Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When does ultimate cap out when bar swapping

ioo
ioo
So I’ve noticed that when I have an ultimate on one bar it can go 100 ultimate over the requirement. However, for my build I want to run a low Cost ultimate on my front bar and a high cost one on the back. So how does my ultimate translate from bar to bar? Does it cap out 100 over the max for my front bar ult and not generate any more until I swap to the back? Or will my ultimate be ready when I swap to my back bar if I generated enough? Btw I’m going to be spending most of my time on my front bar so fingers crossed. :) thx in advance

Best Answer

• LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fair question; the default UI doesn't do a good job of explaining this.

Ultimate will continue to fill up to a total of 500* and is "shared" between bars.
    However since whenever you use an ultimate, it drains your ult resource to 0, regardless of the cost, or your total ultimate accrued at the time.
    The only exception to this currently is the Sorcerer ultimate "Overload" which drains ultimate with each light/heavy attack and is a unique mechanic.

*(Note that if you look around on the internet for this information, you may find conflicting data stating the upper limit is 1000. This is outdated information and no longer valid)
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
    Answer ✓