it is flat out wrong.

Stop defending these people. Saying that is us and not them is ridiculous.