Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hotbar question

Maestro_Sartori
Maestro_Sartori
✭✭✭
Hello

I can't seem to find anywhere in the configurations on how you can add more hot bars and or slots for your abilities.

Thanks
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only have one hotbar for a maximum of 6 skills. At lvl 15, you can swap weapons in combat, adding another hotbar and other 6 skills
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Oh okay didn't know that, but what If I don't want to swap weapons. Be nice to have access to more then 6 skills with my current build...

Edited by Maestro_Sartori on April 3, 2014 3:35PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the same weapon in the 2 hotbars so you are swapping to same weapon
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    You can use the same weapon in the 2 hotbars so you are swapping to same weapon

lol thats ridiculous why not just have a 12 skill hot bar then...

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you are supposed to have a lot of skills to chose from, but only 5+1 slots.
    This isn't a wowclone, it's an action RPG
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Because you are supposed to have a lot of skills to chose from, but only 5+1 slots.

Never played Wow so can't make any comparisons there....

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rift? TOR? Well, it's not a tab target+hotbar game
  • Tabia
    Tabia

That wasnt necessary, wow has nothing to do with it...

I too feel the 5 + 1 is too restrictive. Im level 12. I have 3 buttons from shadow for melee and 2 from bow. Last night to fill my soul gems, i had to remove one. It is silly not having access to skills i have bought because of a hotbar limit.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabia wrote: »

That wasnt necessary, wow has nothing to do with it...

I too feel the 5 + 1 is too restrictive. Im level 12. I have 3 buttons from shadow for melee and 2 from bow. Last night to fill my soul gems, i had to remove one. It is silly not having access to skills i have bought because of a hotbar limit.

Why unnecessary? The typical wow clone works with tab target and then 40 skills to press. This doesn't work like that, more in line with the new trend (GW2,TSW) of reducing the number of skills you have available while having a large pool. It's also an action RPG and they tend to work in this way. I like it, gives more customization options and I have to think instead of face rolling a long row of buttons or make macros...

BTW in EQ you had like 4 skills till lvl 40...
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why you guys keep comparing this to other games. I'd just like to have a little more access to skills and like the previous poster said they had to change out a skill just to fill a soul gem which is a peta...
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    I don't know why you guys keep comparing this to other games. I'd just like to have a little more access to skills and like the previous poster said they had to change out a skill just to fill a soul gem which is a peta...

Exactly! I played wow and the extreme number of buttons wasnt necessary and just bogged down the UI. I also played GW2 and I dont remember ever not buying a skill cause it wouldnt fit on my hotbar.

Im not asking for 40 buttons but I do think the 5 + 1 is too restrictive.
  • Nirriti58
    Nirriti58
    I'm struggling with the same thing. Not enough hotbar space and moving around to get into position for combat is just nuts. Can't get the hang of the combat system at all. I feel its very clunky and not user friendly. Actually, I feel this game is not welcoming to folks trying out this title for the first time. Unless one has played the other games, you're lost.

Another issue is whacking/casting continuously with the mouse is a gonna cause serious repetitive stress injuries for some folks. Yep, I'm an old fart and that's a concern.

Overall, will have to play around with remapping my keyboard to make the game playable at all.
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    Another thing... The versatility in ESO is huge and a big draw for me. I love being able to play any combo I want. The 5 + 1 will put restrictions on that versatility. It is already limiting the skill trees i put points in only because i have no more room to use its skills.
  • rickeyd
    rickeyd
    Soul Shriven
    6 skills in the action bar is more than ridiculous, it's stupid. I'm gong back to SWTOR. I thought it was boring, but this game is even worse. I feel ripped off.
    Edited by rickeyd on April 4, 2014 1:26AM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Rift? TOR? Well, it's not a tab target+hotbar game

Not a tab target? LOL! Roll a mage or archer.