Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Two of the same weapon does not add an extra set bonus

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok newbie lesson I learned last night. I bought a second Julianos Fire Staff for most of my hard earned gold and equipped it. AFTER equipping it I noticed that there was no extra item piece set bonus for it.

My original staff is enchanted with fire enchant. I've heard that adding a shock enchant would be beneficial would that be the route to go? I've read threads that say yes and some that say no shock but not point in having two identical weapons at least as far as I can see. Alcast at the link below for beginner builds state magic dmg enchant and weapon but now sure which enchantments those are.

Gear Set Weight Trait Enchantment
Weapon 1 Law of Julianos Shock Infused Magic Dmg Enchant<<<<there is a magic dmg enchant?
Weapon 2 Law of Julianos Shock Infused Weapon Damage Enchantment<<<<what exactly is this, does it mean fire enchant?

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/
Edited by Veinblood1965 on August 3, 2018 2:26PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is an enchant that boosts weapon or magic damage. Even though it is called Glyph of Weapon damage, it really boosts both spell and weapon. Pairs really well with infused
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes there is an enchant that boosts weapon or magic damage. Even though it is called Glyph of Weapon damage, it really boosts both spell and weapon. Pairs really well with infused

Thank you Nestor.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok newbie lesson I learned last night. I bought a second Julianos Fire Staff for most of my hard earned gold and equipped it. AFTER equipping it I noticed that there was no extra item piece set bonus for it.

My original staff is enchanted with fire enchant. I've heard that adding a shock enchant would be beneficial would that be the route to go? I've read threads that say yes and some that say no shock but not point in having two identical weapons at least as far as I can see. Alcast at the link below for beginner builds state magic dmg enchant and weapon but now sure which enchantments those are.

Weapon 1 Law of Julianos Shock Infused Magic Dmg Enchant<<<<there is a magic dmg enchant?
    Weapon 2 Law of Julianos Shock Infused Weapon Damage Enchantment<<<<what exactly is this, does it mean fire enchant?

1. Front and back bar are separate, say you have 2x 3pc sets equipped, Julianos and Burning Spellweave. You equip a Julianos staff on your front bar and a BSW one on your back bar. You will only get the 5pc bonus from Julianos when on your front bar, and only get the 5pc bonus from BSW on your back bar.

2. Depends on class, sets and situation. Fire enchant will be the most raw dps and it also can add the burning effect. Where as a shock enchant can set an enemy off balance (+8% dmg) and proc Ilambris monster set, this is however irrelevant in a group as your healers will be applying off balance.

3. Weapon damage enchant basically adds x weapon and spell damage for x seconds. The 'Magic Dmg' refers to Flame or Shock enchant in PvE, in niche situations you may want to run the Prismatic but that's in rare cases. You can also opt for an absorb magicka enchant if you struggle with sustain.

4. You will want 2 same set staves front and back bar unless you have a vMA/Asylum staff, since you ideally want to keep the 5pc bonus on both bars to maximise DPS.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 3, 2018 2:49PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

1. Front and back bar are separate, say you have 2x 3pc sets equipped, Julianos and Burning Spellweave. You equip a Julianos staff on your front bar and a BSW one on your back bar. You will only get the 5pc bonus from Julianos when on your front bar, and only get the 5pc bonus from BSW on your back bar.

2. Depends on class, sets and situation. Fire enchant will be the most raw dps and it also can add the burning effect. Where as a shock enchant can set an enemy off balance (+8% dmg) and proc Ilambris monster set, this is however irrelevant in a group as your healers will be applying off balance.

3. Weapon damage enchant basically adds x weapon and spell damage for x seconds. The 'Magic Dmg' refers to Flame or Shock enchant in PvE, in niche situations you may want to run the Prismatic but that's in rare cases. You can also opt for an absorb magicka enchant if you struggle with sustain.

4. You will want 2 same set staves front and back bar unless you have a vMA/Asylum staff, since you ideally want to keep the 5pc bonus on both bars to maximise DPS.

That was extremely helpful thank you. I had not even considered swapping out would alter set bonuses. I have been running 5 piece necro with 5 piece mothers sorrow along with the one julianos staff(I forgot what my other staff was) but recently started switching out the m/s to julianos but my julianos set is not complete yet.