Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ps4 NA Vivec: where did DC go?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know? There used to be a sizeable Zerg every night. Now DC is totally quiet. It’s weird. And I have more fun fighting at ash than BRK. Ash is Lord of the Rings. BRK is like Fight Club meets Monty Python.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Madden took a break? I have not seen DA_FUTURE either.

Blue has to actually focus on defense. They’re good at offensive, but they are bleeding more points due to reds having a much strong presence this campaign.

TBF, fighting a more aggressive red has been great.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 19, 2018 11:48AM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory that DC are freezing more than other factions across the PS4 servers..
    And this has lead to a reduced population..
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when they first started consolidating the campaigns and azura's star was our "main" map (then scourge) - DC dominated for about a year and a half...

then, it seemed like a lot of traditionally DC players began moving to AD...then, AD has dominated the "main" campaign (vivec) for over the last year...

I'll be shocked if EP is able to ever win 2 campaigns in a row...seems a lot of their player bases prefer playing in shor...

right now, DC has been getting hammered in the scoreboard for the last year (I think they have only had one win during that time)...

good chance a lot of players simply got tired of committing to the losing side campaign after campaign...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea the baconator proxy train ruled pvp for at least the first year or two. I do t know what happened. My guild fought yellow primarily for over a year so I never payed that much attention. Now that we’ve moved on to fighting blue I’ve noticed no real coordinated guilds like that. Curious myself
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shor
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    I played as DC. I haven't been on there since Summerset. The game is unplayable in Vivec. I'm also ps4 NA
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played as DC. I haven't been on there since Summerset. The game is unplayable in Vivec. I'm also ps4 NA

actually participated a bunch this campaign (all sides) in vivec - ps4/na...

the patch fixed the freezing for me...still get some lag though on large keep battles...

I'm in cali and normally play anywhere from 7pm to 12am p.s.t.

have had some excellent fights this week...

I think for a lot of us long time "regulars" in cyro - it's just a part of our daily routine...get up, go to work, get home, go fight with folks...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah - during the time I'm on, DC rules from chalman to roebeck...

I think part of that may be a result of AD and EP focusing on each other because of how close the campaign score is between those two...

there's about 8 days left in the current campaign...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 24, 2018 6:05PM
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    Will any DCs be doing the MM?
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will any DCs be doing the MM?

I seen 2, and then they told me they were going to go play on their ep characters for the win
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry geonsocal :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry geonsocal :D

what happened cap'n - did you just kill me again :#
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i did at sejanus last night, that was my NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i did at sejanus last night, that was my NB

okay then captain...you got a taste of my squishy magplar - just wait until I'm out there roaming the battlefields tonight with my armored up mag dk (I'm guessing a 400 queue at least)...

at least when all else fails with that character - I can usually just mist away...

run away, run away :o
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are probably just all on their AD toons right now, since that is the color that is winning. ZOS still doesn't seem to get letting people switch sides during the campaign is stupid
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    They all moved to shor.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if my recent experiences are an exception, but the general vibe I've gotten from the PvP community is really angsty. Granted, I am coming back from a long break, but the attitude of people seems out of whack in cyrodiil.

Of course theres the random *** talking and hassling of one another in zone chat, but I experienced something that was new to me. In a handful of the groups I joined during midyear mayhem, some people would take their anger out on what they referred to as 'randies'. Whenever things would go wrong, they would sigh a lot, and repeatedly complain about how, 'if people just did what I said, we would have accomplished that' or 'whoever did that, you know who you are, don't do that, that's stupid, you have to do this thing instead'. I mean, saying it once is no big deal, but they straight up repeated themselves multiple times. It wasn't like they directly attempted to punish anyone, but they would instead talk poorly about the player as if they weren't there, knowing full well that they are able to hear chat. I'm not aware of how prevalent this kind of punitive culture is in cyrodiil, but it destroys morale, and has the potential to alienate people, driving them away.

Some of that frustration can be explained by the quality of the game currently, which really needs some enhancements. It's especially frustrating on console, where we only get updates to features and functionality rarely, in comparison to PC. But, the state of the game quality doesn't really explain why people think it's ok to behave so aggressively.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade