The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A stam dk/sorc build for battlegrounds

daemonor
daemonor
✭✭✭✭
So last time I played pvp sypher was still around and black rose+malubeth+warriors fury 1h/shield was my only option to stand a chance of surviving with my lousy 220 cp orc dk. I quite enjoyed the playstyle tho, could put something similar up in summerset? I saw black rose getting nerfed, not sure about malubeth or heavy armor being viable anymore. If no, then what would be your go to sets for a stam dk no cp pvp ?

I was also a fan of fangrush and his 5/5 VO with infused jewelery and clever alchemist build that he posted 1 month ago seemed to be really fun but im not sure if its still up to date or if i could even pull it off.

So to sum it all up id like everyones input on the current situation of stam dk/sorc builds for no cp pvp

Thanks in advance
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the first setup you mentioned is dead for a long while now.

For no-Cp I would go with 5 shacklebreaker - 5 seventh legion - 2 Troll King as an Orc Dk.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 31, 2018 2:53AM
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    i used this build in BG for a while. https://dragonvoid.com/builds/
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Equip Bone Pirate for the necessary stam pool and stam regen required to fight in BG's. You'll need to have this available on both bars so a mix of body and jewelry are required.

Step 2: Find a suitable monster set. Orcs do well with Troll King. You'll find many stam orc sorcs running this. Blood spawn does well on stamdens / stamdks. I also love skoria on dot heavy builds. The two most prevalent are troll king and blood spawn. Up to you which you prefer... use the one that synergizes best.

Step 3: Pair with a good offensive set. So many to choose from here. Spriggans and Automaton are popular choices on the stamsorc. Sloads is an obvious choice for alot of builds. 7th Legion / Ravager / Fury are picks if you want to sprinkle some heavy armor into the build. Maybe craft hundings or night mother's gaze if you're on a budget.

Step 4: Get a good master's weapon to front bar. master axes are great for dot's. Asylum 2h is great with bloodspawn for an ulti-gen reverse slice build.

Step 5: Purchase a ton of immovable pots so that you can out-cheese your opponent in the actual 4 seconds of combat that matter in any engagement. He who get's cc'd - loses. (as a rule of thumb).
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Step 1: Equip Bone Pirate for the necessary stam pool and stam regen required to fight in BG's. You'll need to have this available on both bars so a mix of body and jewelry are required.

Step 2: Find a suitable monster set. Orcs do well with Troll King. You'll find many stam orc sorcs running this. Blood spawn does well on stamdens / stamdks. I also love skoria on dot heavy builds. The two most prevalent are troll king and blood spawn. Up to you which you prefer... use the one that synergizes best.

Step 3: Pair with a good offensive set. So many to choose from here. Spriggans and Automaton are popular choices on the stamsorc. Sloads is an obvious choice for alot of builds. 7th Legion / Ravager / Fury are picks if you want to sprinkle some heavy armor into the build. Maybe craft hundings or night mother's gaze if you're on a budget.

Step 4: Get a good master's weapon to front bar. master axes are great for dot's. Asylum 2h is great with bloodspawn for an ulti-gen reverse slice build.

Step 5: Purchase a ton of immovable pots so that you can out-cheese your opponent in the actual 4 seconds of combat that matter in any engagement. He who get's cc'd - loses. (as a rule of thumb).

Nailed it. Stam dk = troll king, bone pirate, heavy sloads, sword and shield front bar, asylum back bar. Immovable speed pots. GG.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    so if i understand correctly 5 heavy is viable ? not sure if im good enough to beat veteran dragonstar for master weps, but asylum normal version should do the trick right?
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    so if i understand correctly 5 heavy is viable ? not sure if im good enough to beat veteran dragonstar for master weps, but asylum normal version should do the trick right?

5 heavy is considered mandatory by many. You don't end up lacking damage as sets like seventh legion will give you a lot of weapon damage. Or you can run more passive damage like sloads. The bleed from master's axes is also arguably OP and will deal a lot of damage even with low weapon damage.

The only set I wear in medium at the moment is fortified brass.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what traits would you suggest? Impen on all armor pieces obviously, but what about jewelery and weapons? I figure i'd go 1h+shield/2h setup
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trait options are dependent on your playstyle.

1. Triune - nice blend of stats for all pools. a safe bet
    2. Swift - add additional speed to your character - mobility in pvp is king
    3. protective - i wouldn't go overboard on this, but from an efficiency standpoint, 1 protective is great resistance value
    4. robust - the ole tried and true raw stamina pool increase. an oldy but goody
    5. infused - some swear by infused weapon damage.. arguing that its value exceeds robust. a matter of preference. some niche builds also use infused with the potion reduction enchant to make pot drinking a crack addict habit

your enchants on jewels are usually a mix of stam recovery and weapon damage. niche builds will use pot reduction. a magicka recovery token enchant is sometimes used depending on class
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pretty good general build for stam DK is 5 med 2 heavy or 6 med 1 heavy with bone pirates and fortified brass. Its very survivable with very good regen. You'll have to do the work yourself to get kills but its solid. You can run Selenes or blood spawn with it very well. Or really any monster set you like.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian. 5 sunderflame, 5 alchemist back barred, masters dw axes front bar, monster of choice. 3x infused rings with potion cooldown. Triglyph everything, trifood. Use lingering health speed pots and tripots.

Heavy attack weave rending slashes for an awesome combo of heavy attack damage, main hand enchant procs from heavy attack, offhand enchant proc from rending slashes, sunderflame proc, rending slash damage.

Very expensive hybrid build to run, but very fun. Find yourself a magicka dump you enjoy using bc youll have tons of magicka to use with the 15k every 42 seconds plus normal regen and ultimate usage increases it further.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id still like an answer for what wep traits u run for 1h/shield and 2hander...and also which poisons? or just stick with enchants?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id still like an answer for what wep traits u run for 1h/shield and 2hander...and also which poisons? or just stick with enchants?

Infused 1h, sturdy shield, nirnihoned 2 hand. Drain health poisons.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got it. As someone mentioned using asylum weapons, i managed to get my hands on a 2h asylum normal mace...is mace still the weapon type to go in pvp? I also have vma axe/sword/maul in case the bleed dot is not completely useless. So my build would look like 5 bone pirate 5 ravager backbar 1h/shield and 2 bloodspawn + asylum or vma 2hander. Will ravager procs reliably enough on the backbar? Or i should i be using something like seventh legion or sloads?
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Got it. As someone mentioned using asylum weapons, i managed to get my hands on a 2h asylum normal mace...is mace still the weapon type to go in pvp? I also have vma axe/sword/maul in case the bleed dot is not completely useless. So my build would look like 5 bone pirate 5 ravager backbar 1h/shield and 2 bloodspawn + asylum or vma 2hander. Will ravager procs reliably enough on the backbar? Or i should i be using something like seventh legion or sloads?

Ravager does not proc enough on my stam dk.

Plus things are considerably different in cp and non-cp campaigns

So any eventual build depends mostly on where you want to play

Edited by ChildOfLight on August 3, 2018 9:34AM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i mentioned i primarily wanna focus on battlegrounds/ no cp campaign and I'm having trouble deciding which heavy set to roll with for most damage. If ravager doesn't proc enough, then how about 7 legion or warriors fury?
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having solid BG stamdk success with the following build:

monster set: Valkyn Skoria (medium helm / heavy shoulder) tri-stat helm
    Body: Bone Pirate glove / boot / chest / legs. tri-stat chest and legs
    Belt: Prisoner's Rags
    1 Bone Pirate necklace
    2 Prisoner's Rags rings - retraited to tri-une all three enchaned with weapon damage

front bar - master's dw (axe / mace - nirn/infused - disease / beserker)
    back bar - Prisoner's Battle axe (double dot poisons)

FB abilities: venom claw / spin 2 win / fossilize / rending slash / vigor / leap
    BB abilities: noxious breath / wings / forward momentum / fragmented shield / volatile armor / corrosive

how to play: You will be sprinting - ALOT - on your back bar 2her. keeping your buffs up and able to use wings as much as you need due to infinite magicka sustain from prisoner's. When you're ready to engage - immovable pot sprint into your opponent and noxious breath. bar swap - on your DW bar apply rend. fossilize. apply venom claw. spin 2 win.

This build has almost everything I want except for on demand major defile which i sometimes still get from my dw disease enchant. Next patch, i have my fingers crossed that the new cyrodiil ward set will enough sustain to swap bone pirate out for. if so - I think I would trade my disease enchant to shock for concussion proc -
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to run this build - I think it's very solid. especially if you use either ransack or heroic slash as a spammable (ransack is the cheaper bet).

s/b bar: ransack / wings / reverb / frag shield / volatile armor - (temporal guard)
    2h bar: stampede / reverse slice / forward momentum / venom claw / vigor - LEAP

the melee abilities of ransack and reverb have a good chance of proccing ravager. as you stay on the snb bar a good bit waiting to setup your burst, I think this build can be very solid. when you're ready to strike - reverb into leap into reverse slice... pretty strong.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just made me a heavy set of impen sloads to go with skoria, agility and asylum 2h. I never PvP but that last deathmatch... I’m proud of how that went lol
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just made me a heavy set of impen sloads to go with skoria, agility and asylum 2h. I never PvP but that last deathmatch... I’m proud of how that went lol

What weapon/skill setup were you using?