The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What healing class should i use when playing with a friend?

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
I'm sure there are two healing classes right now, templar, and the warden class or what ever it was called. I would like some advice on which one would work better when playing with a friend and also solo? what are the pros and cons to each?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both work fine ... Templar has a bit more burst heals, but Wardens are excellent with buff support combined heals.

You’ll have to decide which playstyle you like better.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're new to the game, templar (magicka) is the single easiest class to start with. The very first skill you get in each of the three class skill lines, plus the first two skills in the Destructive staff line, taken together, are enough to get you through the whole game. (Note: Reflective Light is often underrated, but what I said is true even if you don't like that skill as well as I do.)

Also easy is sorcerer (magicka), if you like playing with pets, but you don't get a good skill with which to heal your friend until the third skill in the Daedric Summoning line. (That does come quite quickly.)

Nightblade (magicka) is a little harder to play than those two, but it's not bad, and the Funnel Health skill is awesome for giving a friend heals every second.

Warden is unique in that you can heal decently with it even if you play a stamina character (i.e. physical weapons rather than magical staffs). Magicka warden is also a perfectly decent spec.

Dragonknight is the one thing you should avoid if you're new to the game and want to heal.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 11, 2018 12:36AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run duo alot. I have a full healing magplar and I have a full dps magsorc who happens to run with Twilight Matriarch for its burst heal.

Thing is, when you are a duo, you both need some durability, dps and healing. I find as a duo that the magsorc works better - she is tanky, does heavy dps and can burst heal either or both of us when needed. For more than a duo, I prefer the full healer, with her ability to heal/buff numerous allies at once.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on August 11, 2018 2:41AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there are two healing classes right now, templar, and the warden class or what ever it was called. I would like some advice on which one would work better when playing with a friend and also solo? what are the pros and cons to each?

No there are 5 healing classes.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden has better area-of-effect heals, which is useful for multiple people.
    Templar is better at returning magicka or stamina to your group mates.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say warden :)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagBlade, run funnel & refreshing. When running duo you should really both be DPS specced with self sustain.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    MagBlade, run funnel & refreshing. When running duo you should really both be DPS specced with self sustain.
    Yes, its just needed that one has an heal, not really needing an resto staff here, still its nice to level it for dungeons and trials.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Yes, its just needed that one has an heal, not really needing an resto staff here, still its nice to level it for dungeons and trials.

When I run duo's I'm effectively healing myself & the other for around 3k hps just doing a normal DPS rotation, if the other person is also a MagBlade then that's 6k hps each, literally no need for a healer. (plus there's the 1.5k hps you get from Light Attack weaving with siphoning).
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS