Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nuzhimeh the Merchant - worst 5k crowns waste

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Why? Easy:
1. She can't repair things.
2. She doesn't sell anything - no repair kits, or soul gems, just nothing.

All she can do is buy your stuff. Totally worth of 5k crowns, yeah (not).

I can understand when Pirharri the Smuggler are not able to launder and she fencing with 35% tax, because it's "free" (if didn't remember about DLC price)

But here is 5k crowns literally for 'meh' service.

ZOS, are you planning to improve her?
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She fits the definition consumer, not a merchant.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She fits the definition consumer, not a merchant.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya i love having her. I can offload my bag from anywhere. As advertised IMO.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: PUG a dozen or so dungeons and fill up your bag.
    Step 2: Sell all garbage right there.
    Step 3: Bank all new gold and interesting set pieces right there. (Optional)
    Step 4: Repeat endlessly without ever even looking at a crowded city hub full of flappy twilights and dueling randos.

The banker and merchant are the best things I've ever bought on the crown store by far. Use them as they're intended, and you can't possibly be disappointed.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Step 4: Repeat endlessly without ever even looking at a crowded city hub full of flappy twilights and dueling randos.

The banker and merchant are the best things I've ever bought on the crown store by far. Use them as they're intended, and you can't possibly be disappointed.

Well, I can just store any trash in the 'Junk' tab of my Bank and sell it later. I even have addons for that and didn't need to bother with it manually.
    Banker is ok, really good one.
    But Merchant is not worth 5k completely. 1,5-2k, not more in her current state.

They need to add her ability to repair gear or give her usual merchants stock for sale.
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people seem so lazy lol

I just goto town occasionally lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger issue is the banker, no guild bank / store access.

I get the merchant complaint but who isn't drowning in repair kits? I have like a 1000
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. This 5k merchant with no basic merchant options is pure ripoff.
    She should sell lockpicks, soulgems and repair kits, as normal merchants do.
    I would love to see her repair stuff but if not, at least selling basic QoL items would be normal to expect from a 35 euros asset.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought her only for housing. And I was surprised, I had owned the Banker since their release. Had I known how useful she would be I would have bought her immediately. I use her far more than I do my banker, when I am out on my farming expeditions.

Of course, I still do believe she should be full service, as well as the banker but her even more so.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • K1NGPALM3R1
    K1NGPALM3R1
    ✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Why? Easy:
    1. She can't repair things.
    2. She doesn't sell anything - no repair kits, or soul gems, just nothing.

All she can do is buy your stuff. Totally worth of 5k crowns, yeah (not).

I can understand when Pirharri the Smuggler are not able to launder and she fencing with 35% tax, because it's "free" (if didn't remember about DLC price)

But here is 5k crowns literally for 'meh' service.

ZOS, are you planning to improve her?

Yeah its a shame you can't repair your gear with her but it's not what is advertised. When speed leveling at alkir or spellscar she is ideal. With basic amount of inventory slots they fill up quickly being able to offload on the spot is perfect.

Be nice if you could rename her, Question is what would you call her? ;)
    MagSorc - Lorddaley PVE
    MagDK - Zantho PVP
    Stamblade - Erindos PVP
    MagSorc - GetRekt PVP
    VHR, VAA,VAS, VMA, VMOL,
    'Ah that mudcrab had a set of greaves on him'
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the merchant, allows me to dump pack more easily when farming.

And no, she should NOT have the ability to repair. This is an MMO and interaction with the community and other town areas of the game is needed. This NPC shouldnt be a one stop shop to do all the things that other NPC town vendors can do. Same concept applies to banker.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From leveling alts that merchant has made me at least 1 million gold. You can pick up everything and sell along the way.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you. I havent bought the merchant because she can’t repair.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no, she should NOT have the ability to repair
    If you dislike some functions - you can just not use them. Easy.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased the banker because it makes it much easier to swap gear between characters but there is no way I will be purchasing the merchant until she is able to repair gear. Anything that is colored or intricate I'm going to deconstruct anyways, not sell so I need to go back to a town to empty my inventory anyways. Merchant is just not very useful to me.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭

Beat me to it.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the people complaining are people who don't have multiple alts, who aren't leveling new characters, who aren't questing, or who don't have multiple sets of armor in their inventory... otherwise they would see how extremely useful both of them are.

No need to run up and down roads looking for merchant when your inventory is full, no need to stop questing when your inventory is full, no need to stop running dolemens when your inventory is full... did I mention inventory being full?!?

The banker is great for offloading items I need to decon or sell later. Merchant is great for buying quest or dropped items so I don't have to break off from questing/dolemens to find a merchant. Basically, what I spent on these two ever since they came out, they have more than made up for in time savings.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caveat Emptor.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Merchant is great for buying quest or dropped items so I don't have to break off from questing/dolemens to find a merchant.
    I said all before:
    Well, I can just store any trash in the 'Junk' tab of my Bank and sell it later. I even have addons for that and didn't need to bother with it manually

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchant is great for buying quest or dropped items so I don't have to break off from questing/dolemens to find a merchant.
    I said all before:
    Well, I can just store any trash in the 'Junk' tab of my Bank and sell it later. I even have addons for that and didn't need to bother with it manually

Sorry, but 'junk' tab is where I keep all the quest 'disguises' or other items I want to keep in my inventory that I don't want filling my main inventory.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said all before:

Sorry, but 'junk' tab is where I keep all the quest 'disguises' or other items I want to keep in my inventory that I don't want filling my main inventory.

Your unwillingness to use addons doesn't adds more sense to Merchant's meh stance, sorry.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And no, she should NOT have the ability to repair. This is an MMO and interaction with the community and other town areas of the game is needed. This NPC shouldnt be a one stop shop to do all the things that other NPC town vendors can do. Same concept applies to banker.

Except if I ever use a merchant in town, I'm not doing it to hang out.

I'm going to Shornhelm, or any less crowded place with a nearby merchant, repairing and porting back out.

That said: I only buy repair kits from Guild vendors and that = less to repair than using a merchant.

So no, this being an mmo has nothing to do with my needing to visit a town.

I don't care at all what's going on in any random town.

I've legit had friends drop ultis on my head before I even clock their presence.

I've even learned to 'tune out' mudballers, music players etc- which is why when someone is trying to /wave at me, it takes fire from the heavens for me to take notice! ;-)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, putting items in Junk Status does not reduce your inventory count.

I am surprised you did not research what the Merchant could or could not do before purchasing it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think most of the people complaining are people who don't have multiple alts, who aren't leveling new characters, who aren't questing, or who don't have multiple sets of armor in their inventory... otherwise they would see how extremely useful both of them are.

No need to run up and down roads looking for merchant when your inventory is full, no need to stop questing when your inventory is full, no need to stop running dolemens when your inventory is full... did I mention inventory being full?!?

The banker is great for offloading items I need to decon or sell later. Merchant is great for buying quest or dropped items so I don't have to break off from questing/dolemens to find a merchant. Basically, what I spent on these two ever since they came out, they have more than made up for in time savings.

No need for leaving garbage anywhere like worms/chests/thieves troves.

Best thing about merchant!
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong. This affects the entire game because it will keep more people in their instanced house rather than having to interact in town. New players shouldnt log into a town to see it empty. Your suggestion will hurt the game long term.

Check out Ultima Online. No one goes to Britain bank anymore because you can send just about anything from your bag to the bank. New players that log in here see an empty world. It's awful aesthetics.

Furthermore, if you want to repair on the fly, buy some repair crates. You can the cheap ones from an NPC vendor in town or buy some instantly thru crown store if needed.
    Mureel wrote: »

Except if I ever use a merchant in town, I'm not doing it to hang out.

I'm going to Shornhelm, or any less crowded place with a nearby merchant, repairing and porting back out.

That said: I only buy repair kits from Guild vendors and that = less to repair than using a merchant.

So no, this being an mmo has nothing to do with my needing to visit a town.

I don't care at all what's going on in any random town.

I've legit had friends drop ultis on my head before I even clock their presence.

I've even learned to 'tune out' mudballers, music players etc- which is why when someone is trying to /wave at me, it takes fire from the heavens for me to take notice! ;-)

By that token, you shouldnt have too much of an issue then continuing to ride into town to use NPCs if you've already tuned everyone out.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    FYI, putting items in Junk Status does not reduce your inventory count.

I am surprised you did not research what the Merchant could or could not do before purchasing it.

So in other words, what @SilverWF was saying wouldn't help a person's inventory at all because marking it as JUNK still keeps it as being in your inventory and thus continues to take inventory space. The only thing marking as Junk does is to allow you faster ways of selling items to Merchants, especially if you use the Addon.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 8, 2018 9:29PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I can just store any trash in the 'Junk' tab of my Bank and sell it later. I even have addons for that and didn't need to bother with it manually.
    Banker is ok, really good one.
    But Merchant is not worth 5k completely. 1,5-2k, not more in her current state.

They need to add her ability to repair gear or give her usual merchants stock for sale.

You fancy pantsy PC people need to preface your complaints with a [MASTER RACE] tag or something, because us console plebs don't have addons and for many of us, the merchant is a life saver. And a time saver, which is even more important; that's part of what makes her so great. Same with the banker.

Regardless, you got what you paid for, and the service she's intended to provide.

Wrong. This affects the entire game because it will keep more people in their instanced house rather than having to interact in town. New players shouldnt log into a town to see it empty. Your suggestion will hurt the game long term.

Check out Ultima Online. No one goes to Britain bank anymore because you can send just about anything from your bag to the bank. New players that log in here see an empty world. It's awful aesthetics.

Furthermore, if you want to repair on the fly, buy some repair crates. You can the cheap ones from an NPC vendor in town or buy some instantly thru crown store if needed.

There's like, 10 busy cities and the rest of the world is empty anyway; if anything, I'd rather discourage people from going to hub cities, because last time I went to Vulkhel Guard, it took half an hour to port in through the wayshrine and there wasn't even an event going on.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If she doesn't sell anything then shes not a merchant and that is false advertising..
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my banker as a bartender, and my merchant as a cook.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cmon, you can't be serious here, really
    This game died long ago.
    And seems here is a real reason of little service that Nizhimeh provides
    You fancy pantsy PC people need to preface your complaints with a [MASTER RACE] tag or something, because us console plebs don't have addons and for many of us, the merchant is a life saver. And a time saver, which is even more important; that's part of what makes her so great. Same with the banker.
    And, may I ask, wtf you are arguing here?
    Are you really against a little improvements in her service?
    Seriously?