The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incentivize ESO+ Members with Improved Daily Rewards

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
You know those daily reward 'Milestones'?

Could lock them behind ESO+ with a generic reward being given instead for Non-ESO+ users... (Though I'd then suggest that ESO go Free-2-play without the initial buy-in)

Buuuuuut. I'm not sure how the community would react to it.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 7:22PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this topic was about ZOS deciding to use scantily clad people to promote ESO+

I'm sad now :'(
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I thought this topic was about ZOS deciding to use scantily clad people to promote ESO+

I'm sad now :'(

I have accidentally learned how to Clickbait. Yay?
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 1:07AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres the women :/
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheezy as the rewards may be, I would see this cracking the door open to P2W possibilities down the line.

The login rewards are intended to draw people to the game (or keep them there). Lose that incentive, or lock it behind the sub, and I don't think it will have the effect you're looking for.

The idea being, simply having presence increases the odds of new players trying ESO out and all players eventually seeing something they wish to buy, even if that something is never ESO+.

+ has enough of its own benefits as it is right now.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL

Fair point. Perhaps having things such as a few of the end-of-the-month Crown Crates being tied to ESO+ instead would be a better option. You get rewarded for playing, but can get more if you also have ESO+.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest the OP go pay your $14.99 monthly subscription and get ALL of the ESO+ benefits. Too many threads about people who want everything for nothing.
    Edited by Viscous119 on August 1, 2018 6:19PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Viscous119

Huh? I have ESO+.

Are the Daily Rewards already ESO+ bound?

I kinda assumed that they aren't atm. And am suggesting that some aspects of the Daily Rewards should become so. Merlin does point out that it may not be the best course of action.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 6:22PM
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    The believe the daily rewards are bound, but not character bound. I always go to the toon that really needs it and collect the reward on that alt toon. The reason I said that about the ESO+ was because you didn't clarify in your first post in the thread, but it wasn't really about you. It was about non-ESO players wanting stuff for nothing.
    Edited by Viscous119 on August 1, 2018 6:34PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Viscous119

The current Daily rewards to my knowledge are good for anyone regardless of ESO+ right now... Is what I was getting at
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread really hasn't aged well, and it's been less than a day.

ZOS isn't going to alter the Daily Rewards system now that they've established it. It's a free and equal login bonus for all accounts in good standing.

Avran_Sylt wrote: »

It doesn't take much reasoning to come to the conclusion that a divisive topic would divide the community.
    It doesn't take much reasoning, either, to come to the conclusion that a topic with the word "sleazy" in the title isn't going to lead to a productive discussion. Especially as you're indirectly bashing ZOS with the way you presenting the idea. As opposed to, say, suggesting double rewards for ESO+ members or something similarly less inflammatory.
    signing off
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Acrolas

Aha, but you see, you have fallen into the trap of Good Discourse! By giving your opinion, you have only provided another view on the matter!

Not every idea has to be perfectly fleshed out to begin with. And I'm lazy as hell in that regard.

By combining my thoughts and your suggestions, this topic has now morphed into:
    Incentivize ESO+ members with Better Daily Login Rewards

Kudos to youdos.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 7:23PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don’t really need more incentives. There’s a decent convenience split already for supporting the game with a sub, and plenty of perks to encourage ESO+ purchase for just cosmetics.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP suggestion. Not a fan of taking away established rewards everyone get, just to only keep them active for a subset of players who pay for ESO+ and then calling it a bonus worth paying for.
    Meaning ESO+ does not get any thing extra compared to now, and a large portion of players get stuff taken away without a good reason to have expected hat to happen. Leading to zero costumers being happier, and lot being less happy. Not a good business decision.

Adding something on top just for ESO+? Sure them getting more for their buck doesn't mean I get less, so hey I am perfectly fine with that. If it is good enough it might actually tip me over to occasionally subbing for a month and having it feel more worthwhile.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    We don’t really need more incentives. There’s a decent convenience split already for supporting the game with a sub, and plenty of perks to encourage ESO+ purchase for just cosmetics.
    I think that there's a bit of a risk that ESO+ is mostly giving a basic level of functionality and not having it is a disadvantage; given that negative motivation is generally not a good approach (i.e. "it will be worse if you don't comply") I would guess that the dailies are a sweetener to make it look like it's not just ameliorating an artificial deductible.

Though I did see an interesting assertion lately: I don't know if it's true given that I don't have a lot of history with ESO (I may have been registered since 2014 but have only really played the past month or so) which is that the daily rewards were intended for people who play every day. The assertion was that this disadvantaged people would couldn't or wouldn't play every day, in spite of that being the point, so it was then averaged over the whole month for about three weeks' worth of rewards which seems to rather undermine the "login every day to get your groovy stuff!" sales pitch in favour of "login most days to get just as much as someone who does so every day".

Anyway, I digress. ESO+ should really concentrate on giving extra stuff to players who subscribe rather than being based on the threat of not having basic functionality, like the controversial crafting bag. I'm never entirely convinced that the carrot-and-stick approach is often appropriate and it seems that ESO+ is a big stick and a small, dried-out and rather mouldy carrot.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, there is no reason to add extra ESO+ incentives to the daily login bonuses. I don't know why players of the game would want additional paid benefits. Additionally it would only create more flak if the servers need to be down for an extended period of time as then people will just complain about losing something they paid for.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • fgulerneb18_ESO1
    just double rewards for eso+ members is fine
  • jackiemeeking
    jackiemeeking
    ✭✭
    as for my case, I just want them to bring the ESO+ in Asia.

If I have it again then most probably, I would say I am fine with the daily rewards I am receiving right now.
    :)
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop suggesting additional incentives to a membership that already significantly hurts the game and punishes users who prefer to own content outright like I do.
    Viscous119 wrote: »
    I suggest the OP go pay your $14.99 monthly subscription and get ALL of the ESO+ benefits. Too many threads about people who want everything for nothing.
    I'm in the wrong for wanting an optimal crafting experience as a player? In the last 18 months, I've bought 21,000 crowns, all the DLCs including dungeon packs, two physical collector's editions and referred multiple players to the game.

Adding those figures up, that's about $275. If I did ESO+ to get those crowns, that would've been another $75-$100. In what world is that "wanting something for nothing"?
    Edited by AlexanderDeLarge on August 6, 2018 10:14AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop suggesting additional incentives to a membership that already significantly hurts the game and punishes users who prefer to own content outright like I do.
    I'm in the wrong for wanting an optimal crafting experience as a player? In the last 18 months, I've bought 21,000 crowns, all the DLCs including dungeon packs, two physical collector's editions and referred multiple players to the game.

Adding those figures up, that's about $275. If I did ESO+ to get those crowns, that would've been another $75-$100. In what world is that "wanting something for nothing"?

So, since I sub, I'm not allowed to use the crowns I get to buy the dlc outright? Because that's what I did. In addition to buying crowns if/when I see items like mounts I might want, and the chapters when they're released. I have two copies of the game, one collector's version, the imperial editionand all the dlc for both accounts. How is giving incentives like the crafting bag to steady monthly support of the game "hurting" someone who doesn't choose to do that?
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, since I sub, I'm not allowed to use the crowns I get to buy the dlc outright? Because that's what I did. In addition to buying crowns if/when I see items like mounts I might want, and the chapters when they're released. I have two copies of the game, one collector's version, the imperial editionand all the dlc for both accounts. How is giving incentives like the crafting bag to steady monthly support of the game "hurting" someone who doesn't choose to do that?

Because actually buying the content with crowns (something the game allows you to do) devalues the membership and it's ridiculous to suggest that people in my situation are not supporting the game enough to have an optimal experience as crafters. This QOL feature should be free for all, as it is in Guild Wars 2 straight from inventory.

Their business model is not remotely competitive with the competition and consumers should always advocate for their interests. The monetization of a core mechanic in the game should not be something they resort to.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because actually buying the content with crowns (something the game allows you to do) devalues the membership and it's ridiculous to suggest that people in my situation are not supporting the game enough to have an optimal experience as crafters. This QOL feature should be free for all, as it is in Guild Wars 2 straight from inventory.

Their business model is not remotely competitive with the competition and consumers should always advocate for their interests. The monetization of a core mechanic in the game should not be something they resort to.

Free for all? There must be a new definition for "free" that I'm not familiar with. You do start with basic inventory and bank slots for "free" in ESO. And extra space isn't tied to buying an expansion.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag
    A bag is an item that increases the capacity of a character's inventory. They come in a variety of sizes, up to 20 inventory slots (up to 32 with Path of Fire), and sometimes have special features.

New characters begin with three bag slots and a Starter Backpack equipped in the first slot. Two bag slots can be obtained by purchasing the Heart of Thorns expansion, and up to five further bag slots can be purchased through the Gem Store on a per-character basis, for a total of ten bag slots per character.

Purchased through the gem store....... Apparently you can craft bags of holding if you can get the components. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting BUT
    There are nine different crafting disciplines. Initially only two can be active at a time on each character, but up to two more (for a total of 4) may be added using Additional Crafting Licenses from the Gem Store.

Gem store: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And clearly that isn't enough. The willingness to pay $15 a month for such a "convenience" feature is evidence of that.

I'm not defending every practice Guild Wars 2's business model engages in, but the living story (equivalents to DLC every three months) are free as long as you're logging in and the expansions are two-three years apart. I just know I'm able to have an optimal Guild Wars 2 expansion for $30 every two-three years versus Elder Scrolls Online where I'm easily spending at least $150 a year and getting an experience comparable to a bad free2play game.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ already has improved daily rewards.

It’s called a crafting bag and double dbanj space on top of many more perks.

I guess the give me more attitude is common.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you are referring to LOTRO where subscribers also regularly get a 'golden hobbit present' besides the daily 'silver hobbit present' that everyone gets for logging in ?

In my opinion, the incentives for staying ESO+ subscriber are not bad, but if I could choose I would like an increase of the +10% XP/Craft XP/Gold to 20% or 25%.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    You know those daily reward 'Milestones'?

Could lock them behind ESO+ with a generic reward being given instead for Non-ESO+ users... (Though I'd then suggest that ESO go Free-2-play without the initial buy-in)

It would react badly.

I don't see the reason why it should be ESO+ only, as not every hardcore fan of ESO is a subscriber, it's just another means of access the games content with some bonuses if you want them.
    ESO+ has a whole bunch of good stuff now already like craft bag and double bank space, then you can even argue that you don't get full feature access (housing caps) without it.

Let the rewards be what they are, a way to encourage daily log ins or reward those who do log in daily.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."