The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Secret Farming Locations

Revi_Nightfire
Revi_Nightfire
✭✭✭
Secrets don't make friends.

I know you. You found that spot, that awesome place where the farming is so amazing that you will reveal to Revi all she needs to know!

Post your favorite farming spot and the sweet sweet material you procure below:
Revi Nightfire | Imperial Nightblade | Daggerfall Covenant | PC NA
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Feel free to add me if you have questions. @Revi_Nightfire
Need a Friend? Best Friend? Dungeon Partner? Farming Buddy? Geeker Outer? Add me :]

#Loremaster #Elderscrollsfanatic #Sweetrolls 

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never post good spots in the official forums. Gets them ninja nerfed in no time. Unless u somehow cant make use of them and want to ruin it for everyone else.
    Edited by eso_nya on July 22, 2018 10:28AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alikr dolmen for xp farming :trollface:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people will reveal them, they won't be secret anymore...
  • Revi_Nightfire
    Revi_Nightfire
    ✭✭✭
    Dont beeee stinnggyyyyy!! :wink:
    Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Feel free to add me if you have questions. @Revi_Nightfire
    Need a Friend? Best Friend? Dungeon Partner? Farming Buddy? Geeker Outer? Add me :]

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome secrete farming locations that noooo one knows about (ssshhhhh):
    Cyrodiil to farm AP
    IC to farm Telvar Stones
    Maelstrom Arena to farm Maelstrom weapons
    Dragonstar Arena to farm Master weapons
    Clockwork City (Asylum Sanctorium) to farm Asylum weapons

o:)
  • Revi_Nightfire
    Revi_Nightfire
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Awesome secrete farming locations that noooo one knows about (ssshhhhh):
    Cyrodiil to farm AP
    IC to farm Telvar Stones
    Maelstrom Arena to farm Maelstrom weapons
    Dragonstar Arena to farm Master weapons
    Clockwork City (Asylum Sanctorium) to farm Asylum weapons

o:)

Your not being verry funnn! :)

Just one :smiley:

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have half a dozen favourite spots.

running a circuit of them always produces plenty of ore, dust, wood, ancestor silk, rubedo hide, flowers and fungi. not to mention butterfly wings, torchbug thorax and beetle scuttle. there's usually a good smattering of treasure chests and thieves guild troves too.

am i going to tell you where?

you have to be kidding.

hint though.... if you play the game and pay attention to your surroundings you will find them
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    To tell the truth here there are probably not many if any secret locations just to many people playing it’s all about when not where.
    Pick low pop times in areas you know to have a good node load
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Secret spot
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than any location, its your knowledge of the place, as in where what spawns and how to get to it comfortably. play the game while observing everything that interests you and you will find your own little farming spot.

Also, if you play long enough, you will have enough of everything you need while playing as you like, at least Zenimax got this right, the grinding that is.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I reveal a spot I farm at it always gets over ran by other people or bots end up getting to it and then they nerf the spawn rate into the ground no ty I think I'll keep my few spots I have left to myself lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on July 23, 2018 12:03PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look in Reddit for this stuff! Posting it here just makes ZOS take it away from us, like our Traitor's Vault wardrobe room that they are cruelly yoinking away from us next update.
  • Auroriel_Ruuki
    Auroriel_Ruuki
    Soul Shriven
    You can farm tons of pretty butterflies in Rivenspire... :)
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give one away because I will never need wood again thanks to this spot.

Do the dark brotherhood questline until it sends you to a mini-zone called Jerral mountain logging camp. It has a little bit of everything but an absurd amount of wood.

Just don't complete the quest or you loose access to the zone.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a spot that I like to farm, especially for jewelry nodes, and I have never seen bots there. Reveal where it is? Never!! Then it wouldn't be a secret, anymore! ;)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear that Craglorn is the best place for Nirncrux. Can't be more specific.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can farm tons of pretty butterflies in Rivenspire... :)

Wrothgar is also a good source of butterflies.

Khenarthi's Roost is where I go to farm mudcrab chitin.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my best farming runs are in a little zone called Tamriel!

but it really depends what you are after, if you are a grab everything kind of person including chests you may want to go to a zone that has sought after sets....thing is everyone else is there too, so its all about avoiding the crowds.

a place with fewer nodes but zero competition will go a long way.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

running a circuit of them always produces plenty of ore, dust, wood, ancestor silk, rubedo hide, flowers and fungi. not to mention butterfly wings, torchbug thorax and beetle scuttle. there's usually a good smattering of treasure chests and thieves guild troves too.

you have to be kidding.

hint though.... if you play the game and pay attention to your surroundings you will find them

I could not agree more with any of this.

Depending on the time of day I visit, my favourite spots include:-
    1. c20 Treasure Chests - usually at least 1 or 2 Master and 4 or 5 Advanced
    2. Psijic Portals - 2 or 3
    3. World Events - 3 or 4
    4. World Bosses - 1 or 2
    5. Dolmens - 1 per area.
    Each saunter (I do not dash anywhere) takes about 30 min.

On a 'good' run, all T-Chests are unopened, on a bad day the worst I have had is about half unopened.

The amount of jewellery (and mats) one picks up is ample to contribute to Jewellery Crafting levelling without having to buy anything in.

If one does not like Thievery, then there is a small gain in Legerdemain for each T-Chest opened manually. I do my saunters and 'hand-ins' on inexperienced Chars, during "Enhanced Experience" time. I go slightly out of my way to hand in at an non-maxed-out Outlaws Refuge for Achievement purposes.

PS. I note @jedtb16_ESO that you are on EU servers like me. Now I have a better idea of whom might have pipped me to the post. Are you contributing to my bad hair days?

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

you have to be kidding.

I could not agree more with any of this.

Depending on the time of day I visit, my favourite spots include:-
    1. c20 Treasure Chests - usually at least 1 or 2 Master and 4 or 5 Advanced
    2. Psijic Portals - 2 or 3
    3. World Events - 3 or 4
    4. World Bosses - 1 or 2
    5. Dolmens - 1 per area.
    Each saunter (I do not dash anywhere) takes about 30 min.

On a 'good' run, all T-Chests are unopened, on a bad day the worst I have had is about half unopened.

The amount of jewellery (and mats) one picks up is ample to contribute to Jewellery Crafting levelling without having to buy anything in.

If one does not like Thievery, then there is a small gain in Legerdemain for each T-Chest opened manually. I do my saunters and 'hand-ins' on inexperienced Chars, during "Enhanced Experience" time. I go slightly out of my way to hand in at an non-maxed-out Outlaws Refuge for Achievement purposes.

PS. I note @jedtb16_ESO that you are on EU servers like me. Now I have a better idea of whom might have pipped me to the post. Are you contributing to my bad hair days?

it's entirely possible, but i'm not going to apologize for it because it's equally possible you contribute to mine ;)
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL 1T killed farming, there are no secret spots left. A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday night, I managed to be in Kenarthi's alone, no other famers, bots were only running in the interior. I racked up 1200 ore and 400 platinum dust in an hour and half.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that the secret spots are linked to mount training speed. Once you get your horse to 60 speed, mount up and start running to a far away destination. Nodes just seem to appear out of nowhere.

I can't get anywhere when I'm in a hurry, especially at night (in game) with Keen Eye 3/3. It looks like the landscape is ablaze with nodes everywhere I ride.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Secrets don't make friends.

I know you. You found that spot, that awesome place where the farming is so amazing that you will reveal to Revi all she needs to know!

Post your favorite farming spot and the sweet sweet material you procure below:

How... genius you must be to asking this?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best place to Farm?

An unpopulated zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Best place to Farm?

An unpopulated zone.

well yeah....

but the best places to farm are those that have fast re-spawn.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't farm any more, I just live off of my writs an surveys, so I will reveal my original farm spot.
    Hard to explain the actual loop I do, but go to fort amol in eastmarch, head west up the hill towards the delve. There, iirc there is 6 chests, 7-10 wood nodes, 4 runestone nodes, 6-7 ore nodes and a heavy sack.
    on the way back to the wayshrine there is 2 cloth nodes. I used to farm this every 15 mins late at night when no one was around.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on August 5, 2018 10:00AM