The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Final Assault/Open the Library Gate

Bluesteel222
Bluesteel222
Soul Shriven
I have played this over and over, After getting the "fire" in both hands by hitting keystroke "E", I cannot "fire" the fireballs at the targets using the key "E". Any use of the mouse causes my staff to appear and fire the fireballs which does nothing. How can I get the fireballs to be launched from my hands at the targets? My keyboard has all the defaults set to the game standards. Any help would be very appreciated! (Suggested fastest solution--allow mages to fire the fireballs from their staffs).
  • Bluesteel222
    Bluesteel222
    Soul Shriven
    HELP FOLKS! I've gotten mo answer to this problem.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done this quest in a while, but if I recall correctly, you'll need to target the big grills on the wall which should give you a prompt/allow you to fire the coldfire. Its always finicky for me, with having to move around to get to a position to target before the coldfire fades.
  • Bluesteel222
    Bluesteel222
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried that an unbelievable number of times. I just keep hitting "E" and nothing happens! Any time I do anything with my mouse, the staff comes up but that doesn't do anything but throw useless fireballs at the target. I wish someone - heck, anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or I will have to give up ever completing this quest with this character!
  • Bluesteel222
    Bluesteel222
    Soul Shriven
    Well another patch has come and gone with no resolution of the problem I wrote above again.
  • Bluesteel222
    Bluesteel222
    Soul Shriven
    HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!! After many, many attempts I finally got the the damn thing to work! You just have to be in the right spot and the "E" key will thrown the cold fire at the pipes!