Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can play Morrowind without buying it?

LennardF1989
I've owned ESO since the starting days, and every once in a while I return. Having downloaded the game today again, I loaded up and was immediately greeted with a Morrowind intro. Existing characters can teleport to Vvardenfell and accept quests in that area. When I try to look in the Crown Store or Collections, the game doesn't make mention of me owning Morrowind (and even offers to "Unlock Permanently). While I certainly don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, is this supposed to be this way? And if it is, what made it so I can access the Morrowing content, was it gifted to me but the game simply doesn't reflect it properly?
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    the morrowind zone has become a DLC and is therefore covered by eso+, battlegrounds from the morrowind chapter became part of the base game so you have those now and finally the warden class became purchasable from the crown store separately, they'll probably do the same with summerset when the next chapter launches or they'll change the way they offer the game yet again, who knows ;)

you're given the option to "Unlock Permanently" because you'll lose access to morrowind should your eso+ run out.

unless of course you don't have eso+ in which case it's a bug, there's quite a few in eso ;)
    Edited by Cuthceol on August 9, 2018 1:35AM
  • LennardF1989
    I don't have ESO+, I did buy it a few times. Just going to consider it a gift for being a long time player then :P
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    could it be the case that with the current ESO free trial morrowind is included in this? Maybe that is why you are greeted with the Morrowind Intro instead of the holy old one c:
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • LennardF1989
    That could be the case, but that would mean everyone should be able to teleport the Vvardenfell then I presume :)
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    ah yes, didn't notice they had a free play event up with access to Vvardenfell specifically added :)
    Edited by Cuthceol on August 9, 2018 12:34PM