The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New CP160 Questions

HansProlo
HansProlo
✭✭
Hi,

finally I am CP160 and can start the gear grind and it just opens a huge (new) world to me in which i am currently lost, because going to 50/160 was just done by doing the same things over and over, doing random dungeon finder, main quest, random BG, dolmen-grind for FG, Psijic "grind", AP grind for Vigor...

i would need some tips around gearing up. I tried to look around random guild traders in wayrest and its rather difficult to find all your stuff. And its really expensive, having only 65k gold.

- how are you doing it / how did you do it? are you in great trading guilds, so you dont have to look to random guild traders? are you in guilds with nice crafters? where are the best/biggest guild traders usually? (PC EU)

- is there some place or addon to find out the common prices for common pieces? (for example spriggans, shackle, hundings, impregnable)

- do you start out with blue dungeon stuff and upgrade it to purple? is it the cheaper way to buy blue stuff and upgrade it to purple (--> yellow)?

- what do you do when you find a nice piece with the wrong trait? is it possible to change the trait on it, and if yes, how, and is it expensive?

- what is the minimum gear to start vet dungeons for monster sets and/or purple dungeon gear?

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    Hi,

finally I am CP160 and can start the gear grind and it just opens a huge (new) world to me in which i am currently lost, because going to 50/160 was just done by doing the same things over and over, doing random dungeon finder, main quest, random BG, dolmen-grind for FG, Psijic "grind", AP grind for Vigor...

i would need some tips around gearing up. I tried to look around random guild traders in wayrest and its rather difficult to find all your stuff. And its really expensive, having only 65k gold.

- how are you doing it / how did you do it? are you in great trading guilds, so you dont have to look to random guild traders? are you in guilds with nice crafters? where are the best/biggest guild traders usually? (PC EU)

- is there some place or addon to find out the common prices for common pieces? (for example spriggans, shackle, hundings, impregnable)

- do you start out with blue dungeon stuff and upgrade it to purple? is it the cheaper way to buy blue stuff and upgrade it to purple (--> yellow)?

- what do you do when you find a nice piece with the wrong trait? is it possible to change the trait on it, and if yes, how, and is it expensive?

- what is the minimum gear to start vet dungeons for monster sets and/or purple dungeon gear?

1. Congrats on making it to CP160, it gets real from here ;)
    2. The 'BiS' gear will be really expensive, I just forked out 150k on a Mother's Sorrow inferno staff, yes 1.
    3. I farmed for the most part tbh, dolmen for jewellery public dungeons for weapons, crafted gear for body. Only bought the last pieces from Zone chat since it's usually cheaper than guild stores.
    4. Tamriel Trade Centre is a good place to look for PC prices, you can then base around them if you're on console.
    5. Yes, I find purple stuff is usually twice the price of blue stuff, so I'm fine just upgrading it. Only exception is jewellery. For now I'd also only gold your weapons (if duel wield you only have to gold your main hand weapon).
    6. Yes you can 'transmute' gear, it costs 50 transmute crystals & can be done either in CWC or at someones house that has a transmute station. You obtain crystals from:
    - General PvP
    - PvP end of campaign rewards (50 per character per campaign!)
    - PvE Undaunted
    - PvE Random daily dungeon
    - PvE trials
    7. Tbh I run trials with people that use crafted gear (purple) with overland weapons/jewellery that still pull 35k dps. Vet dungeons should be fine to run, just not the DLC ones. Difficulty goes 1 < Un numbered non-dlc < 2 < DLC

Look on Alcasthq.com he usually lists 'beginner gear' which is crafted/cheap to get.

EDIT: I only trait change trial gear, jewellery & weapons since I'm too lazy to farm transmute crystals and transmute every piece of gear I get.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 13, 2018 4:25PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get in a guild, make friends with the crafter, you should just pay for mats. Sorted.

Close mates will prob give you gear too

Run dungeons with mates for the gear you need, and they will give you BOO stuff free at end.

Sorted.

Weapon needs to go gold ASAP. Rest purple is more than fine.

Also, decon all trash to level crafts. Easy. And you get a ton of mats means self sufficient later.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Find a good guild; good guilds usually have helpful crafters who are willing to make gear for guildies for a lower cost, or free if the guildie provides the materials.

Website Tamriel Trade Center should give a ballpark for prices.

Crafters can, if you don't have a maxed skill smith or clothier, improve items with fewer tempers, so it would be cheaper.

You can transmute traits on items, yes.

Not sure what you mean by minimum gear; in the lower levels when you outlevel gear quickly is a good time to try out the different sets and combinations of sets to find what works best for you and the way you play. Sort of the default for a dk is Hundings and Night Mother's Gaze, but it depends on what you're looking for. I have one of my dks in Hundings Rage and Morkuldin's [I like the ghost sword, in addition to the other stat boosts]. I've made Gladiator and Clever Alchemist for people for a certain build. It is really up to you and your playstyle.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to changing trait. Need 50 transmute gems. Easiest way, get tier 1 in a 30 day pvp campaign. Only needs 25k AP. At end of campaign you get 50 transmute crystals in the mail! Do on a few alts, sorted!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP