The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning player LF best & latest graphical overhaul/reshade/etc addon's & performance enhancements

Casowen
Casowen
✭✭✭
Im sure someone here has gone though all the addons at https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/categories/18/?BH=0 and can hopefully just save me time and so forth. I yes I have summerset and morrowind, and want to play this game in all its possible glory. Im also something of an outfit collector :)

I only play at 1080p with a gtx 1070 and I7, but like to operate at 144hz. I suppose its not as demanding as 4k 60hz, but still quite high. So I welcome any late system tweaks via registry or applicable programs such as ram overclock or cpu/gpu clock mods.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons can't modify ESO's graphics. This is not a single player game.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votans Darker Nights ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1558-VotansDarkerNights.html ).
    It allows you to change how dark the nights are. Not the best but it is pretty good.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

to my understanding, it uses various in game features like distance blur or so forth, and messes around with the shading. Some of the ones in the link look rather good, just not sure about using it.

Anything in the way of windows tweaks and system enhancements?
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Casowen wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

to my understanding, it uses various in game features like distance blur or so forth, and messes around with the shading. Some of the ones in the link look rather good, just not sure about using it.

Anything in the way of windows tweaks and system enhancements?

Votan's Darker Nights adjusts gamma, which basically adjusts how bright or dim everything is.

What the OP is talking about is using ReShade to hook into the game rendering pipeline and apply additional effects that way. This is ... unclear. Technically, a TOS violation, but most games tend to shrug about it, especially because it will disable depth buffer access when the game is online, so you can't, eg, see through walls with it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want 144 Hz you will have to uncap the FPS which is limited to 100Hz.

You can use the MinFrameTime.2 setting in the usersetting.txt file. Use the formula 1/x to find the right number. So 1/144=0.0069 if you wanted the limit to be 144 Hz.
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Reshade is the best. I use Colorize and Luma Sharpened filters.