The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

100% improvement rate not really 100%?

Ashryn
Ashryn
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice in the last week I've tried to improve a purple item to Gold and the item disappeared from my inventory. I had the right ingredients so that it showed that the chance for success was 100%, so why did it 'poof'? Is anyone else seeing this?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a thread where this happened to someone else send in a bug report you may get the items back
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Did it give you an improvement failed message? Or were you just stoned and failed to realize the item moved down the list as it’s quality changed. Also, did you upgrade an item in your bank and expect to find it in your bag? You may have some gold items in your bank.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please....the stoned joke fails big time :/ I did not get any failed message either time. I wasn't from my bank and I know how to search an inventory. I've improved many items as I've been crafting for over a year. The first time it happened, I chalked it up to a strange glitch perhaps, but twice? Now I'm wondering if this is a bug.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, cjhhickman39, for the info.

• weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I’ve made that mistake whilst stoned... so it wasn’t merely a joke.

Btw, if it “fails big time” you should provide some context... like, I’m devout Buddhist, or 12 years old, or a recovering alcoholic. Other than that, it is totally within the rhelm of possibility and something anyone whose ever tried inventory management high understands.
    Edited by weg0 on August 12, 2018 11:48PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items improved to gold will disappear from the crafting table interface ... because gold is the already the highest quality gear possible.

It’s a common player mistake to think they disappeared from inventory ... when they were only taken out of the list of items in the crafting table UI. If you leave the crafting table and check your inventory, the gold-improved items will still be there.

If that’s not the issue (and your stuff is really gone), send in a Support ticket to get them back.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Girl-Number8 posted about this on August 5 thread is on page 10 of general discussion title Help purple not upgrade
    Edited by cjhhickman39 on August 13, 2018 10:35AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, this used to be a bug a couple of years ago. Then they fixed it. I wonder if they brought back the old broken code. Zos really likes to bring back old broken code so I would not be surprised.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.