Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make transmute crystal packs available in crown store

JiDul
JiDul
✭✭✭
Its already hard enough to farm these and there really isn't a "farming" method for this. You get 2 for your daily in BG and 4-10 each day for your rewards of the worthy. Then depending on campaign you can get 10-50 when campaign ends depending on if you participated enough. I mean, crown mimic stones and research scrolls are available.. I would spend money on buying packs of these things... Pack of 50(1500 crowns), 100(2500 crowns), 150(3000 crowns), 200(5000 crowns). Because honestly it takes far too long to get these especially if you are just a PvE player whom has no interest in PvP.
Edited by JiDul on August 13, 2018 3:26AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then do pledges and normal trials for weekly coffers (guaranteed 5 crystals).
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too borderline to P2W there so no
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Too borderline to P2W there so no

How so? Its not anymore P2W than research scrolls that take 15 days off of research. Or being able to mimic any style without even having the style stone in your inventory. If you could buy weapons or armor that would be considered P2W.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for transmute crystals to be in crown store, sorry to be the one to say this, but you seriously need to learn to play this game, it takes me a couple of weeks to get 200 transmute crystals if I am not trying.

Transmute crystals were introduced to reduce the burden of grinding against RNG and were not meant to be grinded.

Sorry but NOPE.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    They will come, eventually. Until then, do one or more random bgs on each toon you have time for. You should be able to get more in the rewards for the worthy than just 10 a day. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think your first rewards of the worthy (over 10k AP earned) on each toon can grant you a geode.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for transmute crystals to be in crown store, sorry to be the one to say this, but you seriously need to learn to play this game, it takes me a couple of weeks to get 200 transmute crystals if I am not trying.

Transmute crystals were introduced to reduce the burden of grinding against RNG and were not meant to be grinded.

Sorry but NOPE.

Wow, only a couple weeks? ::rolleyes::

Look, when I'm theory-crafting new builds, I don't want to wait 2 friggin weeks to test my gear, I want to test it IMMEDIATELY. I may need 250 transmute crystals or more in a situation like that!

I'm with OP. There needs to be a solution for people who need to transmute in a hurry.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe increase the amount of opportunities of getting them in game.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather they allow for them to stack and also to sell them through guild stores rather than sell them for crowns. After the PvP event I’m probably sitting with nearly 2k clogging up inventory space and would happily sell these if I could.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »

Get enough RotW (through PvP in Cyro IC or BG) and you will have several golden geodes depending on your RNG. I have had times when I transmuted stuff just to make space in my inventory.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but NOPE.

Wow, only a couple weeks? ::rolleyes::

Look, when I'm theory-crafting new builds, I don't want to wait 2 friggin weeks to test my gear, I want to test it IMMEDIATELY. I may need 250 transmute crystals or more in a situation like that!

I'm with OP. There needs to be a solution for people who need to transmute in a hurry.

There is PTS for that unless one is a console peasant for immediate gratification and a bonus of costing virtually nothing.

And if one is a console peasant then, there should be discipline in the way one goes about making sure they have enough resources for theory crafting.

Have a set of characters (if you have alts) in 1 week / 1 month campaigns each earning at least 25k AP, always open green, blue and purple geodes first, keep the yellow and end of campaign reward geodes for long term storage.

Plan ahead as to what gear has to be transmuted and in what priority, this way you will save a lot of mats and the experience in my opinion is quite rewarding.

Just the way I do it.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »

Get enough RotW (through PvP in Cyro IC or BG) and you will have several golden geodes depending on your RNG. I have had times when I transmuted stuff just to make space in my inventory.

Yes but the OP stated not everyone PVP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, fully disagree. Who isn't drowning in these.

Earn 25k on each toon / alt per 30 day and that's a bucket load for starters. Save your ROTW and open one per day
    Edited by Beardimus on August 16, 2018 5:56AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

And I would like them to add fully leveled characters with all achievements unlocked to the crown store too!
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Yes!

And I would like them to add fully leveled characters with all achievements unlocked to the crown store too!

Don't forget vMA, vDSA Weapons and Perfected Cloudrest and Asylum sets, those should be added to crown store too :trollface:
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

Yes!

Don't forget them weekly rewards, I'd like to buy some golden rings off the crown store too!
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but NOPE.

Insults are not welcome here. If you are going to result to insulting my knowledge of the game please leave now. As some others have stated, 2 weeks is a long time. Some of use PvEers whom are trying to get Ravaging gear ready for trials don't want to wait 2 or more weeks in order to get enough to transmute 3+ traits. I would not mind it if they maybe increased the amount you get in geodes so it wouldn't take so long. Or made them available in guild stores etc. I do not favor having to do 10 normal trials just to get 50. Or 16 non-hm pledges. About the P2W subject, It would not be P2W if they put them in crown store because you still need to know the trait in order to transmute it and it becomes bound once you transmute the trait so you cant have anyone else do it for you. You still have to put in work enough to transmute traits. So if that is considered P2W then so is being able to buy Research Scrolls that lower the time it takes for the traits you need in order to transmute.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • First Random Dungeon Finder on each character.
    • First RftW mail per account (20k AP ~ 3 BG's, if you lose horribly.)
    • 10 count geode for end of 7 day campaigns, win or lose.
    • 50 count geode for end of 30 day campaigns, win or lose.
    • 3 Pledges.
    • Chance for drop from end boss of any 4 man, any time.
    • vMA.
    • 5 stones in every trial coffer per week.
    • Miscellaneous event boxes.

TL;DR; You're doing it wrong.

Get out and actually do something and you won't have an issue with stones.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are easy to get.....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    • 3 Pledges.
    • vMA.

Or you mean waste 120 hours of my life just to get 50 transmute crystals? 15+ mins for each random dungeon that's not including the time you will have to sit wasting away your life waiting in queue that will give you 1-2 crystals. 30+ mins per non-DLC HM pledge and again that's not counting the time waiting in queue that will give 1-5 crystals. Because you can forget about the DLC Pledge because no one wants to do these and if you are a DPS you may as well forget waiting in queue for this. 30-45 mins per normal trial to get 50 of these youd have to do 10. RotW assuming you get a good team, takes 30 mins to complete. I spend most of my time carrying my team with 20+ kills and thats assuming I can get a team that will stick with me. This will give you maybe 3-5 and i only BG on 2 characters because the rest are pve because I cant stand pvp. There are no events going on atm. Still having to wait 7 days for 7 day campaigns, still having to wait 30 days for 30 day campaigns. You see what im getting at here? The way in which you get these takes FAR too long. You will still continue to have an issue with stones until you get enough several weeks later. If you have the minimum of 120 hours to spend farming these things then good on you. But I do not because I would rather be doing other things then smashing my face into the grindstone for 120 hours.
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    They are easy to get.....

Yes 1 or 2 of them is easy to get. Getting 50+ takes a long time. I believe that has been established. But i mean if yall are so flooded with crystals and don't know what to do with them, send them to people who don't have the time to sit around grinding for weeks on end.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making the game easier for you does not make a better game for everyone.

And, since traits can have such a huge impact on character power, selling the Crystals in the Crown Store is Pay to Win. No other way to call it.

Besides, there are plenty build editors for your theory crafting.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would very much like another source of crystals for those of us who do not PvP or constantly do group content, but this is not it. Considering it is crafting related, add it to writs or something. Maybe add geodes to treasure chests, or have a rare chance of dropping from a blacksmith node.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JiDul wrote: »
    • 3 Pledges.
    • vMA.

Or you mean waste 120 hours of my life just to get 50 transmute crystals? 15+ mins for each random dungeon that's not including the time you will have to sit wasting away your life waiting in queue that will give you 1-2 crystals. 30+ mins per non-DLC HM pledge and again that's not counting the time waiting in queue that will give 1-5 crystals. Because you can forget about the DLC Pledge because no one wants to do these and if you are a DPS you may as well forget waiting in queue for this. 30-45 mins per normal trial to get 50 of these youd have to do 10. RotW assuming you get a good team, takes 30 mins to complete. I spend most of my time carrying my team with 20+ kills and thats assuming I can get a team that will stick with me. This will give you maybe 3-5 and i only BG on 2 characters because the rest are pve because I cant stand pvp. There are no events going on atm. Still having to wait 7 days for 7 day campaigns, still having to wait 30 days for 30 day campaigns. You see what im getting at here? The way in which you get these takes FAR too long. You will still continue to have an issue with stones until you get enough several weeks later. If you have the minimum of 120 hours to spend farming these things then good on you. But I do not because I would rather be doing other things then smashing my face into the grindstone for 120 hours.
    120 hours huh?

You can get minimum 8 stones an hour if you just do the HM non-DLC pledges on two characters, which aren't all that hard. You can even skip the days where the ugly ones pop up.

Last I checked, 50 divided by 8 is nowhere near 120. Save the geodes when you're not using them, and you'll end up with a back stock of them. And queue time excuse is BS. Be able to perform a different role, or go do something else. You're not obligated to stare at the wall while the queue pops. (You can even get three other impatient people and get it to pop instantly.)

RftW, like I say, 3 BG's, even if you lose horribly, will net you a 4-25 geode per day @7k AP per BG. You can get it in 2 BG's if you happen upon a decent team and get some extra AP from kills/assists, one if you really kick ass and take names.

The campaign rewards, those are per character. So yeah, you have to wait seven whole days for up to 150 stones (more actually, because you'll get some RftW mails in between) or thirty days to be able transmute up to 15 items outright.

Again, the Devs have provided multiple methods to earn these, and seriously increased the earn rate vs what it originally was.

Play the game, or don't. If this is something that you can't be bothered to do, I doubt you're going to see tremendous benefit from any transmuted gear anyway.

If the circumstance was reversed, I think I'd want to look into why it was taking me 10x longer than necessary to complete some of the content. (and that's assuming it takes up to 2x longer than what I've posted above.)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 13, 2018 5:58PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • 3 Pledges.
    • vMA.

And what's even the point of transmuting all your gear if you don't even play? Like if you don't want to play enough to even transmute gear rather than have to farm the ideal pieces, then what's even the point of transmuting it in the first place?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I would very much like another source of crystals for those of us who do not PvP or constantly do group content, but this is not it. Considering it is crafting related, add it to writs or something. Maybe add geodes to treasure chests, or have a rare chance of dropping from a blacksmith node.

If you don't do anything that needs BIS traits - why even have them?
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • 3 Pledges.
    • vMA.

120 hours huh?

You can get minimum 8 stones an hour if you just do the HM non-DLC pledges on two characters, which aren't all that hard. You can even skip the days where the ugly ones pop up.

You can do this. Most of us cannot. I agree with @JiDul in that earn rates are very poor for PvE activities. I don’t think the developers intended the earn rates to be quick, but getting 50 in a month doesn’t happen for many of us, much less the values you state here. This bothered me less before jewelrycrafting. Now, it is a huge obstacle for making use of that new system.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id buy some, its just a qol change and doesn't win the game for you. it wont add 5k dps to your build lol
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Starlock , even if it takes twice as long, even if you can't do the HM's and just do plain ordinary Vet, it's still nowhere near 120 hours. If you can't stand the dungeons on a given day, double up on another day with more than one character.

Do one vet pledge a day, pick the easy one, and it's guaranteed 60-150 stones a month, and that's if you only do it on a single character.

You can show up in Cyrodiil and help capture a few resources or ride the zerg by accident and get to Tier 3 in 30 days - that alone will net you 50 per character, guaranteed.

You can get 30 per month on a single character by doing a random norm each day. Please don't come back and say most people won't be able to do a random norm. Do that on three characters over the course of 30 days, and that's 150 stones.

Lose at BG's three times a day (< 1 hour, more likely less than 30 minutes, and if you lose horribly enough, it can be over before your queue cooldown is up.) and it's guaranteed 120 - 750 stones a month.

So well less than an hour a day, gets you 120 at absolute minimum.

Unless you just despise every piece of content that it used to earn them, I'm not buying it.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 13, 2018 8:29PM

Earn it.

• JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    @Starlock , even if it takes twice as long, even if you can't do the HM's and just do plain ordinary Vet, it's still nowhere near 120 hours. If you can't stand the dungeons on a given day, double up on another day with more than one character.

Do one vet pledge a day, pick the easy one, and it's guaranteed 60-150 stones a month, and that's if you only do it on a single character.

You can show up in Cyrodiil and help capture a few resources or ride the zerg by accident and get to Tier 3 in 30 days - that alone will net you 50 per character, guaranteed.

You can get 30 per month on a single character by doing a random norm each day. Please don't come back and say most people won't be able to do a random norm. Do that on three characters over the course of 30 days, and that's 150 stones.

Lose at BG's three times a day (< 1 hour, more likely less than 30 minutes, and if you lose horribly enough, it can be over before your queue cooldown is up.) and it's guaranteed 120 - 750 stones a month.

Unless you just despise every piece of content that it used to earn them, I'm not buying it.

How do you not see the problem with what you just said? Every one of those requires a full MONTH to get...
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you not see the problem with what you just said? Every one of those requires a full MONTH to get...

A full month of doing stuff that some of us don’t really do in the game, meaning we basically aren’t playing the game how we like to for that month. As I said before, it would be nice if there were more ways of earning crystals. In particular, I would add it to crafting writs, blacksmith nodes, and/or treasure chests as a % chance. I always thought it was super weird for a crafting-based functionality to have no sources actually from crafting.