The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry crafting: What to break down when?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm still leveling up my first jeweler, so naturally I'm wondering which items to break down at which levels he reaches. There are posts and articles discussing this, such as http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/jewelry.html, but they all have two surprising aspects. First, it seems that the IP given varies only a little by the color of the item. More important, it seems like intricate pieces will ALWAYS "give" vastly more IP than actually you can get under the max-decon-IP-at-that-level cap.

Are both of these points accurate? If not, what am I missing?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max-decon-IP-at-that-level-cap ? What on Tamriel is that ? Maybe it's mentioned in the article you linked, but sorry, I'm not going to read an entire article just for answering a question.
    The intricate trait is a non craftable trait that multiplies the IP given by deconstructing said item. I'm not sure what's unclear in this.
    And yes, the level of the deconstructed item matters much more than the color. That's by design and I find nothing strange in it ?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it too much and just deconstruct all max level junk jewelry you get while playing. You will have the craft at 50 before you know it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max-decon-IP-at-that-level-cap ? What on Tamriel is that ? Maybe it's mentioned in the article you linked, but sorry, I'm not going to read an entire article just for answering a question.
    The intricate trait is a non craftable trait that multiplies the IP given by deconstructing said item. I'm not sure what's unclear in this.
    And yes, the level of the deconstructed item matters much more than the color. That's by design and I find nothing strange in it ?

In the "equipment" crafts, for any given level you are in the craft, there's a max amount of IP you can get from deconning an item. The chart in my link gives figures for jewelry, but as per my post, I find them counterintuitive. Hence my post.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micromanaging specific jewelry pieces at specific crafting levels will only give you fits.

As @Sharee said, just decon everything you find that you don’t need.

If you have extra Alliance Points from the Mayhem event laying around, spend those on the Cyrodiil purple 3-trait set coffers (e.g. Eagle Eye) ... which are almost always purple jewelry.

Good inspiration there. I was able to level jewelry crafting 0-50 in under 2 hours by deconning Eagle Eye purples bought from the Bruma town vendor.