Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How does Invigorating work?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there something like diminishing returns? I am trying to understand why it doesn't give 11 in each regain stat like it says and instead seemly random gains.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I briefly tested it when it first came out, and there weren't any surprises. I got the 11 expected in each, plus relevant %amps.

I would anticipate weird results if you are swapping it out with an equivalent divines piece whilst having a regen mundus, as you'd lose some in one stat and gain in the other 2.

IDK if anyone has thoroughly tested it out, due to the groupthink of "it's worthless" setting in so very quickly.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Is there something like diminishing returns? I am trying to understand why it doesn't give 11 in each regain stat like it says and instead seemly random gains.

I think you will find your answer in the link below @Tasear

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Invigorating
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

I think you will find your answer in the link below @Tasear

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Invigorating

....that's pretty much just the tooltip. Tasear is referencing "seemingly random gains," i.e. cases where it doesn't behave the way the tooltip indicates.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah was thinking of using Orc passives, Sorc passives, regain glyphs and that gold food that gives regain in all three sets for something interesting on Sorc tank but invigorating was doing so wierd stuff with all that.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah was thinking of using Orc passives, Sorc passives, regain glyphs and that gold food that gives regain in all three sets for something interesting on Sorc tank but invigorating was doing so wierd stuff with all that.

When I used it I was on a nord DK, and I got the expected returns everywhere.

It's possible some obscure passives don't apply in the right order, idk.

It's kind of funny how much it gets poo-pooed, and with the advent of retraiting I guess that's fine, as trait drops barely matter. When it was first announced my takeaway was that I'd use it on any PvP toon that would otherwise run divines+a regen mundus and ISN'T a vampire--the problem is, there aren't many cases where I'd run divines+a regen mundus. Health regen tanking was the one case it was pretty great for, but the continual nerfs to regen tanking have kinda pushed me out of that playstyle.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I used it I was on a nord DK, and I got the expected returns everywhere.

It's possible some obscure passives don't apply in the right order, idk.

It's kind of funny how much it gets poo-pooed, and with the advent of retraiting I guess that's fine, as trait drops barely matter. When it was first announced my takeaway was that I'd use it on any PvP toon that would otherwise run divines+a regen mundus and ISN'T a vampire--the problem is, there aren't many cases where I'd run divines+a regen mundus. Health regen tanking was the one case it was pretty great for, but the continual nerfs to regen tanking have kinda pushed me out of that playstyle.

That could be it. Thanks for insights. I shall keep theory crafting.