Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Having Fun ???

Thetroj
Thetroj
Im just wondering if everyone is having as much fun as they thought they would?
Also if you are finding the interface difficult to master? (especially if you have played another MMO for a long period of time)
or if this is your first MMO I'd be interested to hear on your thoughts :smile:
Reason for this intrest is, I was thinking of introducing someone to thier first MMO and wanted to know any issues for first timers.
Thanks in advance
>:)TheTroj >:)
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a blast, I love this game, other MMO's just aren't fun anymore.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO was my first real MMO. During beta testing a friend of mine, MMO veteran, introduced me to another MMO. It became abundantly clear that months of playing ESO, long term tester, had not clued me in much at all on how traditional MMOs play. ESO feels more like the Elder Scrolls game, life long fan, just with other people.

I like it. Also ESO feels a lot less daunting than the the other game in terms of figuring things out. As long as you take it slow, if they are not familiar with either MMOs or Elder Scrolls, it's an easy game to pick up.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the game - it's scratching a particular itch that several other games have come close to, but not succeeded at.

I'm used to almost all MMO game interfaces throwing me off for awhile, and I just bought an entirely new keyboard/mouse/keypad layout, so yes, the interface is throwing me off a bit, but I don't think that's particularly the fault of ESO.

There are features that I'm not *entirely* fond of, but in general, I think it's a solid foundation - solid enough that I'm quite satisfied to play as-is for the time being, and see how things turn out in 6 months or so.

biggest issue I would warn a new MMO player about...
    1 - Crafting *sounds* terrifyingly complicated - and it mostly is. You'll get used to it, but fortunately, it's not terribly critical, so, if you don't get it at first, that's okay - you'll have time, and it'll come.

2 - Grouping up is *hard* in this game. There are a lot of game features that make keeping up with your allies difficult, and not enough tools to make keeping track of them easy. Hopefully, there will be some refinements to the grouping system in the near future, but for now, you're gonna have to work hard, probably harder than you should *have* to work, to keep up with a friend - but it's worth it

In general, like I said - I think this game is just as good a game as any to introduce someone to MMO's, and better than most in the area of Storytelling. But, some of the advanced systems will take some time to figure out (like crafting), and sadly, the grouping system is going to be harder and less intuitive than it ought to be.

hope that helps...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    I'm having a blast, just wish there was a more reliable healing item. Other than that I like how fast pace it is and feels like you need a bit of skill with dodging and blocking. A lot of other MMO's I've played you have no way to dodge/block damage so this is a nice change of pace.
    The King is Here!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving it, if anything it's eating to much into time that I should be spending around the house, mowing lawns, that sort of thing.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Thetroj
    Thetroj
    kijima wrote: »
    I'm loving it, if anything it's eating to much into time that I should be spending around the house, mowing lawns, that sort of thing.

Hahahaha my kind of game :smile:

>:)TheTroj >:)
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a ton of fun.

Immersive play is the way to play. There's some amazing add-ons out already using the Wykkyd framework that hide portions of the HUD, so you can run around with nothing but the crosshair showing (or even disable that), with health/mana/stamina only popping up during combat. It's very immersive.

I hope they stick to their guns and continue promoting lore and immersion over the "follow the sparkly trail" theme from other MMOs. Every other company to date caved in under the overwhelming pressure of the "gimme it now" MMO crowd. Only time will tell.
    [beta_group_85b_9]