Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Always Stay in the Fight with These Update 19 PvP Additions"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9ae9449dc040f1b1db37aa8561adae91.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Always Stay in the Fight with These Update 19 PvP Additions" blog article.

As the Three Banners War rages on in Cyrodiil, new Alliance War items, Battlegrounds, plunder, and more awaits those who engage in The Elder Scrolls Online’s PvP game modes. Read about all the new features coming with Update 19 in this preview article.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :|

Although it's stuff we who pay attention to already know I would have to say the blog title is a little misleading in comparison to the magnitude of the changes.

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the keep recall stones affect 'scroll patrols', it should be interesting. This and keep degradation will help take away the never ending ring of fire emp keep chase.

The new battleground looks fun too.. I saw that it may have included a tower structure similar to those in Cyrodiil?? Which could make for some interesting vertical fights..
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    With Update 19, we’ve also made a major change to Cyrodiil’s Keeps and their surrounding Resources. Now, both Keeps and Resources have two levels, and Keeps will suffer degradation should they lose their Resources prior to an attack.

“This means that if you capture its Resources first, a Keep will be easier to take,” explains Wheeler. “This makes it more important than ever to defend your outer objectives, and it is designed to give additional incentives for players to fight over the Resources.”

So basically all the tolls in the tower have even more legitimation to pull and farm the AP lemmings? :trollface:
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.technically logged in and staring at a loading screen counts as "staying in the fight" I suppose.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “With Keep Recall Stones, we want to give players a means to get across Cyrodiil quicker that is not dependent on the Keep transit network,” explains Wheeler. “It opens up a style of play that our players don’t have right now, allowing transit to some Keeps that might not otherwise be possible. You can go deep into enemy territory, take a Keep, and then have your people instantly recall to that location.”
    Bloodporting basically does exactly that but by being near a keep rather than away from it, so it's not really something new. But I'd be interested to know if the intention behind introducing these is the start of a plan to remove bloodporting - I always found it a bit odd that dying enabled more transit options than were available by being alive (i.e. Bloodporting gives more options than using the Transitus Network). What would make the most sense when dying is that you would need to be within a certain radius of a friendly keep to respawn there (like Forward Camps, but a much bigger radius), otherwise you would only be able to respawn at a friendly keep if it was connected by the Transitus Network.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

So this update is yet another small nerf to solo players and gankers.

Adding recall stones allows players to circumvent the paths a lot of solo players use to ambush their prey. Whether it be the player at the back of the Zerg with the slow mount or just someone alone, this change will now lower these type of interactions.

All you are doing is making it easier to Zerg and make even more areas of Cyrodiil empty spaces (player-less).
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

So this update is yet another small nerf to solo players and gankers.

Adding recall stones allows players to circumvent the paths a lot of solo players use to ambush their prey. Whether it be the player at the back of the Zerg with the slow mount or just someone alone, this change will now lower these type of interactions.

All you are doing is making it easier to Zerg and make even more areas of Cyrodiil empty spaces (player-less).

Port to the nearest keep and gank the lane they create to their next objective. Not hard.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    The difficulty in capturing a keep is determined by how many players defend and how good they are, it has nothing to do with keep level so not sure why ZO$ are adding these features except to detract from their failure to fix the problems.

Blood porting already provides virtually the same ability as Keep Recall Stones and for free, be interesting to see how often players get disconnected using this feature or stuck in loading screens.

Adding new features isn't much use when the underlying system doesn't function properly.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always stay in the fight, is this a wink and nod to the "stuck in combat" bug?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the new Battlegrounds pages drop the same way that the current ones do, i.e. pages you learn are not removed from the loot table?

Because the decreasing drop rate as you learn more and more pages is annoying. I realize its great for forcing players to keep playing Battlegrounds, but its seriously annoying to have the drop chance get lower and lower the closer you get to completing the set.
  • Star_Wanderer
    Update 19...What a joke. Totally for PvP players and the rest of the community gets shafted ..... again. I am getting really sick of this propensity this year seeing so much crap inserted in the game and time wasted on PvP. I despair at having a real mmorpg to play from ZoS... :s
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 19...What a joke. Totally for PvP players and the rest of the community gets shafted ..... again. I am getting really sick of this propensity this year seeing so much crap inserted in the game and time wasted on PvP. I despair at having a real mmorpg to play from ZoS... :s

Uh, Update 19 comes in tandem with the Wolfhunter DLC pack, which is all about PVE dungeon-running players. Nor is this article the whole of Update 19, as it just focuses on the PVP stuff. Maybe you should go look at the PTS patch notes?

I'm confused as to how the rest of the community gets shafted.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 9, 2018 2:53AM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Always stay in the fight, is this a wink and nod to the "stuck in combat" bug?

That's exactly what came to my mind when I read that. :)
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More battle ground stuff Cryodill needs a major change
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t need any more bgs
    Do need Cyro improvements and incentives to the area

Besides suiciding to a player anyone can also use /stuck and recall home for 146g. Are these stones a joke?
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    “With Keep Recall Stones, we want to give players a means to get across Cyrodiil quicker that is not dependent on the Keep transit network,” explains Wheeler. “It opens up a style of play that our players don’t have right now, allowing transit to some Keeps that might not otherwise be possible. You can go deep into enemy territory, take a Keep, and then have your people instantly recall to that location.”
    Bloodporting basically does exactly that but by being near a keep rather than away from it, so it's not really something new. But I'd be interested to know if the intention behind introducing these is the start of a plan to remove bloodporting - I always found it a bit odd that dying enabled more transit options than were available by being alive (i.e. Bloodporting gives more options than using the Transitus Network). What would make the most sense when dying is that you would need to be within a certain radius of a friendly keep to respawn there (like Forward Camps, but a much bigger radius), otherwise you would only be able to respawn at a friendly keep if it was connected by the Transitus Network.

Rich confirmed on the last ESO Live that Keep Recall Stones were directly based on bloodporting -- they just view bloodporting as a weird, janky way to implement something that does seem to need to be in Cyrodiil. So it's not so much a plan to remove bloodporting as a plan to officially implement it, minus the requirement to die to guards.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Always Stay in the Fight"

So Healer Disease (formerly Templar Disease) and not being able to get out of combat is now a feature? >:)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    "Always Stay in the Fight"

So Healer Disease (formerly Templar Disease) and not being able to get out of combat is now a feature? >:)

Yep warden suck due to that issue
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I ask for is campaign scoring based population to get rid of nightcapping, campaign winns. It clear that the faster underpopulation bonus is far from enough. I cant see anything of interest in this update.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    What I ask for is campaign scoring based population to get rid of nightcapping, campaign winns. It clear that the faster underpopulation bonus is far from enough. I cant see anything of interest in this update.

Probably because most nightcapping is actually just people who play during the North American nighttime hours, like day-shift workers and the Australia/New Zealand folks.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get an NPC in Cyrodiil for skill respecs?
    Having to leave Cyrodiil so we can change a morph is going to be really bad especially considering the prime time queues.
    Some of us will be skill changing often. A lot of players will not be able to take full advantage of this change without the addition of this type of npc to Cyrodiil.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Can we please get an NPC in Cyrodiil for skill respecs?
    Having to leave Cyrodiil so we can change a morph is going to be really bad especially considering the prime time queues.
    Some of us will be skill changing often. A lot of players will not be able to take full advantage of this change without the addition of this type of npc to Cyrodiil.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Come play on xbox Eu then the que's won't be a issue
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    So, according to the blog, outside of cosmetic items (like costumes) these changes consist of:

1. New Battleground Arena Istirus Outpost
    2. Recall Stones @20k a pop that have the same affect as jumping my player off a cliff for free
    3. Keep Degradation when Resources are controlled by enemy

Is this the best you could come up with to improve PVP? After breaking PVP for weeks on two different occasions in this last year, I'd hoped for something more than changes that look like they were made up on the spot as the blog article was being written.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Lol:
    "With Update 19, we’ve also made a major change to Cyrodiil’s Keeps and their surrounding Resources. Now, both Keeps and Resources have two levels, and Keeps will suffer degradation should they lose their Resources prior to an attack.

“This means that if you capture its Resources first, a Keep will be easier to take,” explains Wheeler. “This makes it more important than ever to defend your outer objectives, and it is designed to give additional incentives for players to fight over the Resources.” "

With this update you can take keeps now solo. Nightcaping/ morning caping made easy without resistance.
    What kind of ***. :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    could it be that the bugged walls/ doors are a foreshadowing of this "degradation feature" ?
    just walk in, no need to buys sieges anymore, after u captured use the new recall stone to port from the not connected objective back to base to turn in your quest...lol
    pc/eu
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems like a bunch of new t-shirts and band aids for the hardcore pvp players with gushing chest wounds from lack of attention but Ill take anything at this point