The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recap of Early Access

Daemoneyes
Daemoneyes
✭✭
Day 1 / 8 hrs / 5 bugs
Sunday, so i was able to play 8 hours and it was fun for the most part, although having my progress blocked by bugged out quests that i did report in beta did not make me happy.

Day 2 / 60 min / 1 bug
Probably would have been more bugs but i wasnt able to play after that bug.

Day 3 / 3 hrs / 3 bugs

Day 4 / 15 min / 1 bug
Stuck in Balroth Quest for almost 4 hrs and after i finally got out of the instance, the server did go down..

Day 5 / 2 hrs / 1 bug
AAAAnd another *** server down..

I did already report every bug i encountered in BETA!
except for the stuck in Balroth Instance one because i wasnt even able to advance to this phase in beta, because of an earlier bug in the Balroth quest..

I really did expect better than this.
Especially for the price of the Imperial Edition.

Also i heard about a Cash shop, which really lets me reconsider un-subbing this game.
Because i will not accept this p2w *** in any way or form.
And yes its p2w moneygrab, even if it "only" (as if we could trust you in that point.) would be cosmetic, because looking good is also a form of winning when it comes to mmo.

All in all my excitement for this game has taken a big hit in the balls.
  • Conancrunch
    What in the store is ptw? The horse? Nope, so what is it?
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ye of little faith...my goodness.
  • stefanroeth123neb18_ESO
    Hmm, you have not even subbed the game. How could you unsub? :wink:
    The bugged quests and server downs really are a bit annoying, especially after their pompous announcement that they had fixed all of them in the pre-early-access patch notes. But all in all, I'm ok with it.

Now let's just hope that they are coping better with the run on the game when it officially launches tonight than other MMOs. Early access server stability is not really an achievement, because they knew exactly how many people would come on. For launch they don't, so this becomes the true test of Zenimax's capability.

Fingers crossed.
  • bugs
    bugs
    there where problems it happens with the launch of every mmo and besides the maintenance periods( little more warning would be nice) i think everything went pretty well
  • billrich64b14_ESO
    I kind of want to be patient and understand there's going to be kinks with a new game release, but like the OP, I was pretty disappointed when I found bugs that were still existing from beta. I mean what's the point in having a beta if you're not going to fix what people discover and report before release? Also, having server maintenance and downtime nearly every day of early access kind of kills the thrill of pre-ordering to get some head start on the game. I actually feel pretty bad for the folks who only got the 3 days of early access because these last 2 days have had a LOT of server down time. I imagine they're much more disappointed than I am.
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Your experience appears to have been pretty typical, comparing to what others and I have reported. This is far from the worst-ever MMO launch. Most of the downtime has been to address exploit or account security issues, and I'm happy that they got on these things quickly after they were discovered. One or two of the maintenances did have literally no warning in-game or on here, so that was frustrating.

A few months from now, it will be running like clockwork, and those who are still playing will have just a fading memory of these early hiccups. Learn to accept imperfection and to be patient.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What in the store is ptw? The horse? Nope, so what is it?

Didn't you read the end of his post? Apparantly cosmetic items are pay to win in MMO's. "because looking good is also a form of winning when it comes to mmo."

lol.