Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: PC/MAC - Home Capacity Increase Token

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid idea.

Homes that have a 700 furnishing limit are junk because they offer little to no customisation for the amount of items and size of home. ZOS have yet to link the poor/declining house sales to this prehistoric furnishing limit.

Your solution is to charge customers more to somehow correct a mistake/limitation ZOS have intentionally put in place :trollface:
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Stupid idea.

Homes that have a 700 furnishing limit are junk because they offer little to no customisation for the amount of items and size of home. ZOS have yet to link the poor/declining house sales to this prehistoric furnishing limit.

Your solution is to charge customers more to somehow correct a mistake/limitation ZOS have intentionally put in place :trollface:

Its not a solution to rectify a mistake. It is a solution to extend a premium housing experience to those who pay more.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Here is my confusion. A sweet roll and separate loaf of bread count as two items. But in the crown store there is a stack of 5 pieces bread and 3 sweet rolls that count as 1 item.

And if you've noticed the author of the post I linked suggests adding more of those "many items in one item" as a possible solution. A table with 4 plates and 4 cups takes 9 slots. But why don't we have an already served table available as a single furniture piece? Asking for more of those items is an actual solution. Asking for more slots is not going to help.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid idea.

Its not a solution to rectify a mistake. It is a solution to extend a premium housing experience to those who pay more.

In my experience it is to rectify a mistake. Look at the homes in ESO and you will see similar size or smaller containing many more items than 700. These are public and not private instances which leans towards a private/capped isntance of ~25 should be able to handle more than 700 items.

Additionally housing should of been released with the base game. We would be talking more about functionality now if it had of been rather than some prehistoric 700 furnishing cap.

Some people are paying the top cost for these houses, premium. Adding additional charges to this is stupid, especially on a house basis and not account wide.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my confusion. A sweet roll and separate loaf of bread count as two items. But in the crown store there is a stack of 5 pieces bread and 3 sweet rolls that count as 1 item.

And if you've noticed the author of the post I linked suggests adding more of those "many items in one item" as a possible solution. A table with 4 plates and 4 cups takes 9 slots. But why don't we have an already served table available as a single furniture piece? Asking for more of those items is an actual solution. Asking for more slots is not going to help.

However, if systems allow for my solution, which do you think would be easier to implement?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, if systems allow for my solution, which do you think would be easier to implement?

Well your solution is technically impossible. You really think ZOS wouldn't sell you more housing slots if they could?
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they thought of implementing it in this manner, hence my suggestion. Its not impossible, stop being so dramatic.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that holds me back from spending my RL money on homes is the inablity to furnish them due to item limit. Creativity is confined to a corner of a 700 slot home. I really love this part of the game (REALLY!) but there is this one thing...

@Dangerlucy and I started a homestead guild, that is now always at max capacity with active players, (Divine Design Alliance) and the constant lament, every single day from every single one of us is- THE ITEM LIMIT. I want to build a city! Or a mountian out of quills... A grand castle... etc. Also I would buy three Pariahs if I could have more then one- so I could realize more then one idea in there- I have many but am stuck with the one due to item limits.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short story:

1. Customer buys 7 of them
    2. He places another 700 items inside
    3. Now he have 1400 items in his house
    4. Customer starts getting serious performance issues when loading to the house
    5. Customer asks for refund because the lag and low fps in his house makes it unplayable
    6. ZOS refunds and lose $
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    The only thing that holds me back from spending my RL money on homes is the inablity to furnish them due to item limit. Creativity is confined to a corner of a 700 slot home. I really love this part of the game (REALLY!) but there is this one thing...

@Dangerlucy and I started a homestead guild, that is now always at max capacity with active players, (Divine Design Alliance) and the constant lament, every single day from every single one of us is- THE ITEM LIMIT. I want to build a city! Or a mountian out of quills... A grand castle... etc. Also I would buy three Pariahs if I could have more then one- so I could realize more then one idea in there- I have many but am stuck with the one due to item limits.

Divine Design Alliance is a great community and one of my favorite things to be part of in ESO. A lot of us spend a lot of RL money to support the ongoing decorating contests and to support the love of making something special within ESO. But we are really limited in the current state. I know ESO would make a significant profit if this suggestion was implemented; enough to pay for additional servers, as required.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Short story:

1. Customer buys 7 of them
    2. He places another 700 items inside
    3. Now he have 1400 items in his house
    4. Customer starts getting serious performance issues when loading to the house
    5. Customer asks for refund because the lag and low fps in his house makes it unplayable
    6. ZOS refunds and lose $

There is no way that 1400 items in a large house would hinder stability, especially those mansions that have multiple zones.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't milk on it yet. The performance limitation must be really a thing.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should ZOS offer more furniture space in houses? Absolutely yes.

Should ZOS charge even more money for this, on top of extremely expensive houses and furniture? Absolutely not.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solutions for most homes - formally divide them into zones. Inside outside is the most obvious. If 700 is some sore of real limit then just make it 700 outside and 700 inside and when you pass through a door load the other area.

On the other side I don't understand the 700 limit. Are there only 700 items in Auridon or Stonefalls? Why are houses different?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    Simple solutions for most homes - formally divide them into zones. Inside outside is the most obvious. If 700 is some sore of real limit then just make it 700 outside and 700 inside and when you pass through a door load the other area.

On the other side I don't understand the 700 limit. Are there only 700 items in Auridon or Stonefalls? Why are houses different?

They already are divided. My Tel Galen has like 3 parts of it, with a short load screen in between. So the whole argument of performance is moot anyway, making Tel Galen have 700 + 700 + 700 item limit would in no way whatsoever change the performance from the current model of just 700 slots in total. You can still put these 700 slots in one of the three minizones.
    It's just a smokescreen to cover up the real reasons why they aren't giving us more slots.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    They already are divided.

Well, not all of them.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Hey, you just payed 100€ for a god damn virtual home. How about you pay another 50€ to be able to properly decorate it?"

No, housing slots should be vastly increased FOR FREE. And as far as I recall it they stated that this should be coming at some point, when it's possible performance wise. But then again we have been promised performance changes for multiple years and basically nothing changed, so who knows.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    They already are divided.

Well, not all of them.

Not all, but many are, every house with an outdoor area, for instance.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid idea.

Homes that have a 700 furnishing limit are junk because they offer little to no customisation for the amount of items and size of home.

Not true at all.

The item cap most needs increasing, BUT...

Those who claim it's impossible to work with the current limit and make anything unique are not being truthful. It is possible, very possible, you just have to make sacrifices somewhere. I often wind up blocking off a room or two to make the other rooms filled with detail.

This is NOT ideal, and I desperately want increases. But, it is very possible to heavily customize manors. I just hate seeing people not even try because they think it's impossible. I have four 700/700 manors and none of them look empty in the least.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid idea.

Homes that have a 700 furnishing limit are junk because they offer little to no customisation for the amount of items and size of home.

Not true at all.

The item cap most needs increasing, BUT...

Those who claim it's impossible to work with the current limit and make anything unique are not being truthful. It is possible, very possible, you just have to make sacrifices somewhere. I often wind up blocking off a room or two to make the other rooms filled with detail.

This is NOT ideal, and I desperately want increases. But, it is very possible to heavily customize manors. I just hate seeing people not even try because they think it's impossible. I have four 700/700 manors and none of them look empty in the least.

"Block room" doesn't sound like possibility to decorate house propherly. You can decorate normally part of house - or you can decorate all, but with incredebly small amount of details that makes house to look live. So yes, that's impossible to normally decorate greatests houses ("houses", not "parts of them"!) with current limits.

I filled already 693/700 in my Erstwhile Sanctuary (will be 700/700), and it's not enough for what I want - even with one hall staying with only default furniture. And that hall (first big, with waterfalls) at least allows it!
    (And there is no normal-sized closed coffins in game. Why there is no normal-sized closed coffins in game?!)
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    "Hey, you just payed 100€ for a *** **** virtual home. How about you pay another 50€ to be able to properly decorate it?"

No, housing slots should be vastly increased FOR FREE. And as far as I recall it they stated that this should be coming at some point, when it's possible performance wise. But then again we have been promised performance changes for multiple years and basically nothing changed, so who knows.

The incentive for ESO to make a change like this is revenue. If this was implemented, perhaps a token would show up rarely as a monthly reward or for ESO+ loyalty.
  • AONomad
    AONomad
    I'm pretty sure people who are big into housing are the whales of the whales in this game. It would be really interesting to see stats but I'm sure the Pareto principle applies and 20% of people account for 80% of crown store sales. Taking that a step further, I'm guessing 1% of people account for 30-50% of crown store sales. That's the housing crowd.

We can debate back and forth whether spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on cosmetics and housing is worth it, but ultimately that varies per individual, everyone has different circumstances.

What cannot be debated is that OP's proposal, even if it further encourages ZOS to be hyper-greedy, would create a lot of value to the people who are playing a vital role in funding this game.

I've personally spent maybe $600-800 on this game, most of that for housing. I would without a doubt buy furnishing slot increases for several of my homes. Honestly, I would pay 2000 crowns to add 100 additional slots. I wouldn't do it for all of my houses, but for certain ones where I really badly want more slots, those 2000 crowns would add significant value to my enjoyment of the rest of the house.

I did not buy Aldmeri Grotto or Princely Dawnlight Palace because they did not have enough slots. If furnishing slot increasest had been an option, I would have bought Princely Dawnlight and dumped money into slot increases, no question about it.
  • AONomad
    AONomad
    And as for the people saying housing slots should be increased for free, there are two problems with that:

1. Making it a paid upgrade adds a "buyer beware" aspect to it, so only people who have good enough computing power would buy them, and people with slower computers wouldn't be frustrated that they can't fill up their houses.

2. Those of us who actually want this to be released are compromising and letting ZOS know that we are ready and willing to pay, because that would incentivize them to release it quicker.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    "Hey, you just payed 100€ for a g******n virtual home. How about you pay another 50€ to be able to properly decorate it?"

The limit is doubled for ESO+, I am suggesting additional space for a premium.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on August 15, 2018 3:20AM
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AONomad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure people who are big into housing are the whales of the whales in this game. It would be really interesting to see stats but I'm sure the Pareto principle applies and 20% of people account for 80% of crown store sales. Taking that a step further, I'm guessing 1% of people account for 30-50% of crown store sales. That's the housing crowd.

We can debate back and forth whether spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on cosmetics and housing is worth it, but ultimately that varies per individual, everyone has different circumstances.

What cannot be debated is that OP's proposal, even if it further encourages ZOS to be hyper-greedy, would create a lot of value to the people who are playing a vital role in funding this game.

I've personally spent maybe $600-800 on this game, most of that for housing. I would without a doubt buy furnishing slot increases for several of my homes. Honestly, I would pay 2000 crowns to add 100 additional slots. I wouldn't do it for all of my houses, but for certain ones where I really badly want more slots, those 2000 crowns would add significant value to my enjoyment of the rest of the house.

I did not buy Aldmeri Grotto or Princely Dawnlight Palace because they did not have enough slots. If furnishing slot increasest had been an option, I would have bought Princely Dawnlight and dumped money into slot increases, no question about it.

Thank you for reiterating the concept of individual home increases. The idea is to give the ability for a few select homes to have their capacity increased; which is very important for guild halls or player mansions. I believe that this way, the server stress would be limited (as not everyone will increase all 34 houses).

I also understand that not everyone spends money on ESO, which is why the designers have allowed crown store items to be gifted. I know that if this is implemented, these will be dropped in my raffles. Also, for those who do subscribe to ESO+, these would likely be seen in monthly rewards or the new loyalty rewards that are coming down the line.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »

Divine Design Alliance is a great community and one of my favorite things to be part of in ESO. A lot of us spend a lot of RL money to support the ongoing decorating contests and to support the love of making something special within ESO. But we are really limited in the current state. I know ESO would make a significant profit if this suggestion was implemented; enough to pay for additional servers, as required.

100% Agree with everything said. Also, DDA is an amazing guild with very talented and awesome people.

I work mostly on and love "details" and some homes tend to look bare if I try and furnish every room the way I'd like. Thus, some of us end up closing off a portion of a home in order to decorate other areas. What good is a fork furnishing when little details like that sometimes must be omitted from a "scene" in order to furnish an entire home? A fork takes up much less space than a bed, but both use one slot.
    Edited by Delphinia on August 15, 2018 1:50PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I said this already but unless one addresses it be reason Zos has limited furnishings as they have the token suggestion, or any other means to suggest increasing the cap, seems rather DOA.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

100% Agree with everything said. Also, DDA is an amazing guild with very talented and awesome people.

I work mostly on and love "details" and some homes tend to look bare if I try and furnish every room the way I'd like. Thus, some of us end up closing off a portion of a home in order to decorate other areas. What good is a fork furnishing when little details like that sometimes must be omitted from a "scene" in order to furnish an entire home? A fork takes up much less space than a bed, but both use one slot.

Delphinia loves flowers, I love flowers, but the question is do you? If so, give us the ability to truly beautify our homes.
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    I’m definitely on board with this suggestion; like Nomad, I chose not to purchase the Grotto simply because a space that size cannot be adequately furnished with 700 items. Am hopeful that in future, ZOS may at least be able to provide more ‘zoned’ housing (interior areas + exterior) with a more generous, zone-specific item count for each area.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid idea.

In my experience it is to rectify a mistake. Look at the homes in ESO and you will see similar size or smaller containing many more items than 700. These are public and not private instances which leans towards a private/capped isntance of ~25 should be able to handle more than 700 items.

Additionally housing should of been released with the base game. We would be talking more about functionality now if it had of been rather than some prehistoric 700 furnishing cap.

Some people are paying the top cost for these houses, premium. Adding additional charges to this is stupid, especially on a house basis and not account wide.

Those more than 700 items that you think you see are actually just a few items. In your house you can move a cup on a table where ever you wish. In the NPC houses those cups are never moved. That table and everything on it is basically one item. In your house the server needs to determine where that cup is in relation to the table and everything else on the table to render them. In the NPC house the server does not need to calculate any of that as they are considered one item.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."