The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Exploiting/Glitching Mag Sorcs Invisible

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sharing this for a friend, whom I believe submitted a ticket on this too - but I wanted to know if this was a glitch the player didn't know about, or an exploit? Clearly in the video you can see they go invisible. My friend calls them out for cheating - but is she wrong? I've seen this happen several times in BGs too, and still no clarification from ZOS on this. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you take a look at this video please??

This isn't me calling the player out (or shaming them) - I just want to know if ZoS are aware, and if so, is a fix at hand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePWWtCgcDM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like console lag
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have said lag too - if it wasn't for the fact I've seen the same player pulling it on different characters... I've heard its a quick slotting of a certain emote or costume that is doing it... so ... that makes it an exploit.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this happen a few times recently, but only ever on one person not everyone in the area. So Idk if it's some kind of lag, a bug, or an exploit. It's really annoying though when it happens, and I'm also on ps4 so possibly a console thing?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've found against some foes who stayed permanent invisible for most of the fight. I could detect I was being hit by something at melee range, but could not actually see them the whole attack chain. Its hard to respond to something you can't target or see.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I experienced a Sorc disappearing in Cyrodiil before, too. I was at a loss cause I knew I was fighting a Sorc, but they were disappearing like a NB. I even double checked my combat log. All Sorc spells.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some kind of potion set up with short cool down maybe?
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    Some kind of potion set up with short cool down maybe?

There is no cooldown or potion that would make it so fast. They stay almost permanently invisible when they move, and are only visible if they are stationary for a period of time. You can see here they flash visible and then invisible within 10 seconds, sometimes shorter - and stay invisible for longer periods than any combination of potion cooldown/buff could be. I know this because I used to run my DK tank through heists and sacraments using the best possible combos... and detection skills would eliminate it too - but that doesn't work against these guys.

It's not a coincidence that this is a sorc thing either... which leads me to believe it's something in their skills in combination with another factor that is glitching it out. let's be honest, we all saw the double pet sorcs running around for a long LONG time - let's hope this exploit is patched before that one was.