The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem complete Bollox

agrr70
agrr70
✭✭✭
Seriously,you [snip] If I have to que for Vivec EU and I cant enter Cyrodiil till TOMORROW,theres a [snip] problem,[snip] sort it out you [snip],and stop [snip] at us on the crown store while were at it,[snip]

[Edit for censor bypass and bashing.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 27, 2018 9:35PM
Smell my Cheese,
Bowtard,feed me your tears
PC EU Vivec
  • Havoc1971
    Havoc1971
    Soul Shriven
    #NerfSorcs
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try the other CP campaigns while you are waiting for the Vivec queue?
  • Aruu
    Aruu
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't change the fact he won't be in his home campaign until tomorrow you stoopid
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭

Have, some of those ques are *** aswell,plus I lose my placings and my pvp guilds play on Vivec,but hey lets paper over the cracks by playing on another server, rather than sorting the problem.
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    agrr70 wrote: »
    Seriously,you [snip] If I have to que for Vivec EU and I cant enter Cyrodiil till TOMORROW,theres a [snip] problem,[snip] sort it out you [snip],and stop [snip] at us on the crown store while were at it,[snip]

This post is constructive and well thought-out.

1. They know their servers suck because they open more. Impeccable causality.
    2. If a long queue exists because everyone wants in the main server, clearly that's a ZOS problem not a player behavior problem.
    3. Recolored mounts are the real issue.
    4. knobheads.

I don't know what more can be said about PvP issues. Hire this person.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 27, 2018 9:36PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aruu wrote: »

Doesn't change the fact he won't be in his home campaign until tomorrow you stoopid

Nice TES 3 reference.

No, it doesn't change the problem of the fact that there are a TON of people queued for Vivec.

My home campaign in PC/NA Vivec, so just tell me about gigantic queues, why don't you?

The entire point of ZOS opening the additional campaigns is so that people can PVP, even though ZOS knows full well that the Vivec queues are going to be enormous. It was like that last year, and I played on Shor until I could get into Vivec too. That's literally why we have D'Albei and Kastav.

If you can't get into the campaign you want, you have two choices. #1 Play PVP on a different guest campaign until you can get into the one you want or #2 Don't play PVP at all since you can't get into the one you want.

Your call.

Because ZOS isn't going to create a "Reserved Spot" for people who regularly play on a certain campaign, as much as that might be nice.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have, some of those ques are *** aswell,plus I lose my placings and my pvp guilds play on Vivec,but hey lets paper over the cracks by playing on another server, rather than sorting the problem.

Are you asking ZOS to get you a reserved spot or a "Fast Pass" through the queue?

Because that's not how this event works. You are just going to have to deal with having a bunch of people wanting to play on your home campaign.

I'm sympathetic, because my home campaign is PC/NA Vivec which has horrid queues and terrible lag as well. I play on Shor during this event until I can get onto Vivec, because I want to PVP, even if its not my home campaign.

The queues are first come, first serve. Short of ZOS giving privileges to regular players, this isn't going to change. So either you play on other campaigns while you wait, or I guess you don't PVP til tomorrow. Your call.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???? It would seem logical that with the very high influx of players during the event Zos would need to open more servers.

It would also seem logical that with the higher influx of players during the event some would queue for the other servers instead of complaining about the queue times.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 27, 2018 9:36PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and IBC
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, geez. It’s not that bad. The queues are long, for sure. I queued into my home campaign —396 in queue. What to do? Queued into my guest campaign —34 in queue. Farmed mats until Shor hit and had fun there for about maybe an hour and a half to two hours and then got into Vivec. Had fun there, too! You could, I don’t know, try making the best of the situation everyone knew to expect?
    Edited by NolaArch on July 27, 2018 9:46PM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

While we understand all the frustration due to the Midyear Mayhem event, when posting on the forums, we ask that all posts and threads be kept civil and constructive. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action being taken accordingly. At this time we would strongly recommend reviewing our rules, found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If zos planned better they would have just locked vivec to being homes by pvers and disabled the ability to guest it. The population influx wouldnt have been that much higher and the mass of pvers trying to get caltrops would be directed to new servers
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly all players who were homed to said campaign before event should be given priority while those who came for the event should be going to the new campaigns
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm homed at vivec and won't even try to go there. Honestly even Kastav campaign is freezing up and has infinite loading screens.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The edited OP is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen. Kudos Greg.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news everyone. According to @Stovahkiin everyone can simply switch campaigns and log in within 3 minutes guaranteed. Problem solved!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good news everyone. According to @Stovahkiin everyone can simply switch campaigns and log in within 3 minutes guaranteed. Problem solved!

Aww shucks, I’m flattered that you came to an entirely different thread to mention me! And yeah, it is pretty great that you can log into a lower pop campaign to get the Mayhem quest that you were talking about. Ty for pointing it out for me! *hugs*
    Edited by Stovahkiin on July 28, 2018 11:42PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cannot do Midyear Mayhem Achievment! Horrible ques all day long.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice TES 3 reference.

No, it doesn't change the problem of the fact that there are a TON of people queued for Vivec.

My home campaign in PC/NA Vivec, so just tell me about gigantic queues, why don't you?

The entire point of ZOS opening the additional campaigns is so that people can PVP, even though ZOS knows full well that the Vivec queues are going to be enormous. It was like that last year, and I played on Shor until I could get into Vivec too. That's literally why we have D'Albei and Kastav.

If you can't get into the campaign you want, you have two choices. #1 Play PVP on a different guest campaign until you can get into the one you want or #2 Don't play PVP at all since you can't get into the one you want.

Your call.

Because ZOS isn't going to create a "Reserved Spot" for people who regularly play on a certain campaign, as much as that might be nice.

Actually they might reserve a spot

During the event in shor I've only queued once ... I left cyrodil to do my writs after PvP and didn't reenter while it was quiet

All other times I've re-entered so when I log out I'm still in cyrodil

And that where I load in so the so called server lock could be players logged off being held in reserve
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LOL xD all the snips make this whole thing incomprehensible.

This is why we don't make entire sentences of swear words, ladies.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to drop the home / guest thing for the event
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

While we understand all the [snip] frustration due to the [snip] Midyear Mayhem event, when [snip] posting on the forums, we ask that all posts and threads be kept [snip] and [snip]. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action being taken accordingly. At this time we would [snip] recommend reviewing our rules, found here.

[snip] you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

Fixed :)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on August 1, 2018 11:37AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This post is constructive and well thought-out.

1. They know their servers suck because they open more. Impeccable causality.
    2. If a long queue exists because everyone wants in the main server, clearly that's a ZOS problem not a player behavior problem.
    3. Recolored mounts are the real issue.
    4. knobheads.

I don't know what more can be said about PvP issues. Hire this person.

idk why, but I LOL'd so hard there!
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    I just log in about an hour before I intend to play and queue then go about other things (like having dinner). I get that doesn't work for players that want to play as soon as they get home from work or whatever, but, for me, planning ahead has made the queues pretty much a non-issue doing it that way.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Nice TES 3 reference.

Your call.

Actually they might reserve a spot

During the event in shor I've only queued once ... I left cyrodil to do my writs after PvP and didn't reenter while it was quiet

All other times I've re-entered so when I log out I'm still in cyrodil

And that where I load in so the so called server lock could be players logged off being held in reserve

Recently ZOS changed it so that if the campaigns aren't poplocked, you can log back into Cyrodiil. For example, yesterday morning when Shor was not poplocked, I was able to log back in straight to Shor. That morning I logged out in Vivec, my home campaign, to take a break.

When I logged back in during the afternoon, Vivec was poplocked with a queue, so I logged back into Alinor instead, and had to queue for Vivec again.

That "reserved" spot only counts if your campaign isn't poplocked with a queue. So no, there's no way ZOS reserves spots for people who's home campaign is Vivec if there is a high enough demand from other players.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, keep aditional servers going after Midyear Mayhem. The community needs them since you won't solv the lag problems on Shor and Vivec. Requests have been send since ever and yet PvP always seems broke.
    Besides that, some classes need serious nerfs because the game isnt balanced for so long.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • beebay
    beebay
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t que for pvp often but when I do it’s all about that bass.

With that said, sorry to those who can’t get in because I’m in but I’ll have you know that I try my ass off to be relevant to the cause. I’ve only ever qued into Vivic previously so I feel it is home to me and it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to play due to the lag and other weird occurrences that result in me getting booted and then having to que all over again. I do que Shor because it’s the same difference to me but just wanted to say from a ZOS paying customer point of view that my time is valuable as is others to them and broken instances are wasteing our time.
    Can’t get that time back ZOS.
    *Wonders why everybody is just standing around*
    In short I feel your pain.
    Oh and not a single one of the disconnects that I have had in pvp was due to my internet dropping.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant read half of the stuff because Zos cant take criticism you wrote but yea gotta agree.
    Money > making their game enjoyable for Zos atm :).
    Pushing *** cosmetic crown store content on monthly basis, pushing boring dungeons where you can get most of achievements on the first day every 3 months and pushing "mini-trial" where the hardmodes get cleared within a week every 6 months, but cant fix *** thats overdue for 2 years (pvp, boring endgame etc.).
    Thats why many people I know canceled their ESO+ Subs, quit the game and some even sold their accounts for significant sums.