Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiils Ward does not match patch notes

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Patch notes say
Ward of Cyrodiil: Redesigned this item set.

OLD:
2: Stamina Recovery
3: Mounted Speed
4: Max Health
5: Increase the amount of damage you block by 8%.
NEW:
2: Weapon Damage
3: Stamina Recovery
4: Stamina Recovery
5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

What the items actually have:

UhdVstzl.jpg

And here I bought a bunch of boxes to get a set. That sucks.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it sucks, but honestly if you went out and bought stuff in advance of a patch in full knowledge that a patch was coming, then sorry, but more fool you. There's no guarantee that what goes in PTS patch notes or appears on PTS will go live - if you bought these before waiting for the final patch notes and update then I only have kind or limited sympathy. Need to learn patience.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passing issue along
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I agree that it sucks, but honestly if you went out and bought stuff in advance of a patch in full knowledge that a patch was coming, then sorry, but more fool you. There's no guarantee that what goes in PTS patch notes or appears on PTS will go live - if you bought these before waiting for the final patch notes and update then I only have kind or limited sympathy. Need to learn patience.

I bought a bunch AFTER the patch. Open the boxes, since you cant see whats inside with RNGesus packs, to finally get a sword and then look and find that stat.

But it doesnt really matter. Question is is the patch notes are right or the items are right. I'll earn the AP back and I am not asking for anything
    Edited by technohic on August 13, 2018 12:47PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never buy, upgrade, decon, destroy, sell, perm, or whatever to gear that close to a patch. Also a good idea to wait a week after patch cuz ya never know.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes indeed says one thing but the set itself says something else, which one is correct?
  • lpw
    lpw
    ✭✭✭
    Used the event to buy a full set of gold jewellery based on the patch notes :cry: Feels bad man.

Is this intended or will get a fix?
    Edited by lpw on August 13, 2018 12:52PM
    ///// AD Master Race Since 2014 /////

Sindri al'Atreyu | Wood Elf Templar
    Eivii | Wood Elf Nightblade
    Saurmia | High Elf Magicka Templar

PC/EU - Beta Tester
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpw wrote: »
    Used the event to buy a full set of gold jewellery based on the patch notes :cry: Feels bad man.

Will this get a fix?

Damn man. I feel like I got off easy. I saw but didnt want to take the risk then.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda hard to feel sorry for someone whose plan was to go around defiling everybody >:)
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda hard to feel sorry for someone whose plan was to go around defiling everybody >:)

Not all my characters are a sorc who can 100-0 someone in a single rune cage burst. Or a NB who was a nice ultimate to keep it applied. The mortal classes actually have a hard time if their target can heal to full
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    I like how people here hasn't read the post really. Point of the OP is which one is correct? patch notes or the in game set :D
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno another mistake was made in natch potes. Please fix.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    I like how people here hasn't read the post really. Point of the OP is which one is correct? patch notes or the in game set :D
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno another mistake was made in natch potes. Please fix.
    Epona222 wrote: »

Roflcoptor goes woosh woosh woosh
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Gina had the patchnotes posted early and might have finally taken a break so maybe tagging @ZOS_JessicaFolsom would be a good idea.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that the itemization team went from ruining a great, unique set bonus no one wanted changed (15% mounted speed bonus) and went to utterly ruining the set.

I have a lot of pieces of this set but certainly not due to the changed version(s) but for the speed bonus. Cyrodiil is a big, big place. At one point long ago you could get from one corner to the other, mounted and sprinting, in a bit over 9 minutes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, the patch notes are what’s intended to be showing, but unfortunately the change wasn’t made in-game yet. It’ll be coming to an incremental patch. Apologies for the confusion!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Patch notes say
    Ward of Cyrodiil: Redesigned this item set.

OLD:
    2: Stamina Recovery
    3: Mounted Speed
    4: Max Health
    5: Increase the amount of damage you block by 8%.
    NEW:
    2: Weapon Damage
    3: Stamina Recovery
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

What the items actually have:

UhdVstzl.jpg

And here I bought a bunch of boxes to get a set. That sucks.

aaah right. Don't worry Gina will fix the typo in the patch notes for you right away ! ;)
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, the patch notes are what’s intended to be showing, but unfortunately the change wasn’t made in-game yet. It’ll be coming to an incremental patch. Apologies for the confusion!

Thank you :)

Though we miss the mounted speed bonus.
    Can you please add mounted speed bonus to one of the other item sets ?
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incremental patch a few weeks/months from now?

Heh.
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    when i saw this in game i thought i missed something, glad its unintended and will be changed to match the notes
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory ...

cyVxXsd.jpg