The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spike Armor Volatile Armor morph still pulls out of sneak

DTStormfox
DTStormfox
✭✭✭✭✭
According to the most recent patch notes:
Fixed an issue where casting certain self-targeted abilities, such as Spike Armor, Dark Exchange, or Imbue Weapon, would remove you from Sneak.

Volatile Armor morph when casted on self still removes you from Sneak in Cyrodiil (Sotha Sil EU)
Edited by DTStormfox on August 13, 2018 7:30PM
Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
Veteran PvP player

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    According to the most recent patch notes:
    Fixed an issue where casting certain self-targeted abilities, such as Spike Armor, Dark Exchange, or Imbue Weapon, would remove you from Sneak.

Volatile Armor morph when casted on self still removes you from Sneak in Cyrodiil (Sotha Sil EU)

Well that only makes sense, Spiked Armor is a self buff. Volatile is an AOE damage morph of Spiked Armor. So the base morph and I'm guessing Hardened Armor as well shouldn't remove you from stealth, but Volatile** Armor as an AOE absolutely should.

Also you could go with the fact that "Spike Armor" doesn't exist, only "Spiked Armor", so one could argue that fixing issues on imaginary skills does nothing anyways.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on August 13, 2018 8:32PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volatile armor is an AOE damage attack and therefore removes players from stealth like all other AOE attacks.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so it is just a matter of ZOS being not specific enough with their natch potes.

Because "certain self-targeted abilities", such as" is not vague at all
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't even buff up in sneak anymore. And I thought they were gonna fix this. I'm having sooo much fun knowing I'm not allowed to sneak. Thanks ZOS, so much for off-meta playstyles...
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 13, 2018 8:41PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Okay, so it is just a matter of ZOS being not specific enough with their natch potes.

Because "certain self-targeted abilities", such as" is not vague at all

Well kind of.

But the moment you choose volatile its becomes and aoe. A aoe thats centred on you sure but an aoe first and foremost.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS just wanted to make sure that sneaking NBs still have the advantage of knowing that you're looking for them. They can locate you for a quick burst down before you can locate them.

It's just as great now that a big eye appears over your head if you're looking for stealthing opponents... that way, Elder Nightblades Online always has the advantage.

Edited by Savos_Saren on August 13, 2018 11:33PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason is its initial damage application. Like you can't brawler in stealth either.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    The reason is its initial damage application. Like you can't brawler in stealth either.

Yeah, cause we all know zenimax is very consistent.

Like how noxious breath is still dodgeable and fails to tag cloakers? Hell it can't even tag people when they stand right in your nose but thats one of 200 issues with the ability and this is about volatile armor so I'll pass.

I love how consistent Zenimax is. Like, they love to ''fix'' DKs, but they never actually fix DKs when something hurts the class. I love the bias, it's so obvious it hurts my eyes. Oh yeah zenimax , obviously we are not allowed to hide from stamblades cause they are super cool assassins or something. I forgot. My bad.

I'm sick of all these small changes about consistency and overall game improvement that are literally screaming at you like ''SCREW YOU DKS''.. like the wrath nerf, shuffle nerf, heroic nerf, reverb nerf,warmth nerf... On the plus side its indirect nerfs for a while instead of middle finger to the face like in morrowind.

How about they actually make hardened armor not a meme so Its an option you know? But no no no... too much work. Not to mention volatile is the only reliable cloak counter for stamDk.. But sure zenimax, nerf evil hunter instead.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 18, 2018 2:36AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We have to keep buffing Nbs until everyone plays them while nerfing anyway to kill or find them with anything other then a nb.

Very much elder night blades online
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Volatile armor is an AOE damage attack and therefore removes players from stealth like all other AOE attacks.

All? Bombard/Acid Spray don't remove you from sneak/cloak unless you hit someone with it.
    Edited by DDuke on August 18, 2018 3:56PM